Page 120 of 133 FirstFirst ... 2070110115116117118119120121122123124125130 ... LastLast
Results 1,191 to 1,200 of 1326
    I remember all the cats my grandma had around her place. The dogs (hunting dogs - black and tan coon hound, squirrel dog/fiest mix and a springer spaniel mix) all "knew" grandma's cats and they were perfectly safe. If a "stray" cat made the mistake of coming inside the fence it was dealt with quickly and usually dad would take what was left and carry it off to the woods in a paper bag for the coons/possums to dine on. As a kid I was amazed that the dogs seemed to know the difference.

On their ground, nothing was allowed inside the fence that didn't "belong." Over the years, as younger dogs came into the "family" they learned the rules from the older dogs before the older dogs passed away. Beavers, ground hogs, possums, cats, etc. made that last mistake over the years. They probably couldn't have killed the bears but the bears would haul ass across the creek and over the fence (came in at night to eat apples along the creek) when dad would let the dogs out of their houses in the morning.

Dogs can be downright amazing in their loyalty, protection instincts, actions.

I expected him to die in a howling rage, fighting a coyote or bobcat, selling his life dearly.

Instead he lay down quietly on the carpet in the warm sun, stretched his legs straight out, and went to sleep, sometime between 1030 and 1400 hrs on 6.29.19. He was somewhere around 13 years old.

He was not a dog, but he thought so. He was a gentleman killer. And evidence of his last kill lay around him.

Some here knew him. He was friendly, feral and--filthy.

Goodbye, Joe. Our lives are richer for having known you.

joe.jpg

R.I.P. JOE
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I ride the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer

"What cannot be remedied must be endured."

183. And a wakeup.

Shit, Man, so sorry to hear that. Always to tough to loose one, especially a good one.
    I always have my primary weapon; it's right between my ears.

These look like the dogs SI would sell if it was in that business
    One who hammers his gun into a plow plows for those who do not....Unknown
    ...at the end of the day its not about anything else but YOU AND YOURS..... Gabe Suarez
    ....WANT not NEED is what America is all about. ..... Gabe Suarez
    Its not about how fast you can load, but about how well you can shoot ..... Someone being saved by a speed load is not something that has happened with any regularity. Gabe Suarez

An old time red bulldog
    In Florida and other parts of the deep south I never let my dogs be around water due to the gators. Big gators love dogs. In fact it is potentially dangerous for little kids also.

66228582_745475385855484_4686361609780592640_oRED Bull dog.jpg
    ...at the end of the day its not about anything else but YOU AND YOURS..... Gabe Suarez
    Its not about how fast you can load, but about how well you can shoot ..... Someone being saved by a speed load is not something that has happened with any regularity. Gabe Suarez

The Allman Brothers Band with their white english dog posted by a relative of Dickey Betts.
    Picture I believe is from Georgia
    The ABB with their CWE pup from my granddaddy Horne, who was Dickey’s uncle.
    The Allman Brothers Band was an American rock band formed in Macon, Georgia, in 1969 by brothers Duane Allman (founder, slide guitar and lead guitar) and Gregg Allman (vocals, keyboards, songwriting), as well as Dickey Betts (lead guitar, vocals, songwriting), Berry Oakley (bass guitar), Butch Trucks (drums), and Jai ...
    65943704_10214720440633230_6297822674835996672_n Allman Brothers Georgia.jpg

Another of Dickey visiting ken folk with his dog.
    13620918_10206723638638178_3241065529773133884_n.jpg
    Last edited by barnetmill; 07-07-2019 at 05:12 PM.

Belgian Malinois - Trigger
    Picture is during his first trip to the precinct.

received_280207442859369.jpg

how coyotes kill
    how coyotes kill.png
    Good coyotes
    good coyotes.png

Coyote snack

coyote snack.png

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick K View Post
    Belgian Malinois - Trigger
    Picture is during his first trip to the precinct.

received_280207442859369.jpg
    Good boy!

P.S.: Exposed wires, worn linoleum, beatup rolling office chair. All you're missing is the torn carpet and last shift's food wrappers.
    Last edited by Papa; 07-09-2019 at 09:05 AM.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I ride the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer

"What cannot be remedied must be endured."

183. And a wakeup.

The dogs now have something new to guard, catawba worms.

DSCF1865.jpg