Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Suarez Bowie or UFK?

Any word in when there might be a Suarez Bowie or UFK back in production?

I bought one for my little brother a couple years ago when he deployed to Afghanistan. I wish I'd bought two haha

Ive been looking for a good bowie, but haven't found anything that really strikes my fancy. If these knives are going back into production, I'd rather patiently wait to buy one, than spending my money on a lesser product.

....or does anyone have a SI UFK they'd be willing to hock? Lol
    Isaiah 54:17

Deus dea traballo, dixo o enterrador.

The "market" seems far more interested in small EDC/CCW knives so I am moving away from the big knives for a while.
    Gabe Suarez

We cut our enemy's throats with Occam's Razor

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Bummer. Thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabe Suarez View Post
    The "market" seems far more interested in small EDC/CCW knives so I am moving away from the big knives for a while.
    Do you have any recommendations on similar quality/style knives? Thanks.

I'll make you a deal on a Al Mar bowie if youre interested --email me for details

H60DoorGunner
    I tried to pm you but your box is full. I have a new UFK that is to large for what I had in mind.
    PM me if you are interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabe Suarez View Post

Hey Gabe how about making a smaller version of the UFK? Maybe with a 3.5 or 4 inch blade with 4 inch handle or a little shorter? Just a thought.

H60DoorGunner, I considered offering mine for sale as I need to have a Germanic car repair, but when I handled it I thought, NO, don't do it. I have the black-bladed model with the brown scales. I think that was the first of them.

Quote Originally Posted by mtmongeon View Post
    Hey Gabe how about making a smaller version of the UFK? Maybe with a 3.5 or 4 inch blade with 4 inch handle or a little shorter? Just a thought.
    A 5.5" blade would be perfect as an EDC, universal, general purpose knife. I would buy one in a heart beat. I love my Classic Bowie but it's a little on the large side. I carried it on a recent hog knife hunt with dogs and it's just too big when you get in close with all of the dogs. Went back to using my 5.5" Buck fixed blade that took my first hog years ago. It's just easier to carry, faster to draw, easier to safely maneuver when you're up close and personal and there are others that you don't want to stab.

Quote Originally Posted by H60DoorGunner View Post
    Do you have any recommendations on similar quality/style knives? Thanks.

The UFK is based on a Randall IIRC, though a more modern design. For a similar sized and shaped knife but without the full exposed tang, handle slabs, and integral guard, a Randall might be a good choice but it will cost more and the wait would probably be longer than waiting for the UFK to be made again. Cold Steel, Blackjack, and I think SOG make their own versions of this Randall model.

I can't really think of a Bowie that is similar to the TSD Bowie. If you don't need a full exposed tang and handle slabs with an integral guard designed to catch a blade, then the various Cold Steel Bowies could work. Cold Steel Secure-ex sheathes are not great but they are usable. Most companies making large choppers make them as survival knives rather than fighters so they will be heavier than a fighter needs to be and usually will have a bulky nylon sheath and often no guard.
    "Why should I trade one tyrant 3,000 miles away for 3,000 tyrants one mile away. An elected legislature can trample a man's rights as easily as the king can." Benjamin Martin, The Patriot