Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mine in bold

Quote Originally Posted by Brent Yamamoto View Post
    However, I do not believe in this idea that God gets credit for each choice that I make and for every thing I have accomplished. If that were the case, then we would be nothing. (And yes, again to be clear, COMPARED to God we are nothing...but God put us here for a reason, so I do not believe we are nothing to HIM.) God gives us CHOICES. He gives us OPPORTUNITIES.

Finally someone gets it!!! You don't know how frustrating it is...well, maybe you do...to talk to some Christians that cannot discuss how to cook a filet or draw a pistol without bringing God into the discussion.

But it is up to US to make the most of those. I do not think for one second it is blasphemous for us to take some credit for good choices we have made. I thing God roots for us, and smiles upon us when we have chosen well. I think He helps us even when we've made poor choices...but we should not feel guilty for taking a little credit for ourselves. I don't think He thinks that way. God not only has wisdom beyond what we can comprehend, but I also think he has some basic frickin' common sense.

Yet some of His followers seem to lack it.

If we are to get no credit for our good choices, then we are to get no demerit for our poor choices. That would mean that we really HAVE NO CHOICE, and I don't believe God set it up that way.

I see it as big holy cop-out. Its not anyone's fault that their family lives in poverty...its what God wants. Its not anyone's fault they are in poor health because they weigh 300 pounds from a doughnut diet...its what God wants. And so on. You know what God wants? I think it is for more men to close their traps, get up off their asses and work instead of postulating about dinosaurs or the nature of free will.

Not everything is about religion. Putting God first is one thing, but jeez guys. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

And that cigar needs to be lit up and smoked!
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Mark,

Here is the deal

First, please format your posts properly. Right now it looks like a meth head just snorted a six pack of red bull. Trying to even read it hurts my brain.

Second, and let me be crystal on this - NOT EVERYTHING DISCUSSED AT WT HAS A HEAVENLY OR SPIRITUAL ASPECT. If you keep attempting to insinuate theology into everything, I will promise that your time here will be short lived.

Now...back to smoking cigars, punching people in the face and lifting heavy shit.

Quote Originally Posted by mtmongeon View Post
    Hmmm… No earthly good i disagree. I get wisdom to do the things HE wants me to do that is through HIS whole WORD which is CHRIST. Example if one doesn't know how to do something say an electrical work and wants to learn the trade does the one go to a person that took a couple of classes in it or does one seek the best journey man around to get the wisdom? I believe it would be the latter one. Or a person with zero skill in firearms should he seek a armchair forum writer that seems to know it all and weighs in at 350 lbs wiping donut crumbs from his face or an good instructor as you? I believe it would be the latter one. So, my point is that GOD is please when we listen to HIS wisdom and do (not just say we will do) HIS commandments. Cause and effect, you see it through the whole bible. When men listen for HIS instruction they were blessed and prospered. When they refused to listen to HIM and make there own choices then they were miserable and they loss a lot of blessings. And yes there are testings as with Job when he did nothing to deserve all the loses he got but, he still sought after GOD and was as you would say very heavenly minded. But, look what it did for him he received double the amount he lost. I can give you a witness of many things GOD has done through me being heavenly minded and was way more earthly good they you can imagine. But i digress and encourage all to not do any religious things but to grow your personal relationship with GOD first through the true warrior HIS SON JESUS CHRIST and i know you will used more for HIS glory when you seek HIS wisdom and counsel first. Matt 6:33 says in JESUS own words "But seek first HIS kingdom and HIS righteousness; and all these things shall be added to you. So, it is a personal relationship and not a religion and shows we need to be in continual communication with HIM just as all the authorities down to the lowest private in a combat zone needs to get direction and orders to fight the good fight. And we are in a spiritual fight with the one that hates us because he hates GOD and we are made in HIS image. And if a person can not see then one you are still a babe in CHRIST and need to grow in HIM as the apostle Paul says in his writings or you are not truly with CHRIST. As HIS Word says Matt 7:22-23 JESUS said "Many will say to ME on that day, LORD, LORD did we not prophesy in YOUR Name, and in YOUR Name cast out demons,and in YOUR name perform many miracles? v23 And then I will declare to them, I never knew you; depart from ME, you who practice lawlessness." So, once again need to have the personal relationship and i prose this question. If a person saved you from a burning building you be not only grateful but that person would become your best friend and you would always talk with them. Not looking at what GOD the FATHER did for us and how JESUS was willing to leave HIS glorious throne become a human go through all temptations then to be ripped apart for us i don't know about you i am more grateful and longing to talk with HIM through out the whole day and get HIS wisdom then my own. And truth be told HE does give us the ability to make choices and use our free will and HE also has given us gifts to create things and abilities to do things in this world and I give HE all the praise, glory and honor for it that is the point i was trying to make so sorry if it came out wrong. I am just sharing my experiences that i have gotten from the LORD from the past 43 years.
    Gabriel Suarez

