Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 49
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    9,287
    I'll take shrugs for 405 Alex

    IMG_20171017_170032_593.jpg
    Last edited by Greg Nichols; 11-29-2018 at 12:43 PM.
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

    #thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

    Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

    http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...he-Obscenities

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    9,287
    Even if you let it go a little, go and get it back.

    IMG_20171117_175118_122.jpg
    Last edited by Greg Nichols; 11-29-2018 at 12:42 PM.
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

    #thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

    Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

    http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...he-Obscenities

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    9,287
    Sorry gang I kinda let this thread die when I started using Instagram. I'll get back on it.
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

    #thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

    Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

    http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...he-Obscenities

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    7,189
    You're an Instagram model too?
    Geek Warlord
    Dungeons & Dragons & Deadlifts

    Muscle Wizard Casts: Fist


    CRG-1 DPS
    CRG-2 CRG x 2
    SGF-1 Shotgun Gunfighting
    Trauma care under fire
    Spetsnaz Sniper
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction
    HRO-6 CQB: Fighting in Structures
    CRG-4 Force on Force
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction - 3 day
    TWOTU edition
    Trauma Medicine for the CCW Operator
    Pistol Ground Fighting (Taint Shooting Progressions)

    TWOTU since May 2015

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Palmer, Alaska
    Posts
    6,965
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorkface View Post
    You're an Instagram model too?
    Of course he is. How could he not be?

    I'm about to have to change up my current regimen, and I'm not very happy about it. For a few years now, I've been squarely focused on developing strength. I'm finally at the end of the novice stage. I've reached the limits of what my genetics will allow me to easily obtain. ("Easily" is subjective.) I'm now happy with my deadlifts and squats, and only marginally discontent with my pressing. But the thing I've enjoyed the most about strength training is all of the steak. This boy likes to eat, and particularly likes well-marbled cuts of beef. It has fueled me and allowed me to build muscle that eluded me as a younger man. But now I'm stronger than ever....and about 15 pounds overweight.

    I'm not the size of a Vickers, and I'm not about to do some stupid Youtube video, but I've begrudgingly come to the conclusion that I actually have to lose this fat. I went to an Orange Theory workout with my wife (she likes that crap), and it kicked my ass. The pitiful little weights they use are laughable, but that damned treadmill is relentless.

    So I'm shifting to a plan of muscle maintenance (doing just enough to not lose strength) combined with--gasp!--cardio. I forgot how much I hate running. And the prevailing wisdom is that you probably need to work on the thing you hate most. So I'm going to be running more and eating less. This is going to suck. How quickly can someone lose 15 pounds? Because once this spare tire is gone, I'm back to big plates and bigger steaks.
    Virtute et Armis

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    2,560
    Quote Originally Posted by LawDog View Post
    Of course he is. How could he not be?

    I'm about to have to change up my current regimen, and I'm not very happy about it. For a few years now, I've been squarely focused on developing strength. I'm finally at the end of the novice stage. I've reached the limits of what my genetics will allow me to easily obtain. ("Easily" is subjective.) I'm now happy with my deadlifts and squats, and only marginally discontent with my pressing. But the thing I've enjoyed the most about strength training is all of the steak. This boy likes to eat, and particularly likes well-marbled cuts of beef. It has fueled me and allowed me to build muscle that eluded me as a younger man. But now I'm stronger than ever....and about 15 pounds overweight.

    I'm not the size of a Vickers, and I'm not about to do some stupid Youtube video, but I've begrudgingly come to the conclusion that I actually have to lose this fat. I went to an Orange Theory workout with my wife (she likes that crap), and it kicked my ass. The pitiful little weights they use are laughable, but that damned treadmill is relentless.

    So I'm shifting to a plan of muscle maintenance (doing just enough to not lose strength) combined with--gasp!--cardio. I forgot how much I hate running. And the prevailing wisdom is that you probably need to work on the thing you hate most. So I'm going to be running more and eating less. This is going to suck. How quickly can someone lose 15 pounds? Because once this spare tire is gone, I'm back to big plates and bigger steaks.
    Honestly, I'd just do something like get the RP Strength (or similar) cutting template and keep training like normal. Cardio is overblown in terms of helping weight loss--if you're lifting and doing some semi-regular interval training, all you need is a little nutrition management. 6 weeks of meal prep is pretty easy.
    ===========================
    Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    3,007
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
    Cardio is overblown in terms of helping weight loss--if you're lifting and doing some semi-regular interval training, all you need is a little nutrition management. 6 weeks of meal prep is pretty easy.
    This. I run because I sometimes have to chase people, and also because it helps maintain bone density. But so does lifting. If you're sold on cardio, mix it up: running, including sprints; ERG; biking; swimming. But keep lifting.

    Remember, you can't run faster than even the slowest moose.
    Warrior for the working day.

    Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

    "...I ride the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer

    "Can I move?...I'm better when I move."

    1, 3, 15. And a wakeup.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    9,287
    I tend to workout at lunch so I fast until my post-workout shake so I'm basically on a 15 hr fast and then burning calories before I intake any.
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

    #thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

    Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

    http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...he-Obscenities

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    9,287
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa View Post
    This. I run because I sometimes have to chase people, and also because it helps maintain bone density. But so does lifting. If you're sold on cardio, mix it up: running, including sprints; ERG; biking; swimming. But keep lifting.

    Remember, you can't run faster than even the slowest moose.
    If you ever see me running, start running in the same direction because something terrible is chasing me.
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

    #thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

    Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

    http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...he-Obscenities

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    SWFL
    Posts
    694
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Nichols View Post
    If you ever see me running, start running in the same direction because something terrible is chasing me.
    COVERING FIRE!
    KRG-1: Kalashnikov Rifle Gunfighting
    HRO-5: Terrorist and Active Shooter Interdiction
    CRG-4: Force On Force Gunfighting
    CRG-5: Zero To Five Feet Gunfighting
    Red Dot Combat Pistol School
    HRO-6/HRO-7: CQB-Fighting in Structures/Team Tactics, Urban Warfare Weekend

    TWOTU since 2016

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •