Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8131415161718
    I can no longer sneak into the gym and train without getting caught, so weights will have to take a short break.

Between the weight loss, strength training, and a stressful job, I usually only have enough energy to get in 15 minutes of dry fire each day. Since I can't strength train right now, I increased my dry fire to 1 hour per day, and am focusing more on my rifle than usual (since it's more fatiguing).

I lost 2.2 lbs and 1/4" off my waist this week. I'm not sure when I'll reach the point when it's time to stop my weight loss (and, to be honest, I don't know exactly where that point is), but I'm getting fairly close. My guess is another 2-3 months of weight loss will get me where I should be. I'm still counting macros, and am eating healthier than I ever have. I'm also 5 lbs lighter than I was when I graduated high school, and am stronger than I was back then. In fact, I think I'm even a bit skinnier than when I ran varsity cross country my freshman year of high school.
    Suarez International Staff Instructor, Iowa

"EVERY MAN IS A COUNTER TERRORIST." --Gabe Suarez
    "It's not the will to win that matters--everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters." --Paul "Bear" Bryant
    "Love of theory is the root of all evil." --William M. Briggs

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Tull View Post
    I'm not sure when I'll reach the point when it's time to stop my weight loss (and, to be honest, I don't know exactly where that point is), but I'm getting fairly close. My guess is another 2-3 months of weight loss will get me where I should be. I'm still counting macros, and am eating healthier than I ever have.
    Science-wise, I'm not a big fan of eating at a deficit for more than maybe 12 weeks at a time, with at least 8 weeks of maintenance cals in between cuts.
    ===========================
    Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
    Science-wise, I'm not a big fan of eating at a deficit for more than maybe 12 weeks at a time, with at least 8 weeks of maintenance cals in between cuts.
    Interesting, I haven't heard of that before. What's the reasoning behind it?

"It's not the will to win that matters--everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters." --Paul "Bear" Bryant

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Tull View Post
    Interesting, I haven't heard of that before. What's the reasoning behind it?
    The article I knew I could find the fastest, but there are more-footnoted ones out there if you want boring science ones:

https://renaissanceperiodization.com...f-maintenance/
    ===========================
    Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
    The article I knew I could find the fastest, but there are more-footnoted ones out there if you want boring science ones:

https://renaissanceperiodization.com...f-maintenance/
    Thanks! I'll take a look at it.

3/30/20
    Squat:
    190 3x5

Press:
    105 4x4

Deadlift (elevated 3"):
    270 2x3

Since I hadn't trained in 8 days, I repeated the weights. They were challenging, but not brutal.

Nutrition Update:
    I lost 3.6 lbs and 1/2" off my waist this week. I actually lost about 0.5 lb of this last week, but my weight had shot up a bit at the end of the prior week. Things are still going really well with the diet. I'm following my macros, losing weight easily, and not getting any cravings.

4/2/20
    Squat:
    195 3x5

Bench:
    170 4x4

Deadlift (elevated 3"):
    275 2x3

Still working a short linear progression after the flu and the 1-week interruption last week.