Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa View Post
    SGAmmo has 210 grain .45 Hydrashok right now at $1.80 a round.
    I’m running hydroshock, mainly because I wanted to try it out.... It’s seems to work out of my 1911s and my glock....
    Nothing says Fuck You like a shotgun.....

Last year I found a deal on HST that was buy one/get one, 50-round boxes. I bought...a bunch. I feel like a genius now. I have enough carry ammo that I'll be able to go a long time without running out, even after shooting a lot of it through various guns and mags to ensure function and accuracy. I can even use more as range ammo and not feel bad about it.

Still wish I had bought more.
    ===========================
    Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
    Last year I found a deal on HST that was buy one/get one, 50-round boxes. I bought...a bunch. I feel like a genius now. I have enough carry ammo that I'll be able to go a long time without running out, even after shooting a lot of it through various guns and mags to ensure function and accuracy. I can even use more as range ammo and not feel bad about it.

Still wish I had bought more.
    Lol.... You probably paid less then the current “range ammo” prices...
    Nothing says Fuck You like a shotgun.....

SGAmmo has 210 grain .45 Hydrashok right now at $1.80 a round.
    Thanks, but at this time, I am not willing to go through testing for a new change bullet weight.

And, at this moment, according to their website, SIGAmmo has no .45 ammo at all.

-- ML

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Williams View Post
    https://www.federalpremium.com/handg...sonal-defense/

Good ammo is available directly from Federal. I've don about a dozen orders they've all gone off without a hitch. I try to get to $150 to get free shipping.
    At this moment, the only ammo available on Federal's website is 10 mm.

-- ML

When I said right now, I wasn't kidding.

They've gotta be raking it in hand over fist.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I rode the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer (as modified)

"What cannot be remedied must be endured."

Vale et omnia quae.

P:20

Quote Originally Posted by chad newton View Post
    Frank hammer carried a single action even when could have had something else because it was what he killed with and it never let him down.... Same goes for Dillinger and lots of others... Itís all about reliability and repeatability and confidence....
    I am all about nostalgia, but that is no reason to pick a weapon for self-defense.

- ML

When he went after Bonnie and Clyde, he carried a Colt 1911 pattern pistol, likely in .38 Super. It's not clear if he also carried "Old Lucky," but it's equally likely he carried a .44 Special Smith and Wesson Triple Lock as a second gun.

In his hands when he broke cover and challenged them was a 5-shot Remington Model 8 in .35 Remington (Although Sheriff Jim Wilson writes that it was in .30 Rem.). The Colt and Remington were close to state of the art at that time.
    Last edited by Papa; 04-10-2021 at 03:21 PM.

"...I rode the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer (as modified)

Vale et omnia quae.

When he went after Bonnie and Clyde, he carried a Colt 1911 pattern pistol, likely in .38 Super. It's not clear if he also carried "Old Lucky," but it's equally likely he carried a .44 Special Smith and Wesson Triple Lock as a second gun.

In his hands when he broke cover and challenged them was a 5-shot Remington Model 8 in .35 Remington. The Colt and Remington were close to state of the art at that time.
    Speaking of nostalgia:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jevEf3U7Kws

-- ML

Yeah, Michael Mann loves vintage firearms, especially, it seems, the Monitor. See "Public Enemies."

Vale et omnia quae.