Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NP79 View Post
    I know this is an old thread but, what if you get paid to carry a weapon, how does this change. I don't know how many on here get paid to carry but in my experience the consequences are different, standards are higher(as they should be), and everybody these days seems to be trying to Nail us(not discreetly). I work in the hood literally the projects we see more hands on action in a month than most suburban LE see in there career, everybody is looking for a payday and/ or criminals charges. Officers in my AO get shot at weekly no BS but constantly get haggled for use of force and whatnot. Scrutiny unparalleled. Advice for that one. Need it. Also have experience in CP/EP/BE Time to get out? Shit is getting ridiculous

Get farther south, there is still a little bit of the Wild West ;)
    NEVER CONFUSE GETTING LUCKY WITH GOOD TACTICS (unless you are at the bar)

I'm not in the business of Losing

A stab to the taint beats most of the mystical bullshit, most of the time

Ha DDR dig it. I will agree with you on the articulation. Fortunately I work with guys who have what I like to call moral clarity, willing to do what needs to be done dependant on a previous thought process that has been engaged. That isn't always the most popular answer it seems tho. I understand the difference in the AO meets decision making process and I apologize for getting off topic. It's a trend. I know you have been BTDT and that is why I am interested in your opinion, and that being what would be your manifesto(if you will) on protocol and/or general direction of a "modern" law enforcement agent/officer(i sense an article) on modern procedures and protocols in direct correlation with said officers "moral clarity". It's a brave new/strange new world in modern law enforcement, one that must be approached with the utmost clarity/kid gloves. Both of which I do not have Apologies for being off topic, I'm new to this.

Quote Originally Posted by coastalcop View Post
    Get farther south, there is still a little bit of the Wild West ;)
    Touch'e coastal cop this is what I hear, just growing physically ill
    of all the b.s.. especially when I love and am passionate about what I do.

Quote Originally Posted by NP79 View Post
    Touch'e coastal cop this is what I hear, just growing physically ill
    of all the b.s.. especially when I love and am passionate about what I do.

Imagine chasing a guy in a 100 plus mph pursuit, shooting his tire out on the move, pit ing him into something unmovable getting him into custody, and having your big boss show up, look the scene over and give you a fist bump, with " nice shot , get your squad over to the motor pool for a new windshield"

Imagine chasing a guy in a 100 plus mph pursuit, shooting his tire out on the move, pit ing him into something unmovable getting him into custody, and having your big boss show up, look the scene over and give you a fist bump, with " nice shot , get your squad over to the motor pool for a new windshield"
    Ain't going to happen in this southern agency, you would be looking for a job and possible charges.

Quote Originally Posted by Surratt691 View Post
    Ain't going to happen in this southern agency, you would be looking for a job and possible charges.

Ok I will bite, what charges exactly would they file? and how far South are you? I ask not to be a di$K but to understand other agencies protocol.

You hiring?
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Nichols View Post
    You hiring?
    I'm open to a lateral move.......
    "Sometimes A Teacher; Always A Student"

Retired from teaching for the time being.

I think we are gonna have some open patrol slots soon ;) Great admin to work for ;) The training administrator talks about improvised tools like "you may not have a brick in your hand, but you've got one in that wall. So mash his head through the wall"

Ok I will bite, what charges exactly would they file? and how far South are you? I ask not to be a di$K but to understand other agencies protocol.
    I work for the largest department in SC. Pitting is against policy for one, shooting from a moving vehicle is against policy second. And pitting a vehicle or shooting a tire out at high speed would be viewed as deadly force and would have to be justified as such, and with out him being a mass murderer good luck with our solicitors office. All use of force and pursuits are reviewed by training and Internal Affairs. The days of shooting tires out ended for us in the 90s, by policy weapons are to be fired to end the threat, in the limited scope that we fire at vehicles all rounds are directed at the driver (ex, if he is trying to run over a deputy on foot).
    Last edited by Surratt691; 02-10-2015 at 09:58 AM.