Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default EDC/Active Shooter Bag Picture Thread

I have not seen any picture threads of our EDC/Active shooter bag setups so let's get one started! The goal of this thread is to share what you use in your bag, why, a few pictures of your setup, and your thoughts. This is catered more towards bags that can be carried publicly (such as the sneaky bags s.u.b. etc.). So whether you use your bag for daily life, a dedicated active shooter situation, centered around the pistol platform or the rifle, etc. Let's see your setup and what works for you!
    * "NO Reserves, NO Retreats, NO Regrets"
    -William Borden

*Faith, Firearms, and Fitness

I will go ahead and start off. Currently I use the Maxpedition Fatboy Versipack on a daily basis and love it! I use it to carry camera equipment, tools, gear, and other items I frequently use on a daily basis. I use it for my work bag as well as when I am driving around town mainly. It excels at keeping all of my gear organized so I can pull out exactly what I want without having to look or rummage around the bag. Overall though it is a bag that can function great in the EDC role but as an active shooter bag as well as flexibility it does not have much to offer.
    Cons:
    -cannot be modified with different accessories/molle attachments to outfit to your role
    -Prints
    -It keeps a fairly low profile and I have yet to have any "looks" or questions but it prints more than I would like it to. Slap on some morale patches and you will start to stick out a bit more.
    -Area for CC is a bit too tight for my liking

As much as I love this bag expect to see another post when I switch over to the sneaky bag. :)
    -William Borden

Doc, I used to carry the Condor version of your bag. I currently carry an older version Sneaky Bag SUB small:

I have the main compartment set up for a pistol, G17 mag, two happy sticks, an extra Zach and about 20' of paracord:

I use the dump pouch to carry my BOK- CAT Slick TQ, Israeli bandage, couple packs of Quik-Clot and some surgical gloves:

... and the Admin pouch to carry an extra flashlight, extra knife and a small multi-tool:

I usually only have a Glock in the bag as a back-up to the EDC Glock I have on my person, or when at home w/ a 442 in my pocket. Most of the time, when out and about conducting normal day-to-day business, the pistol slot is empty.
    Waitin' for a squeeze...

TWOTU Since March 2012

DPS
    CRG
    AR15/M4 RGF
    HRO-6 CQB
    HRO-7 Team Tactics
    HITS-8 Knife

Ianative, I like it. Looks like it would blend in well and has plenty of firepower and all necessities.
    I still use tib but wouldn't mind something more "grey."
    TWOTU since 2012
    DPS
    PSP
    KRG
    M4 rifle gunfighting
    glock armorer

Quote Originally Posted by back2basics View Post
    Ianative, I like it. Looks like it would blend in well and has plenty of firepower and all necessities.
    I still use tib but wouldn't mind something more "grey."
    Hey, bro, missing those Iowa winters yet? I keep a TIB set up in similar fashion, albeit w/ AR mags, for when the M4 PDW is part of the load out. The TIB has enough space to throw a Glock and some mags if I need to do everything from one bag.
    Waitin' for a squeeze...

TWOTU Since March 2012

DPS
    CRG
    AR15/M4 RGF
    HRO-6 CQB
    HRO-7 Team Tactics
    HITS-8 Knife

Mine is an older version in green with a G19.
    That para cord is an idea to think on.
    “Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go” (Joshua 1:9).

"Victory in war does not depend upon the size of the army, but on the strength that comes from heaven" (1 Maccabees 3:19)

Do you mean every day carry like if you're going to the hardware store you throw them over the shoulder on the way in?
    Geek Warlord
    Dungeons & Dragons & Deadlifts

CRG-1 DPS
    CRG-2 CRG x 2
    SGF-1 Shotgun Gunfighting
    Trauma care under fire
    Spetsnaz Sniper
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction
    HRO-6 CQB: Fighting in Structures
    CRG-4 Force on Force
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction - 3 day
    TWOTU edition
    Trauma Medicine for the CCW Operator

TWOTU since May 2015

Quote Originally Posted by IANative View Post
    Hey, bro, missing those Iowa winters yet? I keep a TIB set up in similar fashion, albeit w/ AR mags, for when the M4 PDW is part of the load out. The TIB has enough space to throw a Glock and some mags if I need to do everything from one bag.
    I do. I love the Midwest and keep chipping away at the wife. If the new business works for the best I will at least get a peice of land up that way and slowly turn it into a waterfowl/whitetail heaven. Hope you are doing well. Miss eating steaks and shooting guns with you guys.
    TWOTU since 2012
    DPS
    PSP
    KRG
    M4 rifle gunfighting
    glock armorer

Yes, but also if you use it as a car bag, etc. Anything from setup to go to a gunfight or a setup with nothing but civilian gear.
    -William Borden

This is great thread!! I have a TIB with AR mags in the main compartment, and pistol mags in the side compartment, and that's it. I look forward to seeing what others are doing, I know there is a lot to learn.