Default CRG-5: zero to Five Feet Gunfighting with John McCreery

Big thanks to John for his excellent instruction. I have taken 2 of his courses now and will definitely sign up for more. We had a great time even with the bruises. Thanks to all that took class, you guys made it a lot of fun.

I will second that John is an awesome instructor. He really likes what he is doing and I have learned more from him about gun fighting and self defense than any other instructor from Suarez. If you get a chance to take one of his courses...do it! Oh if it sounds like I have a "man crush" on him well maybe a little​A big thanks to all the people who took the course it was a great group.

This is the second class I've taken with John and it sure won't be the last! Fantastic instruction from a great guy! I learned a ton from this class for sure. I had a great time with everyone who attended as well! Thanks for respecting my inability to be a "Bad Guy"..LOL. I'm looking forward to the next class offering!

I was again fortunate to have a group of people willing to work hard,learn and assist in each others development. Everyone in attendance added stuff to this class. Some of the key points I think we all learned:
    Most times Crazy beats Karate - Violence overcomes a lot.
    Closing distance is better than retreating at times.
    Keeping your hands up to create distance is important.
    Appendix carry allows for better access in most situations.
    Stop back pedaling.

Rusty, I think you spent too much time in the car and hotel with your crew!!!
    www.ohioppt.com
    Twitter @Ohioppt

20140830_140257.jpg
    Working to the flank and ground fun.

20140830_144258.jpg
    Last edited by John McCreery; 09-04-2014 at 09:26 PM.
    www.ohioppt.com
    Twitter @Ohioppt

20140830_152117.jpg
    Two on one after being knocked down

20140830_152119.jpg
    Last edited by John McCreery; 09-04-2014 at 09:26 PM.
    www.ohioppt.com
    Twitter @Ohioppt

back.jpg

Stuff happens - keep fighting

forearm.jpg

group.jpg
    Last edited by John McCreery; 09-04-2014 at 09:27 PM.
    www.ohioppt.com
    Twitter @Ohioppt

I learned a lot this weekend and it was great to not only learn new skills but be able to test them out in the force on force. I think I learned as much about the techniques while was playing a bad guy as I did using them myself. Seeing both sides at full speed really showed you what works and what doesn't. John was a great instructor and we had a great group in the class. Everyone brought a lot of skills to the class. Great time thanks.