Page 66 of 147 FirstFirst ... 1656616263646566676869707176116 ... LastLast
    And beauty is in the eye of the beholder, so I am just a guy who likes your thread and bulldogs in general. We have a boxer for the record, perfect for my 9 year old boys and barks a good game but I doubt would actually bite anyone. That blue Merle color is just ugly to me. I dig pie bald and actually like liver nose and/or gold eyes. Keep posting, I really like your contributions and you probably have times when you think no one is reading this. I killed my first hog on property that borders Elgin AFB and the guy that took us had a catchdog he called a pit but it was the size of a Rottweiler, solid white, and had an undershot jaw. Sounds white English, no?

Quote Originally Posted by twinboysdad View Post
    I know hog hunters are performance over paint but that catahoula cross is one ugly dog. Reminds me of an Australian Shepherd I had that I gave back to the breeder!
    That's traditional coloring seen on a Leopard Dog, AKA Catahoula, but they can come in any color (not pure white or black AFAIK; black/tan, yes). (Hey, I just spilled cocoa on myself, drinking while typing, so now I got some splotches too!)

Quote Originally Posted by twinboysdad View Post
    And beauty is in the eye of the beholder, so I am just a guy who likes your thread and bulldogs in general. We have a boxer for the record, perfect for my 9 year old boys and barks a good game but I doubt would actually bite anyone. That blue Merle color is just ugly to me. I dig pie bald and actually like liver nose and/or gold eyes. Keep posting, I really like your contributions and you probably have times when you think no one is reading this. I killed my first hog on property that borders Elgin AFB and the guy that took us had a catchdog he called a pit but it was the size of a Rottweiler, solid white, and had an undershot jaw. Sounds white English, no?
    Elgin is not far me since I am between Milton and Pensacola. The large dog you mention might be OSW (Old Southern White). This is where the arguments start. The way my group defines a OSW is a dog with White English crossed with usually american bulldog or even pit. Some people with large white hog dogs use the dogo Argentino dogs in their crosses. They are also white. a real pit with some exceptions should not be much over 60 lbs without something else mixed in. I gave a WE pup to a hog hunter that breeds hinds bulldogs down on the Rio Grande in Texas that he wants to mix into his blood line. It was the most active and feisty of the pups.
    I really am not too hung up on colors and their importance depends on the breed. I do notice at night that all white dogs are highly visible which is both good and bad. Bad in that a bad guy may more easily shoot them and good in that the owner can tell where the dog is. Our group likes to see little red pigment on the head or elsewhere on the WE dogs since they are less likely by have blue eyes and be deaf. The skin is also healthier.
    Most of what I post are from people that know a lot more than me and I simply passing on what I learn from these people. Below is from a fellow that owns WE and American Bulldogs that sometimes interbreed when he is not careful.
    Osw Guiness and his Ow. uncle, Sully..

They look like they're just waiting for a hug! (Or a bad guy!!!)
    I always have my primary weapon; it's right between my ears.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob F. View Post
    They look like they're just waiting for a hug! (Or a bad guy!!!)
    Yeah, I was about to post "My God they look happy!" Lucky pups.

Quote Originally Posted by blastjv View Post
    Here is our girl Rosie back in her prime. We had to put her down last year (lung cancer). Hardest thing I've ever done. And here, too, is Aggie the pup who we just adopted a couple of weeks ago. She's a sweetie, too.
    Beautiful pits man

Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk

Default canine perverts lol

Lol. My cane corso does this (Female humps) to my mini schnauzer
    After her heat cycles are finished. He returns the favor

Default Protection dogs versus attacking

Protection dogs versus attacking
    J D Johnson, originator of the American Bulldog "Well, I've said it before my dogs are naturally protective, a true Bulldog is protective; they love their people and will even make a fuss over a stranger but they will defend you. But there is a difference between protection and attacking. If you don't teach these dogs right, you will create a man killer. The Bulldog has always been the most courageous dog in the world. It was developed to work automatically, to think on its own in a fight."

M.S.: my dogs, for the most part , have not been very territorial, but if they perceived a threat to their "owner" would, in a split second, become the guardian...... An interesting, true story I want to relate for your opinion. In Ga. at the present time is an "off the grid" big WE (White English) male. A neighbor who occasionally walks down the road he lives on and knew this dog only in passing, and not personally, was passing by a couple years back. One day the man, was assaulted by a stranger in the street just when passing in front of this dogs house. The WE came running out to the rescue and fought off the attacker. The victim, not knowing his real name, nick named the dog "Buddy":) And still refers to him as such.

WHW: Exactly as I expect of them. The guy walking has become part of the dogs 'keep' or 'charge', to protect. Great story!

AHJ, Owner of dog, Mother of little girl: Ahhhhh I love this photo;) they are two peas in a pod;)

Here is my vicious protector/pathetic barker of air drafts.
    20170408_221912.jpg
    KRG-1: Kalashnikov Rifle Gunfighting
    HRO-5: Terrorist and Active Shooter Interdiction
    CRG-4: Force On Force Gunfighting
    CRG-5: Zero To Five Feet Gunfighting
    Red Dot Combat Pistol School
    HRO-6/HRO-7: CQB-Fighting in Structures/Team Tactics, Urban Warfare Weekend
    Pistol Ground Fighting

TWOTU since 2016