Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Gang unit: How do you carry it?

I've been wearing my gang unit for a few weeks now and am very impressed with its build and quality. So far wearing it at the at the small of my back disappears with ease. Wearing it appendix prints a bit more but just make sure to wear a good belt and that will help a lot. I did attempt to rotate the belt mount 90 degrees for a horizontal mount but the mounting holes didn't line up unfortunately.
    Has anyone found out a way to mount the GU horizontally?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by docholliday13; 02-17-2016 at 03:02 PM.
    * "NO Reserves, NO Retreats, NO Regrets"
    -William Borden

*Faith, Firearms, and Fitness

Mine is worn on my duty belt just to the left of the buckle. Its on a 45degree angle so the handle is positioned for weak side draw, (it took some work to get the screws to lined up but its possible). Its also positioned so its behind the belt (clip in front), that way the handle is semi concealed behind my mags; but easily reached.

I bought it after seeing the CCWer get tackled in the Walmart. I wanted a knife I could grab with my weak hand while guarding my gun with my strong hand. Its also reach-able for strong hand grab

If I were using it in street clothes Id try for a similar set up, say 11:45ish

I carry mine pretty much the same way as Edelweiss except in a vertical manner. In plain clothes/business attire I wear it vertically as well so as not to change up/confuse myself with different modes of carry. On mine, the holes do line up so I am able to carry it horizontally if I so desire. I've only had it for a month or two so I'm surprised yours doesn't line up also.

While at CRG-3 this weekend, I had my mags at 9 and the GU at 10:30ish. At one point I went to do a speed reload (slide locked to the rear during a drill) and tried to load my pistol with the GU. I missed the mag well and poked my hand with the GU tip. Thankfully, it was just a poke and I didn't stab myself with it or draw any blood. So, I may have to rethink how I carry my gear in plain clothes.
    "So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their view, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and its purpose in the service of your people." - Tecumseh

Shannon Hogan is offline Suarez International Affiliate - Salt Lake City
    Just left (10 o'clock) of my IWB vertical double mag carrier. Horizontal, edge up, handle pointed at buckle. G17 AIWB right of buckle. I have a big chest and (reasonably) small waist so I can conceal gear pretty well.
    fulminis instar "Like thunderbolts, fast as lightning."
    Hogan Clan motto.

IWB on opposite my Glock using the 550 cord loop.

The GU is one of the easiest knives to carry horizontally. A Tek-Lok or belt clip will do it. Personally, settled on IWB with a 45-degree cant, secured by a single pull-the-dot belt loop. But if horizontal is your thing, the GU is a prime candidate for that.
    Virtute et Armis

Default Gang unit: How do you carry it?

Ha, that's an interesting experience shooterb. Glad it was just a poke! And now that I look at it I tried to line up the holes across the sheath and completely overlooked placing them side by side... I'm going to have to try this out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by docholliday13; 06-15-2015 at 09:22 PM.
    * "NO Reserves, NO Retreats, NO Regrets"
    -William Borden

*Faith, Firearms, and Fitness

I've tried to load a surefire into my G19 at least once - thankfully it was a match and gave me the heads-up I needed to relocate the light on my belt...

Quote Originally Posted by shooterb View Post
    I carry mine pretty much the same way as Edelweiss except in a vertical manner. In plain clothes/business attire I wear it vertically as well so as not to change up/confuse myself with different modes of carry. On mine, the holes do line up so I am able to carry it horizontally if I so desire. I've only had it for a month or two so I'm surprised yours doesn't line up also.

While at CRG-3 this weekend, I had my mags at 9 and the GU at 10:30ish. At one point I went to do a speed reload (slide locked to the rear during a drill) and tried to load my pistol with the GU. I missed the mag well and poked my hand with the GU tip. Thankfully, it was just a poke and I didn't stab myself with it or draw any blood. So, I may have to rethink how I carry my gear in plain clothes.
    Shooterb,
    I guess you figured I don't miss much, but I was trying to figure out what the hell you tossed at your feet.
    Jon Payne
    Ambassador, Suarez Group of Companies
    Suarez International Law Enforcement Instructor

The Two Most Dangerous Places in Today's World:
    1.) A Gun Free Zone
    2.) Your Comfort Zone

I choose to live a peaceful life. It's not hard to change my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Payne View Post
    Shooterb,
    I guess you figured I don't miss much, but I was trying to figure out what the hell you tossed at your feet.
    Yeah, I picked up on that. haha. I'm just glad I didn't have to do first aid on myself. That would've been awesome.

Jess sent me the video of that particular drill. It's filmed from behind, but I can imagine the "WTF?!" look on your face as you were watching me. I changed the GU from vertical to horizontal for the rest of the weekend, but am not sold on it yet. Especially when carrying appendix.
    "So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their view, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and its purpose in the service of your people." - Tecumseh