Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 38910111213
    11/26/2019
    Squat:
    195 3x5
    It felt a lot more comfortable getting my torso between my legs. It seems to usually take me two sessions for me to get used to a form change.

Bench:
    160 3x5
    Didn't have the greatest bar path on the last two reps. Focused on driving the legs all the way to the shoulder blades (instead of to the hips), and having my butt just lightly touch the bench.

Deadlift:
    260 3x5
    Really liking the new deadlift shoes. They took a while to get used to, but they lock my feet in position better than just wearing socks. They aren't the huge improvement that wearing a good belt or getting squat shoes are, but they're definitely worth it.
    Suarez International Staff Instructor, Iowa

"EVERY MAN IS A COUNTER TERRORIST." --Gabe Suarez
    "It's not the will to win that matters--everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters." --Paul "Bear" Bryant
    "Love of theory is the root of all evil." --William M. Briggs

I haven't commented on my diet since I started training, but I've made huge improvements with it. Although I was losing weight, I was eating like crap for the past year. Too much fast food during work, and not nearly enough protein. Right now, I'm getting 2500 calories per day, with 220 grams protein, 225 grams carbs, 80 grams fat, and 40 grams fiber. I'm losing about a pound per week, in addition to the muscle I'm putting on with the strength training.
    Last edited by Eric Tull; 11-26-2019 at 08:36 PM.

"It's not the will to win that matters--everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters." --Paul "Bear" Bryant

11/29/2019
    Squat:
    200 3x5

Press:
    115 4,4,4,3
    This one pissed me off. I think my last rep got out too far in front of me.

RDL:
    175 3x8

Diet:
    I lost 1.2 lbs last week and 1/8" off my waist. Coach wants me losing a bit faster, so now I'm down to 2,400 calories per day (220 protein, 220 carbs, 71 fat).

12/1/2019
    Squat:
    205 3x5

Bench:
    162.5 3x5

Deadlift:
    265 1x5

Any idea how that would work with less carbs/keto and intermittent fasting? Keep up the good work!
    KRG-1: Kalashnikov Rifle Gunfighting
    HRO-5: Terrorist and Active Shooter Interdiction
    CRG-4: Force On Force Gunfighting
    CRG-5: Zero To Five Feet Gunfighting
    Red Dot Combat Pistol School
    HRO-6/HRO-7: CQB-Fighting in Structures/Team Tactics, Urban Warfare Weekend

TWOTU since 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Brightlightman View Post
    Any idea how that would work with less carbs/keto and intermittent fasting? Keep up the good work!
    I ran the novice linear progression a few years ago on a low carb diet, and it went badly for me. Specifically, my energy level was really low throughout the day after my workout. I'm doubtful about intermittent fasting, as well. You're adding 15 pounds to your squat and around 10 pound to your deadlift every week, so your body is going to need a decent amount of fuel for your workout and recovery. If you have some excess body fat, you can use that during the NLP, but you'll probably still need a decent amount of carbs pre-workout (my coach recommends 60-100 grams for me). However, I'm certainly no expert at this, and also things may change once I get past my NLP and am adding weight to the bar every week instead of every workout.
    Last edited by Eric Tull; 12-03-2019 at 04:07 PM.

12/3/2019
    Squat:
    210 3x5
    Got onto my toes the last two reps.

Press:
    115 4x4
    Focused on getting the bar close to my face.

Deadlift:
    270 1x5

12/6/2019
    Pause Squat (2ct):
    167.5 2x5
    I'm now doing these once a week to 1) give me a light day for squats and 2) get my form better at the bottom of the squat, which is where I struggle the most.

Bench:
    165 3x5

RDL:
    185 3x8
    My flexibility is increasing, thereby increasing my range of motion for these.