Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Galil ACE?

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Nichols View Post
    you gotta let me know if you do, I wanna shoot it. I'm still on the fence about what semi-auto .308 I want
    At first I thought you were talking about shooting one of the kids he might have to sell. Double-take.
    LIVING > FIRED > JAIL > DEAD

DISCIPLINA EST LIBERTATEM
    KRG, HRO: Team Tactics 1/2, CRG, HRO: CQB/Team Tactics, Defensive Knife, TMCO

T
    WOTU Since 2012

Quote Originally Posted by tmbk2 View Post
    New Galil ACE vs Sig 556xi Russian.... Let the 7.62x39 games begin.
    Alright, I didn't realize IWI was shipping a more updated Galil on your initial post. I was thinking of the Century monkey hammer imports. This video from MAC (member here) does make this much more appealing than the Century crap, but I'm still not sure it's worth jumping to this over the Swiss version. I do like competition, though-- it's good for buyers and forces more innovation.

LIVING > FIRED > JAIL > DEAD

DISCIPLINA EST LIBERTATEM
    KRG, HRO: Team Tactics 1/2, CRG, HRO: CQB/Team Tactics, Defensive Knife, TMCO

T
    WOTU Since 2012

Its an interesting rifle I like the pistol option with a folding brace Im more interested in the 308 version though.

I will say this was a smart marketing move by IWI with all the tavors they have sold offering another 556 rifle doesn't make much sense however with russian ak importation cut off and sigs lack of marketing with the 556R a 7.62x39 ak mag compatable rifle is a good sales move.

Now the quality and reliabilty of the rifle/pistol in question remains to be seen.
    The gun has played a critical role in history. An invention that has been praised and denounced... Served Hero and villain alike... and carries with it moral responsibility. To understand the gun is to better understand history.

KRG 9/11/11, PSGS 3/23/12, CPM 8/11/12, ACPM 8/18/12, M4 Sniper Week 2/20/13, TMCO 4/27/13, ATM 10/26/13, Wilderness Warrior Weekend 6/19/15, CRG-1 9/26/15, TASI 1/23/16, Wilderness Warrior Weekend 9/30/16

Quote Originally Posted by C.J. Singleton View Post
    Its an interesting rifle I like the pistol option with a folding brace Im more interested in the 308 version though.

I will say this was a smart marketing move by IWI with all the tavors they have sold offering another 556 rifle doesn't make much sense however with russian ak importation cut off and sigs lack of marketing with the 556R a 7.62x39 ak mag compatable rifle is a good sales move.

Now the quality and reliabilty of the rifle/pistol in question remains to be seen.
    If the quality, reliability and accuracy is there, this is the easy button for an optics ready, CCW-able folding stocked 8" PDW.

I am in the process of building a folding brace 7.62x39 Krink, but honesty thar project is now paused until this thing comes out...

I'm not a huge sig fan, I would probably go galil. Others should get a good look into those as well.

Funny thing....the box that arrived today while training the latest batch of head hunters. A SIG 556R XI from SIG. Galil? Really? Please. That would have been really interesting in 2004. In 2014 its simply boring. If I want a heavy over weight 7.62x39 that is a PITA to carry around, and is marginally accurate I can just get a VEPR. More to follow on the 556RXI. The Galil? maybe for those with a fit of nostalgia, but not for anyone serious.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

If you get the pistol I want first dibbs to T&E
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...he-Obscenities

Quote Originally Posted by Gabe Suarez View Post
    Funny thing....the box that arrived today while training the latest batch of head hunters. A SIG 556R XI from SIG. Galil? Really? Please. That would have been really interesting in 2004. In 2014 its simply boring. If I want a heavy over weight 7.62x39 that is a PITA to carry around, and is marginally accurate I can just get a VEPR. More to follow on the 556RXI. The Galil? maybe for those with a fit of nostalgia, but not for anyone serious.
    I have been wondering what you'd think of these and how they compared to the SIG or even the M4.

What would IMI need to do to make these competitive? Or can it even be done? It might be nice if we knew the price point I suppose?

Quote Originally Posted by firebird6 View Post
    What would IMI need to do to make these competitive? Or can it even be done? It might be nice if we knew the price point I suppose?
    1). Stop stabbing non-israelis in the back
    2). Realize they do not have a corner on the world of fighting
    3). Have the thing made in Germany, Switzerland or Austria

That is about it.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

This is a gun collectors wet dream come true. But for the gun shooter it seems like an answer looking for solution. I don't know the msrp but I'm guessing its more then a sig 556r.