Page 74 of 131 FirstFirst ... 2464697071727374757677787984124 ... LastLast
    New Standards for English bulldogs from 2009. It does not look like these standards have taken root very deeply. Certainly not in the USA. The original bulldog is not so different from some pitbulls.

One who hammers his gun into a plow plows for those who do not....Unknown
    ...at the end of the day its not about anything else but YOU AND YOURS..... Gabe Suarez
    ....WANT not NEED is what America is all about. ..... Gabe Suarez
    Its not about how fast you can load, but about how well you can shoot ..... Someone being saved by a speed load is not something that has happened with any regularity. Gabe Suarez

The original Handsome Dan mascot of Yale University's

Handsome Dan, bought by Yale tackle Andrew Graves from a local blacksmith in 1889
    ...at the end of the day its not about anything else but YOU AND YOURS..... Gabe Suarez
    Its not about how fast you can load, but about how well you can shoot ..... Someone being saved by a speed load is not something that has happened with any regularity. Gabe Suarez

I notice he's got jowls. Doesn't look at all impaired to me.

Maybe those Brits need to get out more. Or lift heavy things.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I ride the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer

"What cannot be remedied must be endured."

278. And a wakeup.

Handsome Dan today
    Handsome Dan XVII has big paws and a sizeable head covered with soft, short white fur. Weighing 65 lbs., this brindle and white English bulldog was recruited from Johnson City, Tennessee, in 2007 at 6 months old to be Yale’s mascot.

Quote Originally Posted by barnetmill View Post
    The original Handsome Dan mascot of Yale University's

Handsome Dan, bought by Yale tackle Andrew Graves from a local blacksmith in 1889

Poor Handsome Dan. Almost a century and a half of breeding yields a 65 pound gerbil.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I ride the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer

"What cannot be remedied must be endured."

278. And a wakeup.

Found the girls a dog. We pick her up next week. This dog was a pup from the breeder they kept to breed. As it turns out she's infertile. She's a olde english bulldog, under 2 years old super lovable and we all fell in love with her. We're actually heading to Disney world this next week and the girls will tell you they are more excited about getting "lucy" than they are going to Disney.

20170916_165803.jpg
    Be alert, stand firm in the faith, act like a man, be strong. Your every action must be done with love.

“Adversity introduces a man to himself.”

Quote Originally Posted by psalms23dad View Post
    Found the girls a dog. We pick her up next week. This dog was a pup from the breeder they kept to breed. As it turns out she's infertile. She's a olde english bulldog, under 2 years old super lovable and we all fell in love with her. We're actually heading to Disney world this next week and the girls will tell you they are more excited about getting "lucy" than they are going to Disney.

20170916_165803.jpg
    that breed is usually healthy. It is a recently created breed and originated as a cross between white english dogs of the southern united states and english bulldog. I do not know what other breeders have done to them since. It is now by its developer Mr. Leavitt called the Leavitt bulldog. Other breeders have worked with it and they have stayed with the name olde english bulldog and even concocted a story of it being the recreation of the original baiting bulldog used in England.
    Leavitt says this is how it was recreated:
    The founding stock of the Olde English Bulldogge in 1971 purportedly consisted of 1/2 English Bulldog, 1/6 American Bulldog, 1/6 American Pit Bull Terrier and 1/6 Bullmastiff.[7]
    In 1971 i am not even sure if Alan Scott and JD Johnston had any american bulldog stock available. These two men were the original creators for most of the American Bulldog lines out there now days and also using white english foundation stock mixed other breeds for the american bulldog development.
    The diagram of a perfect Leavitt bulldog below does not look like the original baiting bulldogs used in 1820. But it really does not matter and assuming the particular breeder has not done something stupid should be a fine family. Main thing with some badly bred bully breeds can be the male seeking dominance over the human male of the house hold.
    Last edited by barnetmill; 10-13-2017 at 06:23 PM.

That's interesting. I obviously am not that familiar with dogs. I couldn't tell you how this particular breeder has put their own spin on the breed. Here are a few pics of some of their other dogs. From an untrained eye it looks like they kinda have a variety.

bosco1new.jpg

FB_IMG_1507947997369.jpg

babyfacetux2015_small.jpg

FB_IMG_1507948045285.jpg
    Be alert, stand firm in the faith, act like a man, be strong. Your every action must be done with love.

“Adversity introduces a man to himself.”

Quote Originally Posted by psalms23dad View Post
    That's interesting. I obviously am not that familiar with dogs. I couldn't tell you how this particular breeder has put their own spin on the breed. Here are a few pics of some of their other dogs. From an untrained eye it looks like they kinda have a variety.

bosco1new.jpg

FB_IMG_1507947997369.jpg

babyfacetux2015_small.jpg

FB_IMG_1507948045285.jpg
    I am not a breeder, but my assumption is that they been doing a bit of cross breeding, but then I am not breeding olde english bulldogges and maybe that variation is normal.

With a pup you have to wait to see what it is like. You have a two yr old female and by now you know her behavior and it seems your family likes what you got and that is the important thing.

I

This today on Craigslist:

I have a beautiful Siberian Husky who, while we were on vacation, got pregnant by a German Rottweiler. It was not planned, I am not a breeder nor do I want to be. However I find myself caring for 6 beautiful healthy pups.
    Oops.