Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Romanian Stock FCG or Tapco G2?

What is it about the Tapco G2 that makes it a better FCG? Is it really better?

My Romy G has on a couple of occasions fired two rounds when the trigger was pulled and I'm wondering if I need to change the FCG. I can get a used Romanian FCG in excellent condition for like $3, or the G2 for about $30. I'll buy the G2 if it is indeed an improvement, otherwise I might as well just get the Romy FCG.

I guess I'm asking what the Pros are for the Tapco G2 and if it's worth the extra expense.

Thanks!

Bro what you describe is defective! Pull those parts immediately and get rid of them!

Now as to the REPLACEMENTS the G2 is better. Youll notice the difference.

REMOVE THE DEFECTIVE PARTS NOW

Do you think it is definitely the FCG that is causing the problem?

What makes the G2 better than a replacement Romy FCG?
    Last edited by Sopater; 10-14-2015 at 09:00 AM.

I am not sure how your gun was set up from the factory. Many imports were only legal with a US magazine. The 922r nonsense had us trying to be legal using the only available parts at the time which were "Crapco". In spit of the name, I never had a problem with their 922r parts. The hunting down folks for 922r compliance has not happened YET, but I do not trust Mugabe. If you had to use the gun for self defense my guess is a parts count would occur.

OF COURSE I HAVE NEVER HAD A GUN DOUBLE -------------IF IT EVER HAPPENS I WILL NOT POST IT.

Choirboy

I replaced four AK triggers with the Tapco G2. It it an improvement in feel and control, but it was still a little rough. After polishing mine, they smoothed out but the pull weight also dropped noticeably--to about 4 lbs. IOW, for the Tapco to be on its game, it's going to be lighter than many care for on a fighting carbine.

You might try an Arsenal FCG for about the same money. If you are serious about a really good trigger, the adjustable Red Star Arms is very good I hear.

But it if all you want is to restore function, get replacement parts, polish them, and you'll be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by choirboy View Post
    OF COURSE I HAVE NEVER HAD A GUN DOUBLE -------------IF IT EVER HAPPENS I WILL NOT POST IT.
    Good advice, but I don't see it being much different than a bump-fire. The rifle is built on a NDS-1 receiver and is fully compliant with 922r. I suppose that the G2 would certainly help in that area of compliance by adding margin. I think that it is likely that my issue was due to inadvertent bump-fire during zeroing, but I do want to make sure that I do all that I can to make sure it doesn't happen again. I'm hoping that replacing the FCG will mitigate for that.

OK lemme see if this helps, nobody will care HOW YOU SEE IT, certainly not the US Attorney. Youre welcome to do what you like; but since you asked for advice, you might just consider whats been said especially when it comes from a couple of cops.... So now that you know its defective and youve been advised thats its an issue, Big Boy Rules apply

John Chambers is offline Suarez International Staff Instructor - Retired
    Do what you like stud, but if that rifle is truly doubling, you are now in possession of an illegal machine gun, per the NFA and ATFE. If you are bump firing from the bench, that is operator error due to faulty trigger and weapon control. I would also check the FCG on that Romy rifle, many of them have the trigger replaced with a G2 as part of the import process.

Quote Originally Posted by Sopater View Post
    Good advice, but I don't see it being much different than a bump-fire. The rifle is built on a NDS-1 receiver and is fully compliant with 922r. I suppose that the G2 would certainly help in that area of compliance by adding margin. I think that it is likely that my issue was due to inadvertent bump-fire during zeroing, but I do want to make sure that I do all that I can to make sure it doesn't happen again. I'm hoping that replacing the FCG will mitigate for that.
    "IN ORBE TERRUM NON VISI"

"LUCK FAVORS THE PREPARED"

"So I have to take my beret from my head, and put it in my heart. I'm not going to put it back on until the enemy has them by the throat. Not until I'm fighting for the Constitution of the United States of America."

To Train with John Chambers: CLICK HERE!

HRO-5: Terrorist / Active Shooter Interdiction - 1/23-24/2016

CRG-3: Advanced Gunfighting - 4/2-3/2016

RGF-3: Advanced Rifle Gunfighting - 5/21-22/2016

HRO-2: Rural Patrolling II - 10/1-2/2016

Quote Originally Posted by EDELWEISS View Post
    OK lemme see if this helps, nobody will care HOW YOU SEE IT, certainly not the US Attorney. Youre welcome to do what you like; but since you asked for advice, you might just consider whats been said especially when it comes from a couple of cops.... So now that you know its defective and youve been advised thats its an issue, Big Boy Rules apply
    I am asking for advice in correcting the issue, and I asked if I should consider the Tapco G2 or a stock Romy FCG and what makes the Tapco better. For all the "advice" you gave, the only answer of any value is "the G2 is better. Youll notice the difference."

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by John Chambers View Post
    Do what you like stud, but if that rifle is truly doubling, you are now in possession of an illegal machine gun, per the NFA and ATFE. If you are bump firing from the bench, that is operator error due to faulty trigger and weapon control. I would also check the FCG on that Romy rifle, many of them have the trigger replaced with a G2 as part of the import process.
    If it's truly doubling, how should I fix it? New trigger group? If so, what does this group recommend?

If it's operator error, the only faulty trigger control that I can see being the cause would be too slow of a squeeze on the trigger. That is a distinct possibility.