Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Watson View Post
    I hope to read it in May, I tried to order via amazon UK and after a month of waiting and it not arriving I canceled today. I bet it is a great book.
    Bruce, I don't know if you have a Kindle or a Kindle app on any computer, but digital copies are available now. I bought a copy about a month ago and very much enjoyed it.

Dave, I really enjoyed your book. I knew virtually nothing about WWII in the middle east or what happened in south Asia after WWII. I was happy to learn about little about this history in addition to learning about Grant-Taylor. Thanks for bringing this book to the attention of the forum.
    "Consequence outweighs probability." - Blaise Pascal

Hi guys

Bruce; sorry to hear that. The book is widely available in the UK - and Kindle versions are available. I do know that Amazon had to do a re-order quickly so maybe it had something to do with that? What I can tell you - and what I'm very excited about is that it is released directly onto the US market in April (15th I've been told). So people will be able to walk into a store and buy it off the shelf. Hope that helps (a bit).

Pangloss many thanks mate. Much appreciated and I'm glad you enjoyed it. Its positive comments from the readers that make it all worth while.

Cheers

David
    I'm good at what I do - unfortunately what I do isn't very nice!! - Wolverine

Just downloaded my copy.
    You can prevent your opponent from defeating you through defense, but you cannot defeat him without taking the offensive.
    - Sun Tzu

Just finished the Kindle version, and that was a very good book!!!!! I can tell you did a bunch of research!!!!! Can't wait for a hard copy!!!!!!!
    HONOR
    all else

Gentlemen

you are all very kind. If you liked it, and if you have the time, I'd be grateful if people could post some (hopefully) favourable reviews on Amazon. I realise that its a big ask - as its not everybody's thing doing reviews, but it would mean a lot to help get G-T's story "out there" even more and raise a few pennies for a veterans charity here in the UK.

There is also the possibility that I may be doing another Grant-Taylor Lecture sometime this year if the organisers can pick a country and facilities that are suitable for the event. We'll see....

Many thanks

David

Dave thanks for the info, I think I am going to wait for it to be released in the US, and it is one that I want to keep on my shelf along with my books on Fairbairn.

Just finished it on kindle, great read. Well done!

Finished reading it and gave you 5 stars on Kindle, thanks for the read.
    You can prevent your opponent from defeating you through defense, but you cannot defeat him without taking the offensive.
    - Sun Tzu

Thanks guys!

You are all awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by DAVE A View Post
    If you liked it, and if you have the time, I'd be grateful if people could post some (hopefully) favourable reviews on Amazon. I realise that its a big ask - as its not everybody's thing doing reviews, but it would mean a lot to help get G-T's story "out there" even more and raise a few pennies for a veterans charity here in the UK.
    Done and happy to do it!
    "Consequence outweighs probability." - Blaise Pascal