Press: 70x5x3
    Deadlift: 195x5

My routine for the first two weeks will be this:
    A: Squat, Press, Deadlift
    B: Squat, Bench Press, Deadlift

Then I'll add in power cleans and change the programming to this:
    B: Squat Bench Press, Power Clean

I went pretty conservatively for the weight, since I still need work on form. I'll post numbers once a week. Also, I need to bring some headphones with me next time. Good lord, who the hell wants to listen to pop music when strength training??
    Suarez International Staff Instructor, Iowa

"EVERY MAN IS A COUNTER TERRORIST." --Gabe Suarez
    "It's not the will to win that matters--everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters." --Paul "Bear" Bryant
    "Love of theory is the root of all evil." --William M. Briggs

Quote Originally Posted by ericmt View Post
    First day of strength training

Squats: 115x5x3
    Press: 70x5x3
    Deadlift: 195x5

My routine for the first two weeks will be this:
    B: Squat, Bench Press, Deadlift

Then I'll add in power cleans and change the programming to this:
    B: Squat Bench Press, Power Clean

I went pretty conservatively for the weight, since I still need work on form. I'll post numbers once a week. Also, I need to bring some headphones with me next time. Good lord, who the hell wants to listen to pop music when strength training??
    Nobody. Home gym = Rammstein.

Quote Originally Posted by Danneskjold View Post
    Nobody. Home gym = Rammstein.
    Forgot about Rammstein. I'm definitely going to listen to them while training. Korn also.

"It's not the will to win that matters--everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters." --Paul "Bear" Bryant

Nice work!
    LIVING > FIRED > JAIL > DEAD

DISCIPLINA EST LIBERTATEM
    KRG, HRO: Team Tactics 1/2, CRG, HRO: CQB/Team Tactics, Defensive Knife, TMCO

T
    WOTU Since 2012

Quote Originally Posted by ericmt View Post
    Forgot about Rammstein. I'm definitely going to listen to them while training. Korn also.

Buried Alive.

trust me, will make you very angry.
    "It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known". - Sydney Carton, A Tale of Two cities - Charles Dickens

Quote Originally Posted by Rummy View Post
    Buried Alive.

trust me, will make you very angry.
    Damn, that's perfect for strength training. I'm going to download them today. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

Weekly Update:

7/17/15
    Squat: 125x5x3
    Bench: 95x5x3
    Deadlift: 210x5

7/19/15
    Squat: 135x5x3
    Press: 75x5x3
    Deadlift: 225x5

7/21/15
    Squat: 145x5x3
    Bench: 105x5x3
    Deadlift: 240x5

Bench was quite easy, so I'm going to keep increasing by 10. Squat and DL, however, are starting to get pretty tough. I'll keep increasing by 10 and 15, respectively, until failure, but that obviously won't last forever. I got some chalk for the 7/21 DL, which helped a lot. I'll start power cleaning really soon, which I'm looking forward to. Also, Rummy, I purchased a Buried Alive CD (it was cheaper than the MP3 download), so I'll start listening to that while training when it arrives.

Great Job. Keep at it. One of my buddies is literally half the man he used to be (mid twenties) . Strength training and HIIT. Decided he wanted to run a bit, so he trained for a month and a half and ran a half marathon ( wants to do a full in 4 hours or less ) . Still strength training.

Once he got started, he hasn't stopped.
    NEVER CONFUSE GETTING LUCKY WITH GOOD TACTICS (unless you are at the bar)

I'm not in the business of Losing

A stab to the taint beats most of the mystical bullshit, most of the time

Weekly Update:
    Got a nasty case of strep throat, and had to miss Friday and Sunday. On Tuesday, I just re-did the previous weights, since I had missed almost a week and hadn't been eating very much. This ended up being the right choice, since the weight was much harder this time around.

7/28/15
    Squat: 145x5x3
    Press: 75x5x3
    Deadlift: 240x5

It's also been an odd transition to go to eating a calorie surplus instead of deficit. My body's not used to getting extra calories, after running a deficit for such a long time. I've added some whole milk for this, but am otherwise still following Paleo.

Weekly Update:
    7/30/15
    Squat: 155x5x3
    Bench: 115x5x3
    Deadlift: 255x5

8/1/5
    Met with a Starting Strength Coach to work on my form for the squat, press and deadlift. I was too concerned with what I was learning that I forgot to write down my numbers. I do know that I didn't get the reps I wanted. The session went really well and was worth the time and money. I'd been getting some knee pain squatting, and he showed me that it was because I was bringing my right knee in at the bottom of the squat. I also tried squatting with his belt, and my form improved a whole bunch. It kept everything tight, and reduced any extraneous movement. I'm purchasing one today from bestbelts.net, as soon as I find our measuring tape. I'm also going to buy some squat shoes, probably next month.

8/4/15
    Squat: 160x5x3
    Bench: 125x5x3
    Power Clean: 95x2, 85x3x4
    This was my first time doing power cleans since I learned them in May. The one thing I need to change next time is to stack some plates underneath to simulate the bar distance off the ground of a 45 lb plate. It was hard to get into the proper starting position with the bar hanging at mid-shin. From now on, I'm alternating deadlifts and power cleans.

I'm going to add chin ups on power clean days, probably starting on Sunday.