Page 110 of 113 FirstFirst ... 1060100105106107108109110111112113 LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 1127
    One who hammers his gun into a plow plows for those who do not....Unknown
    ...at the end of the day its not about anything else but YOU AND YOURS..... Gabe Suarez
    ....WANT not NEED is what America is all about. ..... Gabe Suarez
    Its not about how fast you can load, but about how well you can shoot ..... Someone being saved by a speed load is not something that has happened with any regularity. Gabe Suarez

Cletus has never liked a dog house and will only go in it in unless temps get really cold or if it rains really hard. He knows he can’t watch the property in there and stands guard regularly in the rain. We put an old dog bed in there trying to get him to go in it more often since we’ve been getting so much rain. This is what I found this morning. 🤣😂🤣😂 Smart boy!
    ...at the end of the day its not about anything else but YOU AND YOURS..... Gabe Suarez
    Its not about how fast you can load, but about how well you can shoot ..... Someone being saved by a speed load is not something that has happened with any regularity. Gabe Suarez

From the Osprey Men at Arms - The Conquistadores book.

Link: Los perros en la Conquista de América

Los perros españoles fueron utilizados por primera vez contra los indígenas al año siguiente de su llegada a América, en la isla de la Española.

https://iberoamericasocial.com/perro...iTCkuI0bSHuw-0

En esta entrada vamos a hablar sobre la utilización de perros por parte de los castellanos en la conquista de América y la importancia que estos tuvieron debido al miedo que infundían a los indígenas, los cuales no habían conocido nunca ese tipo de animal.
    Hay que señalar que en América existían tres tipos diferentes de perros antes de la llegada de los españoles, a diferencia de los caballos, que si eran totalmente desconocidos en aquellas tierras. Existía el perro de las tierras árticas o esquimal, procedente de las costas de Asia, el perro de las praderas y finalmente los perros mudos o gozques que con frecuencia mencionan los cronistas españoles en el Caribe, México o Perú .Eran de pequeño tamaño e inofensivos y ni siquiera tenían la capacidad de ladrar.
    Eran todos estos perros, aquí en esta e las otras islas, mudos, e aunque los apaleasen ni los matasen, no sabían ladrar; algunos gañen o gimen bajo cuando les hacen mal. Gonzalo Fernández de Oviedo.

Pvt. Samuel L. Leffler, Company E, 25th Missouri Infantry. He was wounded at the Battle of Shiloh and later at the Battle of Corinth, Mississippi. He became of member of the 1st Missouri Engineers later in the war. Members of the 25th were involved in the morning patrol that started the Battle of Shiloh in Fraley field.

https://www.facebook.com/pg/Battle-o...32124947307637
    Federal soldiers killed, wounded, POW, and missing at Shiloh

Giving pills to a big headed stubborn bulldog.

My 92 lbs OWE (Old White English) Memphis has a recurring infection in a toe. I talked to the vet and we plan to fix it one way or the other. First order of treatment is to put her on antibiotics for 21 days with small pills that require 3 and 3 pills, 12 hours apart. One really needs three hands and Memphis keeps figuring out ways not to take those pills. It used to be a I could use pill pockets followed with a bacon chaser to make sure she swallowed it. Now she will not eat a pill pocket or even has some disdain for bacon.
    What I figured out this morning with a long pill pusher with one leg over her to pin her while sitting on the bathtub edge, with both hands, pry open her jaws just a pinch, with one hand holding her upper lips over her teeth, with the other thrust the pill pusher the full 6 inches into her mouth. One has to go center line since trick is to catch the pill with tongue push it to side of the jaws. Then, Hold her mouth shut and push a piece of mackerel between her front teeth. Still likes fish.

Oh I also cut rations so she is hungry. i probably could use a longer pill pusher also.
    The all white one is Memphis.

Some one else suggested
    I always put it in cheese

Coconut butter or oil.
    Last edited by Papa; 01-13-2019 at 08:07 PM.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I ride the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer

"Can I move?...I'm better when I move."

1, 8, 10. And a wakeup.

Male Abruzzo shepherd dog chasing female wolf.
    Riserva della Duchessa (Italy)

https://www.wwf.it/news/notizie/?367...MYYNegHee_9nw4

Our Heeler likes peanut butter. A little piece of bread, peanut butter and hide the pills inside. Gone in a gulp.

Quote Originally Posted by barnetmill View Post
    Male Abruzzo shepherd dog chasing female wolf.
    Riserva della Duchessa (Italy)

https://www.wwf.it/news/notizie/?367...MYYNegHee_9nw4

So, is he being toxic?
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I ride the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer

"Can I move?...I'm better when I move."

1, 8, 10. And a wakeup.