Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Thanks SUA! Great information!!!

Good stuff Sua

Great read... brought back fond memories from my fire days. Thank you very much for the, article.

Gents...if you want to keep reading these types of articles let us know we are not just spinning our wheels. Our authors spend a great deal of time and effort writing these for you. If we can ask you to do a few things for us, see below.

1). Comment what you put here on the blog itself so others will know what you have to say. Its is just as easy to do so as here.

2). If you are on FB, "LIKE" the blog

3). Send the link of the article to others who might be interested in the material.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Good stuff, I think a class could definetly be benificial for every serious warrior. Never know when yourself or children could be trapped in a room. I'm thinking even something as simple as an earthquake may result in a necessary breach. More tools for the tool kit.

I could probably put together an improvised breaching course and teach in in the Texas are if Gabe has an interest in doing so. Sua can probably do the same thing in his AO.

A one day course can cover most of the problem areas , There are some materials cost involved ( proper way to break and rake) etc.
    NEVER CONFUSE GETTING LUCKY WITH GOOD TACTICS (unless you are at the bar)

I'm not in the business of Losing

A stab to the taint beats most of the mystical bullshit, most of the time

What are your thoughts on using a jack to spread a door jamb?

Quote Originally Posted by jlwilliams View Post
    What are your thoughts on using a jack to spread a door jamb?

If it isn't time critical it works, don't know about Suasion experience but I never liked the hydraulic or manual systems , always preferred a sledge, ram, or Haligan. ( the Stanley fubar is a grata standin for a haligan, but more expensive than Suas wrecking bar)
    NEVER CONFUSE GETTING LUCKY WITH GOOD TACTICS (unless you are at the bar)

I'm not in the business of Losing

A stab to the taint beats most of the mystical bullshit, most of the time

For typical Home doors, Ive never had a one man ram fail on the first effort. Its really kinda scary how easy it is to get in to most doors, even with multiple dead bolts. That being said a FUBAR is cheaper than a Haligan Tool and a Ram is harder to carry around. When I taught MOUT to MPs we had a lousy budget (as in how much did the rest of the staff wanna spend), so we just used a Maul Axe for just about all doors. Once you found a GOOD operator, you were golden; TRUST me not everybody wants to be the Breacher

Besides the sledge hammer, if you are substituting for a Haligan for some reason what is a good short list of tools for that? I ask because I came across this:

http://www.amazon.com/Innovation-Fac...productDetails

...and to my inexperienced eye it looks like it would be better than the FUBAR. But there are several things that Amazon puts up that might not be nearly as useful as they look. Would somebody be inclined to put together a short list of acceptable tools starting with Haligans and other such and then moving down to useful substitutes on the FUBAR level? I would appreciate it.
    Si vis pacem, para violentus.

"Hard pressed on my right; my left is in retreat. My center is yielding. Impossible to maneuver. Situation excellent. I am attacking."--Marshall Foch