Default CRG-3 with Randy Harris: Charlestown, IN -- 11,12 July 2015

Gotta make this quick, as I've been on hold fighting with US Army Human Resources Command for over 2.5 hours now...

Another enjoyable and successful class given by Randy (and hosted / supported by Jeff B.), regardless of the torrential downpour we experienced on the morning of Day 2. This "more-seasoned" group of shooter-students (trigger time, not age) thoroughly enjoyed Randy's excellent shooting demonstrations and superior instructional knowledge & expertise; we liked the classroom review of the basics (with examples, stories, a detailed history of shooting over the decades, and a number of practical exercises to 100% back up what was being put out), which were immediately followed by range time to build muscle memory and practice what was discussed until the lessons were firmly internalized.

Contact-distance drills, multiple attackers, getting off the "X" in every conceivable direction, and engaging threats at distance were all covered. The students got along well -- we didn't have "that guy" (unless it was me....hey, wait a minute!) -- and we all learned a little from each other as well as Randy; there was excellent post-class camaraderie as we fired each other's pistols, told war stories of military, LE and CCW experiences, and went through a pretty detailed AAR (after-action review) of the class topics, of Randy's facilitation, and we discussed future plans for other classes at that site and with the class participants.

All in all, the class delivered on its training objectives, and then some.

Good meeting you all -- and thanks again, Randy and Jeff !
    Bob
    a.k.a. StealthNeighbor
    CRG-2 / CRG-3 / CRG-4 / HITS-8 / HRO-5 / RGF-1

"Tell me and I forget.
    Show me and I remember.
    Involve me and I learn."
    --
    quote often attributed to Benjamin Franklin

"I came into this world kicking, screaming and covered in someone else's blood.
    I have absolutely no issues going out in exactly the same manner."
    --
    unknown (lots of variants)

I agree. A great time, really nothing not to like. Randy did a great job doing a lot of what I have come to expect from Suarez classes: flexibility, variety, and an openness to discussion.

Also great to have a really highly experienced bunch of guys in the class. Makes for a really smooth and learning rich environment.

A shout out to my new "best buddy" Eric. He brought me venison sausage on Sunday and has a 150 yard driveway/rifle range for us to use at his soon be be announced summer barbeques for all of us.

Thanks to all of the guys in the class. Putting up with the "old guy" (me) can be a challenge. I would be happy to shoot with any of you, any time, any place.

"Always outnumbered. Never outfought!"

Motto of the Special Action Force of the Philippine Constabulary

Awesome class! Definitely made great by the caliber of students in attendance. There is a lot to be said for a group that can accomplish many great things in spite of hiccups. I wish I could have gotten more pictures taken, but I hate to lose repetitions.
    P9130153.jpgP9130157.jpgP9130151.jpgP9130182.jpgP9130165.jpgP9130185.jpg

I even learned some important life lessons outside of class time, such as:

1. I now know what it's like to be on a submarine that is sinking. Nothing like opening a building where the water rushes out.
    2. Convict labor doesn't seem to charge extra for weekend hours.
    3. Gore Tex boots keep water out until completely submerged- then they are slow to relinquish said water....
    4. Apparently poaching jokes end once the conservation officer writes down your address.
    5. I don't think I'm ready for Chicago social interactions.
    6. Class seems more fun when someone else pays for the ammo.
    7. Don't attempt J-Turns with underinflated tires....
    On the bright side, I am enjoying my new Yokohamas.

I'll upload the complete set onto a Flickr Album. PM me or email me for a link.
    "Always outnumbered. Never outfought!"

Motto of the Special Action Force of the Philippine Constabulary

Thanks for the pics, Jeff !
    Bob
    a.k.a. StealthNeighbor
    CRG-2 / CRG-3 / CRG-4 / HITS-8 / HRO-5 / RGF-1

"Tell me and I forget.
    Show me and I remember.
    Involve me and I learn."
    --
    quote often attributed to Benjamin Franklin

"I came into this world kicking, screaming and covered in someone else's blood.
    I have absolutely no issues going out in exactly the same manner."
    --
    unknown (lots of variants)