Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Harassment Response

Wasn't sure which other forum this thread belonged in, so here it goes. Guy in the building across the parking lot from my and the wife's apartment sits outside sometimes. No big deal, except that he keeps whistling at her, staring at her, and then the other day, hollered, "Hey!" and tried to approach her, when she was getting in her car to head back to work after lunch. Didn't get to her before she had backed out but was plainly trying to.

What's the point at which folks here would contact local police to get them to respond? Or is some other report helpful to file? Got a pic of the guy (I came home at lunch yesterday to watch, saw the guy, snapped a shot of him, but didn't say anything to him myself because I wasn't quite sure—really probably should have, looking back on it), and address, but no name. Not sure how much local PD would do with that anyway. I did notify the apartment complex management.

Needless to say, this has freaked her out. I'm at school all day but can get back very quickly if need be. Only thing she's really willing to carry is a taser (going to work her up to carrying a blade—it'll be a bit before she feels comfortable with a pea shooter). Throat punches are helpful, if called for, but I'd also rather avert that necessity, willing though I would be to "put a hurtin' on him," as they say in the South, if he attempted to touch her or something.

Does he know she's married?
    Be alert, stand firm in the faith, act like a man, be strong. Your every action must be done with love.

“Adversity introduces a man to himself.”

A face full of Fox Laba pepper spray will melt his eyeballs.
    I carry two kinds of trauma kits. One for fixing it and one for causing it.

Quote Originally Posted by psalms23dad View Post
    Does he know she's married?
    Don't know. Seems like he mostly watches her from a distance, excepting his attempt at approaching her the other day. If he pays much attention, though, he's gotta notice my movements (which might be why he makes his moves around lunchtime: I'm not there).

Hasher, good suggestion on the pepper spray. I'll order some, when I get home. That I think she would carry, and I'm more confident of that thing's effect than her stun gun thing.

Encourage her to call it in as a suspicious/stalking.

Build a record for when, not if, you have to act.

Or she does.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I rode the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer (as modified)

"What cannot be remedied must be endured."

Vale et omnia quae.

P:20

I am going to refrain from commenting as my bellicose answer would likely not be appreciated in our modern domesticated age.

I recall a question in class once from a student. He wanted to know what he should do if a man grabbed his wife's ass while he was with her. I answered that he should knock the man's teeth out of his mouth without delay. "But then I will be arrested", he protested. My reply was simple again..."Maybe...maybe not. But if so, so what. It will cost you a little but it will be well worth it...not only for your self image as a man, your image to your wife, and as a lesson to the man who not only disrespected her...but you as well".

Nothing is free. In fact, I recall from Heinlein -

“The price of freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness.”

There it is. If you allow that to happen unanswered, you will always regret that moment.

I shall now return to my cave.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

You know what I would do..... If you have to ask, maybe police report is a better idea...
    Nothing says Fuck You like a shotgun.....

Honestly he really hasn’t done anything wrong yet, other then make you both uncomfortable.... Tell your old lady to tell him to “fuck off or me and my husband are both going to put you in the hospital”...

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    I am going to refrain from commenting as my bellicose answer would likely not be appreciated in our modern domesticated age.
    Especially in a day and age when seeing people in masks is 1000% normal.

"Witnesses describe seeing a person dressed in all black, black hat, sunglasses a face mask"... etcetera etcetera
    Geek Warlord
    Dungeons & Dragons & Deadlifts

Muscle Wizard Casts: Fist

CRG-1 DPS
    CRG-2 CRG x 2
    SGF-1 Shotgun Gunfighting
    Trauma care under fire
    Spetsnaz Sniper
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction
    HRO-6 CQB: Fighting in Structures
    CRG-4 Force on Force
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction - 3 day
    TWOTU edition
    Trauma Medicine for the CCW Operator
    Pistol Ground Fighting (Taint Shooting Progressions)

TWOTU since May 2015

He’s outside in the same spot all the time, use your imagination .... Its starting to get dark early these days....