Default What Is this Exo Nickel Boron Glock

Glock guys........is that coating OK?:

I'm looking around for another G 19. Came across this a while ago.
    Is this just another ion coating of some sort?. It's an ok deal as far as I'm concerned if the coating is one that is ok.
    And I check it out and it seems lightly used as it says.
    From what I have read the coating is ok. 3.5 connectors and polished trigger group is ok with me.
    Is that coating OK??? Me thinks I'll grab it if it is in nice shape, and not have to look for another pistola......get another red dot mounted.

LNIB Exo Nickel Boron Glock 19 Gen 3 + Extras!

I have an one month old Exo edition nickel boron glock 19

150 rounds through it

3.5lbs ghost connector installed and polished trigger group by a gunsmith for a trigger weight of 4lbs

$500.00

Thanks,
    jim Lowell

If you plan on getting it milled, I'd hold off. Exo is a Nickel Boron finish. Machining it will leave bare metal that could compromise the coating. Better to get any work done before refinish.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigfan22 View Post
    If you plan on getting it milled, I'd hold off. Exo is a Nickel Boron finish. Machining it will leave bare metal that could compromise the coating. Better to get any work done before refinish.
    actually that had crossed my mind....one reason I ask about it. So I would need to get it milled and then refinished.
    Is that finish anything special.....worth messing with.
    It is easy enough to get something off gunbroker.
    I have heard the nickel boron cleans up easily and that the slide seems to pull easier with less friction.
    As I recall that finish is not expensive....if the internet jabber was accurate. :))

Thanks, Jim

Default What Is this Exo Nickel Boron Glock

Quote Originally Posted by Blasst View Post
    actually that had crossed my mind....one reason I ask about it. So I would need to get it milled and then refinished.
    Is that finish anything special.....worth messing with.
    It is easy enough to get something off gunbroker.
    I have heard the nickel boron cleans up easily and that the slide seems to pull easier with less friction.
    As I recall that finish is not expensive....if the internet jabber was accurate. :))

Thanks, Jim
    Cleanup is easier. I lubricate normal. While the finish won't rust, it will develop a tarnish. If milling is planned, I'd recommend it or ion bond highly.

yep....I think I'll check it out.If it looks good I'll grab it. Could be fun and end up a cool gun. I"ll browse gunbroker first tonight.
    I'm going to sell my 26. I don't find it really any more concealable. Just very slightly....and it's splitting hairs.

This is supposedly the Exo company Glock uses: http://www.failzero.com/
    Last edited by Blasst; 06-11-2014 at 09:25 PM.

yep....I think I'll check it out.If it looks good I'll grab it. Could be fun and end up a cool gun. I"ll browse gunbroker first tonight.
    I'm going to sell my 26. I don't find it really any more concealable. Just very slightly....and it's splitting hairs.
    I'll give $300 on the 26! Lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Sigfan22 View Post
    I'll give $300 on the 26! Lol!
    Actually I like that little shit now that I have the trigger how I like it and slight extensions on the mags so it fits my hand. I have it in a little "colombian" IWB hoster and it's really happy there.:))) If I ever carry something on my leg that would be the pistol I'd use. That pistol would be great with a suppressor and a red dot.. I ought to change out the barrel and trick it out. It would be hell on wheels with a red dot.

Actually I like that little shit now that I have the trigger how I like it and slight extensions on the mags so it fits my hand. I have it in a little "colombian" IWB hoster and it's really happy there.:))) If I ever carry something on my leg that would be the pistol I'd use. That pistol would be great with a suppressor and a red dot.. I ought to change out the barrel and trick it out. It would be hell on wheels with a red dot.
    That's the spirit. Add an RMR AND A micro can (Thompson Poseidon or AWC Abraxas 2) and your set!

I like my nickel boron finish on my bcg for my ar 15. Cleans up real nice and does seem to help with lubricity.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk