Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Keep the cars in the garage when home. Make whoever has criminal intent work a little harder to know whether or not your home.
    Jeff Cooper RIP

Things learned while living and working in Detroit; if it's late at night and you HAVE to drive through a bad area, remember the phrase "Lock, run, run". Lock your doors; orcs can't get to you if they can't get the door open. Run STOP signs and Red lights. If you come to one of those, and there is no cross traffic, or anything else around, roll through it. Orcs look for stationary target. I had a Detroit cop tell me that they don't even bother pulling people over in that circumstance. Finally, if it gets in front of the car and threatens you, RUN IT OVER, get outta Dodge, call the police.

Pulling up to a house? A $50 spotlight is worth its weight in gold. Check the driveway, the bushes, and the porch.

Couple more:

1) When someone is approaching you make sure to look at their hands. Are the holding something? Hidden in a pocket? Shaking? Does he have quick access to a weapon?

2) When using a public bathroom use a stall so you can lock the door behind you. I know a guy that was mugged while taking a piss at a urinal. Would have been harder to mug him had he had a locked door between him and the would be mugger.

Quote Originally Posted by Boetman View Post
    Have some Kevlar close to hand. Still want to have a 2mx2m Kev 'Blanket' made to cover my loved ones in a corner/car when needed.
    Are you not allowed to buy one?

ja we are allowed kev and all things nice. just i havenever seen a 2x2m kev blanket advertised so it will be a speciality item
    If my time must come, let it be when I am protecting my loved ones. Let there be a pile of brass scattered around me and a pile of my enemies at my feet. Let my slides be locked open on empty mags and my knife broken. Let my face be bloody from biting the throat of my last foe and let me be wearing a necklace of fresh ears. Take me to Your Heavens and let me hear the laughter of my children as they reenact the fight and I will rest peacefully.- Edelweiss.

Back during the cold war the CIA taught all its spies 40 rules later deemed "The Moscow Rules." Not all of it is applicable to the every day guy but some are.

* Edited to add the remaining rules *

1. Assume nothing.
    2. Technology will always let you down.
    3. Murphy is right.
    4. Never go against your gut.
    5. Always listen to your gut; it is your operational antennae.
    6. Everyone is potentially under opposition control.
    7. Don’t look back; you are never completely alone. Use your gut.
    8. Go with the flow; use the terrain.
    9. Take the natural break of traffic.
    10. Maintain a natural pace.
    11. Establish a distinctive and dynamic profile and pattern.
    12. Stay consistent over time.
    13. Vary your pattern and stay within your profile.
    14. Be non threatening: keep them relaxed; mesmerize!
    15. Lull them into a sense of complacency.
    16. Know the opposition and their terrain intimately.
    17. Build in opportunity but use it sparingly.
    18. Don’t harass the opposition.
    19. Make sure they can anticipate your destination.
    20. Pick the time and place for action.
    21. Any operation can be aborted; if it feels wrong, then it is wrong.
    22. Keep your options open.
    23. If your gut says to act, overwhelm their senses.
    24. Use misdirection, illusion, and deception.
    25. Hide small operative motions in larger non threatening motions.
    26. Float like a butterfly; sting like bee.
    27. When free, In Obscura, immediately change direction and leave the area.
    28. Break your trail and blend into the local scene.
    29. Execute a surveillance detection run designed to draw them out over time.
    30. Once is an accident; twice is a coincidence; three times is an enemy action.
    31. Avoid static lookouts; stay away from chokepoints where they can reacquire you.
    32. Select a meeting site so you can overlook the scene.
    33. Keep any asset separated from you by time and distance until it is time.
    34. If the asset has surveillance, then the operation has gone bad.
    35. Only approach the site when you are sure it is clean.
    36. After the meeting or act is done, “close the loop” at a logical cover destination.
    37. Be aware of surveillance’s time tolerance so they aren’t forced to raise an alert.
    38. If an alert is issued, they must pay a price and so must you.
    39. Let them believe they lost you; act innocent.
    40. There is no limit to a human being’s ability to rationalize the truth.

If you have to "nosy park" when you reverse out turn the wheels towards the passenger side, if anyone is approaching the drivers side door you can swipe them.

When using public toilets use the end cubicle, only two vulnerable directions.

Use the front side camera on smart phones for discreet surveillance behind you.
    ...If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
    To serve your turn long after they are gone,
    And so hold on when there is nothing in you
    Except the Will which says to them: "Hold on!"...
    If - Rudyard Kipling

ECRG, June 2006
    Warrior Skills Camp, July 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Boetman View Post
    ja we are allowed kev and all things nice. just i havenever seen a 2x2m kev blanket advertised so it will be a speciality item
    Brother, there are ballistic blankets all over the place. They are not cheap, though. I found a bunch by just typing "armor blanket" into Google.
    If you knew you would fight for your life tomorrow, would it change the way you train today?

Rom 13:4 For he is God's minister to you for good. But if you do evil, be afraid; for he does not bear the sword in vain; for he is God's minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil.

Train today for the things that others won't so tomorrow you can do what others can't

Something I dont think has been said:

- Before posting something on facebook ask yourself "how can a criminal use what im about to post against me? Whats it telling people. What else can a person gather about me from this information?"

Also, every now and then I like to google search my real name, my emails, my phone numbers, and other info about myself to see what comes up.

Some more stuff:

- If you have to break a window hit it at one of the corners as it will be easier to break. To make it quiet use duct tape to make a big X on the window then break it.

- At hotels never stay above the 6th floor as fire truck ladders cant typically reach any higher that that. Staying on the third floor is best as criminals will often only rob the first two floors because they can get away quicker. Also if you have to exit a window a thrid floor exit probably wont kill you. Try to stay in a room not very close to the stairs. Criminals will break into rooms closer to the stairs first as it provids a quicker get away. Use your phone to take a picture of the emergency evacuation plan so you always have taht information in your pocket.

- Anytime you buy somethign expensive or leave a gun store/show make sure you aren't being followed on your way home. Ive herd stories of criminals following people home after they buy a high priced item and/or firearm.