Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks Brother. Having been knocked of lifting for 6 weeks due to hand surgery, I needed this. Although I'm still using my other hand for kettle bells….1/2 workouts better than no workout.
    "The will to survive is not as important as the will to prevail...the answer to criminal aggression is retaliation" Lt. Col. Jeff Cooper

"When Your Time Comes To Die. Be Not Like Those Whose Hearts Are Filled With Fear Of Death. So When Their Time Comes They Weep And Pray For A Little More Time To Live Their Lives Over Again In A Different Way.
    SING YOUR DEATH SONG AND DIE LIKE A HERO GOING HOME" Tecumseh

Quote Originally Posted by Gabe Suarez View Post

My breakfast today - Three eggs fried in butter, four strips of bacon, some cabbage and onions, one tomato, and a few cdups of coffee with heavy whipping cream.
    I use heavy cream at times. ( I think its Natures/Organic Valley ) At other times, I use 1 tablespoon of coconut oil and 2 tablespoons of Irish Grass fed butter in my coffee. It carries several hours if I am not too active. I've been reading some of your comments. I for one , after speaking with a few Drs agree the food pyramid is bullshit. A way for the Gov to feed the masses. Hey, we have a large bread basket region in this country after all.

One day I stopped a gent who was 6'3'' 205lbs and in fantastic shape. I asked him, what do you do and eat to look like you do? He replied " If you can spear it , rip it from the ground a tree or lake or shoot it I eat it. I also throw kettle bells around most days of the week.............''

My take: Get as close to the natural source as possible and stay busy.

Quote Originally Posted by jacob74 View Post
    My take: Get as close to the natural source as possible and stay busy.
    Yup. With some caveats. You cannot run a multi-million dollar company, lift weights, and all that jazz...and grow your own food. So you make compromises.

I buy most of my meat and produce from organic sources, either Whole Foods or AJ's. I really don't give a shit if somebody tells me that organic is really not organic. I can afford to pay for the label and to me, it tastes a hell of alot better than chain supermarket stuff.

If I have no choice, I will buy from them, but I will be very picky. I stay away from starches such as potatoes, bread. pasta, etc. Grains too...grains are for herd animals not for predators. I may eat rice...but only if its surrounded by raw fish and seaweed. I can't recall the last time I had a beer. Beer is simply liquid bread. Not only does it make your gut swell, it makes your balls shrink.

At restaurants I order special...I tell the cutie in the skirt that if she gets my order right I will give her a good tip. They usually get it right, and I do leave a good tip. Not only is fair fair, but I want them to remember me when I go back. I have eaten Paleo at Italian, Mexican, and Thai places with no drama...everyone speaks Ben Franklin.

Emergency, I can eat anything at a fast food joint - the double bacon cheese burger is ordered without a bun - no fries, and an Ice tea or water. That staves off starvation. I am not into fasting. My goal is to look like a dude that lifts weights and can throw you off a balcony...not like a "heart-healthy-yoga-stretched" Mahatma Ghandi.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Quote Originally Posted by Gabe Suarez View Post
    Yup. With some caveats. You cannot run a multi-million dollar company, lift weights, and all that jazz...and grow your own food. So you make compromises.

I buy most of my meat and produce from organic sources, either Whole Foods or AJ's. I really don't give a shit if somebody tells me that organic is really not organic. I can afford to pay for the label and to me, it tastes a hell of alot better than chain supermarket stuff.

If I have no choice, I will buy from them, but I will be very picky. I stay away from starches such as potatoes, bread. pasta, etc. Grains too...grains are for herd animals not for predators. I may eat rice...but only if its surrounded by raw fish and seaweed. I can't recall the last time I had a beer. Beer is simply liquid bread. Not only does it make your gut swell, it makes your balls shrink.