Hmmm… No earthly good i disagree. I get wisdom to do the things HE wants me to do that is through HIS whole WORD which is CHRIST. Example if one doesn't know how to do something say an electrical work and wants to learn the trade does the one go to a person that took a couple of classes in it or does one seek the best journey man around to get the wisdom? I believe it would be the latter one. Or a person with zero skill in firearms should he seek a armchair forum writer that seems to know it all and weighs in at 350 lbs wiping donut crumbs from his face or an good instructor as you? I believe it would be the latter one. So, my point is that GOD is please when we listen to HIS wisdom and do (not just say we will do) HIS commandments. Cause and effect, you see it through the whole bible. When men listen for HIS instruction they were blessed and prospered. When they refused to listen to HIM and make there own choices then they were miserable and they loss a lot of blessings. And yes there are testings as with Job when he did nothing to deserve all the loses he got but, he still sought after GOD and was as you would say very heavenly minded. But, look what it did for him he received double the amount he lost. I can give you a witness of many things GOD has done through me being heavenly minded and was way more earthly good they you can imagine. But i digress and encourage all to not do any religious things but to grow your personal relationship with GOD first through the true warrior HIS SON JESUS CHRIST and i know you will used more for HIS glory when you seek HIS wisdom and counsel first. Matt 6:33 says in JESUS own words "But seek first HIS kingdom and HIS righteousness; and all these things shall be added to you. So, it is a personal relationship and not a religion and shows we need to be in continual communication with HIM just as all the authorities down to the lowest private in a combat zone needs to get direction and orders to fight the good fight. And we are in a spiritual fight with the one that hates us because he hates GOD and we are made in HIS image. And if a person can not see then one you are still a babe in CHRIST and need to grow in HIM as the apostle Paul says in his writings or you are not truly with CHRIST. As HIS Word says Matt 7:22-23 JESUS said "Many will say to ME on that day, LORD, LORD did we not prophesy in YOUR Name, and in YOUR Name cast out demons,and in YOUR name perform many miracles? v23 And then I will declare to them, I never knew you; depart from ME, you who practice lawlessness." So, once again need to have the personal relationship and i prose this question. If a person saved you from a burning building you be not only grateful but that person would become your best friend and you would always talk with them. Not looking at what GOD the FATHER did for us and how JESUS was willing to leave HIS glorious throne become a human go through all temptations then to be ripped apart for us i don't know about you i am more grateful and longing to talk with HIM through out the whole day and get HIS wisdom then my own. And truth be told HE does give us the ability to make choices and use our free will and HE also has given us gifts to create things and abilities to do things in this world and I give HE all the praise, glory and honor for it that is the point i was trying to make so sorry if it came out wrong. I am just sharing my experiences that i have gotten from the LORD from the past 43 years.
    I suggest this kindly: more people would likely read all the words you write if you indented and split it up into smaller paragraphs.
    LIVING > FIRED > JAIL > DEAD
    DISCIPLINA EST LIBERTATEM
    KRG, HRO: Team Tactics 1/2, CRG, HRO: CQB/Team Tactics, Defensive Knife, TMCO

Ok Sir sorry for the thread hi-jack and not trying to get on anyone. I was just trying to give our LORD glory and to show how HE wants a relationship and not religion that is of men. Some times i get carried away in HIS awesomeness and didn't re-read what i wrote. I think getting sprayed with OC spray this afternoon for our OC certification on the prison didn't help when typing this LOL.
    Yeah...I got that...we all got that and get that. But this is a thread on how to overcome physical fears of physical injury. And the way to do that is not by sitting at home think how cool God is...it is about going out as a man and conquering them.

So.......back to the discussion shall we?
    Gabriel Suarez

Cowboy up and surround yourself with people or circumstances that demand you do.
    TWOTU since 2012
    DPS
    PSP
    KRG
    M4 rifle gunfighting
    glock armorer

Feel the fear and go for it anyway. Heck, half the cool stuff we do is only cool because of the fear. The more we expose ourselves to fear, the better we get at controlling it and not letting the negative aspects of it constrain our capabilities. I still get that fear feeling (sort of an excitement now) when I ride the skids or rappel out of a helo, or ride my horse in a precarious place, or stop a carload of gang bangers in a bad part of town. Some of the reasons we feel the fear is we don't know what's going to happen, the unknown. Sometimes it's because we know what can happen. Either way, the more we do a thing, the more we learn how to control the aspects of it that we can, mitigate to the extent we can those things we cannot control, and learn to handle the other things that can happen; the rest of it we don't waste our energy on because there is nothing we can do about it.

Most warriors are more afraid of screwing up than getting hurt. And since we are more likely to screw up by hesitation, lack of aggression, and avoiding the things we are not good at, then the best antidote is feeling the fear and getting to work.

Onward & Upward!
    Dave Sauer
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor

"The path which leads to truth is littered with the bodies of the ignorant." --Musashi

Onward & Upward!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Sauer View Post
    Most warriors are more afraid of screwing up than getting hurt. And since we are more likely to screw up by hesitation, lack of aggression, and avoiding the things we are not good at, then the best antidote is feeling the fear and getting to work.
    Oh man, that is gold right there.
    Brent Yamamoto
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor

Ready, willing, able. Bring it.

Instagram: karate_at_1200fps

Upcoming classes:

Pistol Groundfighting, Texas

The few times I have conquered fear, the following phrase (or something similar) has been in my mind:
    "Ah, f*ck it..."

Quote Originally Posted by Brent Yamamoto View Post
    Oh man, that is gold right there.
    Agreed...and a great thread going here Greg.
    Uncertainty / fear of the unknown kept me in my comfort zone of racing (where I excelled for a long time at every level we competed at) but taking up firearms was a whole new world that I had some apprehension about going into.
    I was as nervous as a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs when I got to your class that first day but your ability to teach and demonstrate the lessons put forth made the decision to attend the class a great one for me.
    Thanks to you and all the members here on WT for their knowledge that is found here.
    Disarming victims doesn't solve crime.

This is an oldie that died early due to input that was far off topic. Let's bring it back.
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...he-Obscenities