Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    BTW Jefe, since the CHOIRBOY is designed for NPE locations, any chance you might be selling them in some NPE's? Without being specific, I live in one of those locations and you don't (understandably) even sell your knives here. It would be nice if these were to be made available.
    A Failure To Plan On YOUR Part, Does Not Constitute An Emergency On MY Part.
    Stick54

"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    courage to change the things I can,and wisdom to know where to
    hide the bodies of the people who've pissed me off"

http://wwwblackthorn.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Nichols View Post
    Hmm a ceramic icepick would be cool
    Quote Originally Posted by Echo17 View Post
    Or go neo-caveman with an obsidian edged, polymer bodied knife. IIRC you can flake obsidian to be sharper than literally almost anything.
    G10 makes very nice knives with a bit of an edge... G10 scales and acrylic pins with epoxy make great grip scales. Not a bit of usability to them, and finding someone to make them without any markings is tough (time consuming and somewhat expensive as well)

Quote Originally Posted by Gabe Suarez View Post
    Having traveled all over the world in Suarez International's early years...to some nice places, and some very not-so-nice places, to do things "expendable" and which I will never discuss before my death, I know all too well what is necessary.

Today, some ten years later...(ten years...where does it go?) being able to hide a weapon in an NPE is not enough. I used to be able to hide knives...even a pistol and a can once, through the security screens of third world nations. Not so much today as they have gotten wiser...gotten more..."American" in their ways. Today your weapons in a strict NPE must be dual use items, easily explained, easily replaced...yet deadly as a "motherfoxtrotter" when used right.

I am already seen as an outlaw...a pariah among the fat incapable bastards of the gun mafia whose only lifting involves beer bottles. They hate me...I am told they even fear me to a degree. Good...they should. We are what they wished they were but did not have the balls to become.

The Grab N Stab Series of deadly implements is forthcoming.
    My wife has been teaching herself to crochet. I keep trying to get her to put the hook down and learn to knit. Preferably with the biggest needles she can find.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabe Suarez View Post
    A hidden weapon is not the same as an item that has dual use purposes and can be explained. Hidden weapons will be found...like it or not. Dual use items will also be found, but it won't matter.
    I like this form of sneakiness: Be the grey man, not the ninja.

The Monks of old wore a large forged iron cross on a neck tether. Do you really think this was merely a demonstration of faith?

I learned how to do this from a master smith named Francis Whitiker. I make mine from 1 inch square stock they are 12-16 inches long and weigh 3-5 pounds. In the interest of honesty, I have a power hammer and a treadle hammer. They are still more work than I can do today. I made well over a dozen of these as gifts for weddings and for some loved relatives.
    http://youtu.be/vm7yTb6Wq7w

image.jpg
    This is my daily carry. I've carried it everyday for two years.
    The only thing worse than a politician is a child molester - Rip Torn

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    That is a prototype of an item we will call, wait for it....

THE CHOIRBOY

One of the common threads in any group of men that goes into harm's way is an informal, after-hours, decompression and debriefing session. This is where everyone chills out, the cold beers come out, and there is a heart to heart discussion on what happened and how to do it better the next time. Jokingly referred to as "choir practice", these were hardly spiritual group hug singing sessions, but instead, think of it as a group "high five" with an emphasis on how to pound the bad guys harder the next time. There was no rank at these events, often handled in the wee hours in the parking lot of the station. The name of these "killer encounter sessions" came from a book by Joseph Wambaugh titled The Choirboys.

In honor of those long ago days we present The Choirboy. It is, a bottle opener intended to crack a beer in high style. As a bottle opener it can go anywhere that cold ones are being served. Yet with a little imagination, it can crack open a head as well as bottle of Heineken. The prefect last-ditch tool for any impromptu choir session with the team.
    That's a handy little tool. Simple yet effective.