Default Received A New Gang Unit

I just received my new gang unit and am extremely impressed with it. I have carried folders only because with various conceal carry fixed knives that I have tried, either the sheath had a tendancy to pop off my belt or they felt extremly uncomfortable over long periods of time. The sheath on this knife is very well made and the knife itself feels substantial in the hand. I have medium size hands and the handle on this knife fits very well like it's custom made. I looked at the spine on the gang unit and compared it to the spine on my Cold Steel Rajah II since that is my primary carry knife and found the thickness to be almost the same. The tip itself feels very durable and could be used for utility type of work as well (in my case for cutting open computer boxes)

In any event, this is a knife that is well worth the money and I think I see a Grab n Stab next on the horizon for me

Arvind

I love mine, never could get into my Grab and Stab. Nothing wrong with it, the Gang Unit just suits me better. I carry it appendix opposite side of my Glock where I can reach it with either hand. Enjoy!

Afsoccrna,

Do you carry your Gang Unit using the tek-lok that was included or do you use belt loop? I know that not too long ago there was a thread on different ways of carry for the gang unit. I will have to check that thread out. I do see that with the Gang Unit you can use various grips such as ice pick, saber, reverse etc.

Arvind

I bought a gns, and a gang Unit. The gns is great but the gang unit literally has not been left home a single time since I have had it. It's my favorite fixed blade that I own.

I love both. My GU has been now been utilized as a neck knife. It was easier this winter under sweatshirts and sweaters but I will make it work. I have multiple Emersons, 2 GnS's and the GU is the blade that if I need one is my GT. That blade unlike any other was clearly designed from real no shit experience. I've got all fashion of very expensive blades made by all the "experts"

This one was designed by a guy who knew WTF he needed to, when he needed to do it. IMHO

Just me,

Sam
    "The will to survive is not as important as the will to prevail...the answer to criminal aggression is retaliation" Lt. Col. Jeff Cooper

"When Your Time Comes To Die. Be Not Like Those Whose Hearts Are Filled With Fear Of Death. So When Their Time Comes They Weep And Pray For A Little More Time To Live Their Lives Over Again In A Different Way.
    SING YOUR DEATH SONG AND DIE LIKE A HERO GOING HOME" Tecumseh

[QUOTE=arvind;1720258]Afsoccrna,

Do you carry your Gang Unit using the tek-lok that was included or do you use belt loop? I know that not too long ago there was a thread on different ways of carry for the gang unit. I will have to check that thread out. I do see that with the Gang Unit you can use various grips such as ice pick, saber, reverse etc.

I use a loop of 550 cord strung through the belt loop. I like it because I can deploy it quickly and still easily adjust it when move from the car to the store etc..

I use a shock cord of 550. I really like my GU. Highly concealable. That little blade has been places that would make liberals wet themselves.

Glock45,

I definitely would love to see how you've managed that siince sometime in the near future I will be traveling to New York City from Wisconsin and while here I can conceal carry with no problem, NYC would be totally different and I would not exactly feel comfortable without either the GU or my primary carry right now my Rajah 2. Btw with the 550 cord, I think I saw a pic of Gabe carrying a GNS with a loop of paracord. Is your GU setup similar to his?

Arvind

Arvind

Quote Originally Posted by arvind View Post
    Glock45,

I definitely would love to see how you've managed that siince sometime in the near future I will be traveling to New York City from Wisconsin and while here I can conceal carry with no problem, NYC would be totally different and I would not exactly feel comfortable without either the GU or my primary carry right now my Rajah 2. Btw with the 550 cord, I think I saw a pic of Gabe carrying a GNS with a loop of paracord. Is your GU setup similar to his?

Arvind

Arvind
    I haven't seen Gabe's setup, but mine is the way I've seen most people use 550 cord. It looks like this.
    20150422_203004.jpg

So looped around the belt and back through itself it'll like this underneath you're shirt. I highly recommend an undershirt to keep the rough handle from tearing your skin up.
    20150422_202918.jpg

So with your shirt untucked it'll look this. Practically invisible.
    20150422_202932.jpg

And I apologize for the crappy cell phone selfies.