Page 122 of 131 FirstFirst ... 2272112117118119120121122123124125126127 ... LastLast
Results 1,211 to 1,220 of 1301
    One who hammers his gun into a plow plows for those who do not....Unknown
    ...at the end of the day its not about anything else but YOU AND YOURS..... Gabe Suarez
    ....WANT not NEED is what America is all about. ..... Gabe Suarez
    Its not about how fast you can load, but about how well you can shoot ..... Someone being saved by a speed load is not something that has happened with any regularity. Gabe Suarez

Link to: The impact of exercise on puppy growth plates

https://www.dailydogdiscoveries.com/...growth-plates/
    ...at the end of the day its not about anything else but YOU AND YOURS..... Gabe Suarez
    Its not about how fast you can load, but about how well you can shoot ..... Someone being saved by a speed load is not something that has happened with any regularity. Gabe Suarez

Quote Originally Posted by barnetmill View Post

Vet told me to wait a year before running with my now-110 lb GSD. Might have been a little soon, but it probably accounts for the thickness of his leg bones, tendons and muscle.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I ride the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer

"What cannot be remedied must be endured."

279. And a wakeup.

Sorry for your loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa View Post
    I expected him to die in a howling rage, fighting a coyote or bobcat, selling his life dearly.

Instead he lay down quietly on the carpet in the warm sun, stretched his legs straight out, and went to sleep, sometime between 1030 and 1400 hrs on 6.29.19. He was somewhere around 13 years old.

He was not a dog, but he thought so. He was a gentleman killer. And evidence of his last kill lay around him.

Some here knew him. He was friendly, feral and--filthy.

Goodbye, Joe. Our lives are richer for having known you.

Attachment 58042

R.I.P. JOE
    The government selectively enforces laws, so I selectively follow them.

RGF-3: December 2014
    CRG-1: March 2015
    CRG-2: June 2015
    CRG-2: June 2016
    PGF : January 2017
    0-5 Feet: October 2018

Thanks. He was a character. I still look for him in the garage or the tall grass. And sometimes---nah, couldn't be.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I ride the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer

"What cannot be remedied must be endured."

279. And a wakeup.

Me & Mom unfortunately had to leave our cat, Ozzie behind when we moved into our apartment. Our neighbor at the time asked if he and his twin little girls could take Oz into their home. We decided to afford him the chance to live with a loving family rather than putting him to sleep.

I think of him often, especially first thing in the morning when he made a big deal out of greeting me, as if he has`nt seen me in years. I still also catch myself wanting to safe a piece of food of my plate for him or wanting to react, opening a door/window if I hear a cat calling.

But just like you the thing I mist the most is simply having Oz around, rubbing against a foot/leg or catching me with his tail every time he enters/leaves the room.

OSSU!
    Elfie
    HALFMAN HALFCAR

Quote Originally Posted by barnetmill View Post

I think the issue is that people over do it. Moderate exercise is good for puppies and builds strong muscles and leg bones. And lots of free play. BUT they don't need long strenuous runs. When I was breeding, I used to take my puppies on increasingly longer walks with Gramps before I would let them run with the pack. (my older dog, he kept the pups in line and helped them bind to the pack.) Also I am not a fan of running puppies on concrete. I can't prove it, but I think this does as much damage as anything.

Quote Originally Posted by jesmith View Post
    I think the issue is that people over do it. Moderate exercise is good for puppies and builds strong muscles and leg bones. And lots of free play. BUT they don't need long strenuous runs. When I was breeding, I used to take my puppies on increasingly longer walks with Gramps before I would let them run with the pack. (my older dog, he kept the pups in line and helped them bind to the pack.) Also I am not a fan of running puppies on concrete. I can't prove it, but I think this does as much damage as anything.
    There are people that do train their dogs very hard. My dogs are just let loose in some fenced acreage and simply allowed to do what they want and to grow up 'naturally'.
    in humans it used to be in little league there were limits relative to young boys pitching and hurting their elbows to relative age. The issue was damage to growth areas in the elbows.

Jag terriers and Harris hawks going after squirrels.