The Suarez Method

Thread: Eggnog

Default Eggnog

Family eggnog recipe (100+year old recipe) - Doz eggs separated,qt heavy cream,qt 1/2 and 1/2 (old recipe used fresh milk with the cream),2cups sugar,2tblsp vanilla,Qt bourbon,pint dark rum. I dont add this much bourbon and rum, add to your taste. Whip egg whites,1/2 cup sugar to soft peak stage, whip heavy cream,1 cup sugar till thick. Mix 1/2 and 1/2, egg yokes, vanilla, and some bourbon and rum. Mix all in large bowl (1 gallon plus), and add more bourbon and rum to taste. Put in 1/2 gallon mason jars and refrigerate. Better when its a day old. (I love this stuff, you will never buy eggnog again!)

Tagged to try later. Sounds delicious

Boards don't punch back.
    I have come hear to chew bubble gum and kick ass, and I am all out of bubble gum.

I'll be your huckleberry. Doc Holiday

Boards don't punch back. Bruce Lee

Egg Nog? HATE IT! However, I am told that a good quantity of a good quality rum makes it.

I love eggnog. Dark rum and/or good Kentucky bourbon make it for sure. I'm looking forward to trying your recipe this weekend. Don't think for a minute that I won't tell guests it's a century old family recipe and leave them to believe I'm talking about MY family! Cheers.

Even store bought with a touch of Gentleman Jack ain't bad or so I been told.

Now I feel like I cheated buying that big bottle of Evan Williams.
    "You don't know what you don't know," this is both an affront to the ego and a provocation to the spirit.

Nope. You always do right by yourself with a big 'ole 1.75 of Willie Evans. Cures what ails ya. ;-)

Egg Nog is nature's most perfect food
    "We should always try to do the right thing and the moral thing and the legal thing, but first we should do the SMART thing."
    --John S. Farnam
    Defense Training International

Quote Originally Posted by volman View Post
    I love eggnog. Dark rum and/or good Kentucky bourbon make it for sure. I'm looking forward to trying your recipe this weekend. Don't think for a minute that I won't tell guests it's a century old family recipe and leave them to believe I'm talking about MY family! Cheers.
    My wife does that to :)

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

I must like this bunch-first time I have give the recipe up