Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Galil ACE?

Quote Originally Posted by khadga View Post
    Doesn't the existing 556 Swiss folding stock added to the P556Rxi already fit that bill?
    That would be an SBR, not a pistol. I am guessing he doesn't want an SBR for any number of reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by WinstonSmith View Post
    I don't have many guns on the realistic "buy list"
    Winston, that line made me snort coffee. I have a very long and unrealistic list.

Quote Originally Posted by hogarth View Post
    That would be an SBR, not a pistol. I am guessing he doesn't want an SBR for any number of reasons.
    Doh! I missed the brace part entirely. I can see how that would make for a sweet innovation depending on your jurisdiction.

I also see Mac described the weight of the rifle as just under 8lbs, so I might have understated the weight of the US sold rifle.

Either way, I'm much more intrigued by the pistol for SBRing.

Isn't 8 inches kind of short even for 7.62x39? I knew you could go that short and retain good ballistics with 300 BLK but thought a little more length was better for Russian.

Later on down in the comments of the MAC video, the price point of the Galil ACE is supposed to be somewhere around $1900. I like the idea of the ACE, but not at that price. :\

I like the product SKU for a .308 Model my distributor at work just listed!

I would use one, but there would have be a lot there for it to be worth it. Do you see it being that much more of a better system over a sig? I don't, just a different variation that is costly with no support for maintenance and parts. I would go ak over any of them. Caveman simple....

deleted thread derailer
    Last edited by khadga; 12-11-2014 at 09:23 AM.

Looks like MAC got himself a dud Sig, so not a real comparison with the Galil ACE, but ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_9x...AmCEP-Tu6YliUQ

Quote Originally Posted by Seadragon View Post
    Looks like MAC got himself a dud Sig, so not a real comparison with the Galil ACE, but ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_9x...AmCEP-Tu6YliUQ
    Well, SIG's first gen 556Rs were basically in beta. The first P290 had issues that were also fixed in the P290RS. Looks like they're rushing to market. Again. You'd expect they'd learn?
    LIVING > FIRED > JAIL > DEAD

DISCIPLINA EST LIBERTATEM
    KRG, HRO: Team Tactics 1/2, CRG, HRO: CQB/Team Tactics, Defensive Knife, TMCO

T
    WOTU Since 2012

Quote Originally Posted by WinstonSmith View Post
    You'd expect they'd learn?
    I would've though so, but apparently, I am wrong. Sad, really, as the idea of the 556R-series rifles seems like a good one for Sig; too bad they can't figure it out. Oh well, move along folks, there really isn't anything to see here. :(