Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Galil ACE?

Quote Originally Posted by WinstonSmith View Post
    Alright, I didn't realize IWI was shipping a more updated Galil on your initial post. I was thinking of the Century monkey hammer imports. This video from MAC (member here) does make this much more appealing than the Century crap, but I'm still not sure it's worth jumping to this over the Swiss version. I do like competition, though-- it's good for buyers and forces more innovation.

I can't help but to want the pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by doro19 View Post
    I can't help but to want the pistol.
    The rifle doesn't appeal to me, but I do see the appeal in the pistol.
    LIVING > FIRED > JAIL > DEAD

DISCIPLINA EST LIBERTATEM
    KRG, HRO: Team Tactics 1/2, CRG, HRO: CQB/Team Tactics, Defensive Knife, TMCO

T
    WOTU Since 2012

I'm going to buy either the P556Rxi or the Galil pistol.... whichever one gives me a side folding brace, a ~$1000 price tag, and becomes reality first. I'd prefer the Sig, but I'd probably opt for the Galil if the brace side folds and the Sig's doesn't. To me this is a purchase that's all about small size and concealability. The Galil rifle doesn't interest me whatsoever as I'm perfectly happy with my 556R rifle, but I've still been waiting forever for a side folding pistol brace on a reliable 8-10" 7.62x39 pistol that's ready to go right out of the box without having to buy hinge adapters etc..

Quote Originally Posted by clintofio View Post
    I'm going to buy either the P556Rxi or the Galil pistol.... whichever one gives me a side folding brace, a ~$1000 price tag, and becomes reality first. I'd prefer the Sig, but I'd probably opt for the Galil if the brace side folds and the Sig's doesn't. To me this is a purchase that's all about small size and concealability. The Galil rifle doesn't interest me whatsoever as I'm perfectly happy with my 556R rifle, but I've still been waiting forever for a side folding pistol brace on a reliable 8-10" 7.62x39 pistol that's ready to go right out of the box without having to buy hinge adapters etc..
    That is pretty much my exact feeling on the matter...let the games begin :)

I'll admit some serious love for the original Galil's and even the Century Golani's. I had a pair and would have taken them to war. They did have all the advantages we wanted on AKs back before anyone thought about upgrading AKs and the 50 round mag (and the AR mag well adapter) was waaaay ahead of its time. Ultimately I sold both because they were just another weapon system to manage.

As for these, I'll pass for the same reasons I passed on the originals.

The SIG 556x Russiani holds a lot more interest for me as well. I'm strongly considering one to fill the role an AK used to fill in my arsenal.

Still rather have a Sako RK95 and a truck load of 7.62x39 Lapua...

Quote Originally Posted by clintofio View Post
    Doesn't the existing 556 Swiss folding stock added to the P556Rxi already fit that bill?

Quote Originally Posted by semperparatus1995 View Post
    I don't know the msrp but I'm guessing its more then a sig 556r.
    That would be dumb. Unless they can claim some tangible advantage like a more accurate barrel, they'd be smart to match the Sig price.

I'd say undercut, but at the prices I'm seeing the Sigs go for, it would be hard to improve upon.

Weight is a concern, but the ACE doesn't appear to have the typical Soviet kettlebell attached to the barrel. The full length ACE in 7.62x39 is 3.46 kg/7.6 lbs versus 3.22 kg/7.1 lbs for the 556Rxi. The Swiss lady is svelter by half a pound. Enough for me to whine about, but probably not for most of the many men around here.