Page 75 of 75 FirstFirst ... 2565707172737475
    A guard dog is on the mend Sunday after heroically protecting eight rescue goats and several small deer from the wildfires raging through California's Sonoma County.
    Roland Hendel said he thought he'd never see Odin, a Great Pyrenees, ever again. He packed the car and escaped with his family as the ferocious wildfires were advancing on his home near Calistoga early last week.
    “Despite the sounds of exploding propane tanks, twisting metal, and the hot swirling winds, Odin refused to leave our family of eight bottle-fed rescue goats," Hendel said. “Hours later when we had found relative safety we cried for Odin and our goats. I was sure I had sentenced them to a horrific and agonizing death.”

Oh Blessed Be. They are back. All of them. Safe and sound. Even silly little Tinkerbell. Odin always made sure she didn’t fall too far behind. They must have just gone to find us. Mercy. Evac team is on its way.

Tears. So many tears. ❤️😢😖
    More pictures at http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/10/15...-property.html
    One who hammers his gun into a plow plows for those who do not....Unknown
    ...at the end of the day its not about anything else but YOU AND YOURS..... Gabe Suarez
    ....WANT not NEED is what America is all about. ..... Gabe Suarez
    Its not about how fast you can load, but about how well you can shoot ..... Someone being saved by a speed load is not something that has happened with any regularity. Gabe Suarez

The ultimate warrior dogs Patterdale and Jarg terriers.
    ...at the end of the day its not about anything else but YOU AND YOURS..... Gabe Suarez
    Its not about how fast you can load, but about how well you can shoot ..... Someone being saved by a speed load is not something that has happened with any regularity. Gabe Suarez

no legend except the painters name Abraham Hondius. So I will give it one. Dog boy with his lordship's hounds. Dogs include terriers, bird dogs, sight hounds, mastiffs and likely others.22491626_10210417415380288_4040409471976230695_n.jpg
    Last edited by barnetmill; 10-16-2017 at 04:45 PM.

Here's to brave Odin! (Hoists glass)
    I always have my primary weapon; it's right between my ears.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob F. View Post
    Here's to brave Odin! (Hoists glass)
    That is exactly what Odin, a Great Pyrenees that is also a Shepherds mastiff is supposed to do. It is really good to see a breed preforming like it is supposed to. So many breeders turn out poor dogs, not so in the case of Odin.