At restaurants I order special...I tell the cutie in the skirt that if she gets my order right I will give her a good tip. They usually get it right, and I do leave a good tip. Not only is fair fair, but I want them to remember me when I go back. I have eaten Paleo at Italian, Mexican, and Thai places with no drama...everyone speaks Ben Franklin.

Emergency, I can eat anything at a fast food joint - the double bacon cheese burger is ordered without a bun - no fries, and an Ice tea or water. That staves off starvation. I am not into fasting. My goal is to look like a dude that lifts weights and can throw you off a balcony...not like a "heart-healthy-yoga-stretched" Mahatma Ghandi.
    I too buy ALL my produce and meat from a supplier. I do not have the time to raise my own goods. But shopping wisely can get you what you need. On tipping well for the cutie that delivers is simply good business. They will remember you and on a busy night when people are standing outside, she'll be at your table asking what more can she do for you! i am all for that 100% Cheap is ugly and stupid hurts. Eat right, work out and allow people around you to be their best by motivating them, however that needs to happen!

Some years back I fell into the Bad cholesterol crap that my doctor fed me, and it took me 3 years, loosing a job, and my wife researching statins before I stopped it all.

My cholesterol was 245, I was/am, active, lifting, martial arts and walking, but was nearly 50, so I thought what the heck, he's the doctor so I took the drugs. He kept upping the dose and I kept getting more and more forgetful. If I met you in the morning, you'd be a stranger at lunch, it was bad, like I was in a perpetual fog. If it hadn't been for my wife's research and insistence that I stop taking the meds, I'm not sure where I'd be.
    I tapered the drugs off and in about a month I was completely off all statins, then the fog started to clear. In approximately 3 months I was clear headed and could remember things, that during the time I was medicated, I couldn't remember if my life depended on it.

Never again..

Now I eat right within reason, I'm known to slip now and then, but I do extra cardio to pay for it

Default Now MORE experts claim statins are a waste of time:

Millions of patients are being misled about the pros and cons of statins, experts claimed last night.
    Accusing the medical establishment of perpetuating a ‘great cholesterol con’, they questioned whether statin pills are as effective as claimed.
    The group of doctors, from Britain, the US, France and Ireland, said the very theory on which statins are based – that lowering ‘bad’ LDL cholesterol cuts heart disease – is ‘fundamentally flawed’.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-3969692/Now-experts-claim-statins-waste-time-say-studies-cutting-bad-cholesterol-fails-slash-heart-risk.html
    "Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedies" -- Groucho Marx

"The moment the idea is admitted into society that property is not as sacred as the laws of God, and that there is not a force of law and public justice to protect it, anarchy and tyranny commence. --John Adams

I stumbled on to this thread last week. Bought the book and only half way done so far. It is a very easy read and wow! The information it reveals is eye opening and believable. I have been on a low dose statin for about 15 years. Maybe I'm lucky I have a very good memory and no muscle stiffness. I ride a mountain bike, work out, go camping in the mountains and am fairly active for a 50 yr old but I have already started tapering off the statins and will start eating the right way.

Thanks for for the education.

One of the authors of the study described in the Irish Times link is Dr. Malcolm Kendrick. If you've ever wondered why medical research is as questionable as CNN or MSNBC, check out Kendrick's great book Doctoring Data. The book explores all the biases and fraud in medical research, and even better, it's entertaining, as Kendrick has a great sense of humor. You can find some sample quotes from the book by searching on "Doctoring Data Quotes" + Goodreads. After you read the book, you'll know why even past editors of the two top medical journals say most of what those journals publish is unreliable.

Personally, I quit Lipitor something like ten years ago. The first night off the drug, I got the best night's sleep I'd had in years. After a week, I realized I'd been in a mental fog for years. Took six months or so for the muscle pain to clear. My doctor said statins don't have those side effects. But in 2012 the FDA belatedly added label warnings for memory loss, confusion, high blood sugar, and type 2 diabetes as statin side-effects. I feel great without statins, and I've now reached an age group (65+) where higher cholesterol is associated with lower mortality.