Page 115 of 115 FirstFirst ... 1565105110111112113114115
Results 1,141 to 1,142 of 1142
    Quote Originally Posted by barnetmill View Post
    Looks more to me like some sort of cur dog. There are many cur dog types about besides the black mouth. The Black mouth is only one of the many curs. Perhaps someone else has an idea. Plotts while often black do come in other colors and cur dogs were in the past bred only for work and not looks. So I think it is hard to say and could be the artist was just painting a general dog that a hunter might have with him.
    I always thought of Plotts as brindle? My buddy and I have always gotten a laugh as here in AL in the classified ads I once saw “black mouth cur pups $50 or will trade for SKS or fighting roosters”.

Quote Originally Posted by twinboysdad View Post
    I always thought of Plotts as brindle? My buddy and I have always gotten a laugh as here in AL in the classified ads I once saw “black mouth cur pups $50 or will trade for SKS or fighting roosters”.
    Plott hound in black color and as you say plotts do also come in brindle. Many of what are called plott hounds are often crossed with bulldog or pit too which does not help in describing the breed.
    One who hammers his gun into a plow plows for those who do not....Unknown
    ...at the end of the day its not about anything else but YOU AND YOURS..... Gabe Suarez
    ....WANT not NEED is what America is all about. ..... Gabe Suarez
    Its not about how fast you can load, but about how well you can shoot ..... Someone being saved by a speed load is not something that has happened with any regularity. Gabe Suarez