Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default CMMG Mutant MK47 Rifle?

Does anyone have any experience with the CMMG MK47 Mutant rifle in 7.62X39 ? Do you think it would be a better choice than the Sig 556XI or the Galil Ace? Thanks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_V3RUxTTDE

Have a RRA, similar idea, different execution, works very well.

I looked at one today actually, not sure it will woo me away from my trusty 556r but the same controls as an ar could be very handy from a muscle memory standpoint. I think actual reliability and durability reports are required.

The lack of either a side charger or a bolt hold open makes this thing equal a bucket of fail. The AR charging handle was placed where it is because your are supposed to use the bolt release to charge the weapon after a mag change.

Theres a SCAR lower that takes AK mags coming out soon. That would be the tits.

AS dirty as ak ammo is I think this is a step backwards. I'll stick with the SIG 556R.
    Scott Vandiver
    NRA Training Counselor
    Private Security Instructor
    Www.centerfiretraining.com

I took a MK47 off the rack here at the Shop, put an Aimpoint T1 Micro on it and changed the furniture the night before a Carbine Class back in Feb.
    1100 Rounds Through it. Lots of Failures.

This is a pic of Mags that wouldn't feed just from day one.
    20150228_163900.jpg

Here's a short vid of me fumbling the gun while trying to keep it running.
    https://youtu.be/l28cvwhEyuE

Sent it back to CMMG soon after, and will finally be getting it back on Friday.
    I'll let you know how it runs.

BTW, All my AK Mags run fine in My Sig 556R, SLR 107, Beater Parts Kit AK, Friends Guns, Etc..
    Topher DiMauro
    Guerrilla Armament, LLC.
    www.facebook.com/guerrillaarmament
    www.guerrilla-armament.com
    910.4378.7020 (Shop)
    topher@guerrilla-armament.com

So here is a thought...another contraversy. Specially when you look at the cost of these pseudo-kalashni-stoners. With the advent and availability of the 300 Blackout...which IMHO is a far better and more versatile (accurate, applicable to various missions, etc.) than the 7.62x39...why on earth would you buy a CMMG Mutant or any other like weapon?

The only thing I can fathom is that the buyer has a warehouse filled with magazines and combloc ammo and wants to shoot for cheap. I can understand that. But excluding that, anything a 7.62x39 can do, a 300 Blackout can do better.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

the price of the Mutant is high.
    "The integrity of the upright shall guide them: but the perverseness of transgressors shall destroy them." - Proverbs 11:3

“There comes a time when a moral man can’t obey a law which his conscience tells him is unjust.” – Martin Luther King

"The SIG XI Russian and PMAG 30 AK/AKM MOEs go together like baseball bats and baby seals'...-Gabe Suarez

"One man ...with God....makes a majority" -Gregg Jackson

It is a mutant, and as all mutations are prone to, it will die an early death.
    Take what you can. Give nothing back!

David McDaniel

North Carolina DOJ Handgun Instructor
    NRA Pistol Instructor & Range Safety Officer
    SI Close Range Gunfighting 1
    SI Extreme Close Range Gunfighting
    Private Instruction with Randy Harris

Quote Originally Posted by Custom-X_Sponjah View Post
    I took a MK47 off the rack here at the Shop, put an Aimpoint T1 Micro on it and changed the furniture the night before a Carbine Class back in Feb.
    1100 Rounds Through it. Lots of Failures.

This is a pic of Mags that wouldn't feed just from day one.
    Good info.

That is exactly why the 300 Blackout was developed for the AR platform - to do what the x39 does (plus the subsonic capability), but reliably in an AR.