Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Jeez...

Doesn't anyone read *proper* paper books anymore. No. Just me then....

Daniel - in answer to your question. Whilst At Close Quarters is fundamentally Grant-Taylor's biography, there are several chapters where the book goes into the detail of his shooting method and how he developed it over the years. Without giving too much away and spoiling the read, I think there will be enough in there for most afficiandos of CQB. Plus one or two surprises.....

Hope that helps.
    I'm good at what I do - unfortunately what I do isn't very nice!! - Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by DAVE A View Post
    Jeez...

Daniel - in answer to your question. Whilst At Close Quarters is fundamentally Grant-Taylor's biography, there are several chapters where the book goes into the detail of his shooting method and how he developed it over the years. Without giving too much away and spoiling the read, I think there will be enough in there for most afficiandos of CQB. Plus one or two surprises.....

Hope that helps.
    Thanks for the reply

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Harris View Post
    .....just what I need...ANOTHER book to read....
    Whatsa matter? Your lips get tired reading that much??

I keed, I keed. OTOH, I do believe in expressing Systema-ic camaraderie by asking a fellow player for some "love" meaning "heets."

The cover for the new book. Hope people like it.

Book cover.jpg

Reston, VA (via Social Democratic Germany)
    Quote Originally Posted by DAVE A View Post
    Jeez...

--Dave,

I for one still like to read books the old-fashioned way and haven't invested in a Kindle yet.

Thanks for sharing, looking forward to reading it in the near future, thanks for sharing, cheers mate!
    Hooah, God bless, and Fight On,

TrojanSkyCop1
    DDM and recovering former JBGT
    I'm no longer with the government, but I'm still here to help

ERIN GO BRAGH and ALBA GU BRATH!

Quote Originally Posted by TrojanSkyCop1 View Post
    --Dave,

I for one still like to read books the old-fashioned way and haven't invested in a Kindle yet.

Thanks for sharing, looking forward to reading it in the near future, thanks for sharing, cheers mate!
    Hi mate

I agree - reading the old fashioned way is the style for me also.....but I do recognise that the World has moved on and technology has made its mark also. Horses for courses and all that.......as long as they read the damned book!!!

many thanks for your kind words and support and I hope you enjoy and we get Grant-Taylor's true story out into the world of CQB shooting and close combat....and hopefully a wider audience too.

Cheers

David

Guys

I confess the publishing business is a mystery to me, but due to printing schedules the first edition copies will be out late September rather than the 1st. Still after 5 years a few more weeks is nothing......

Thank you for your patience and i will keep interested parties updated.

I've pre-ordered so I'll be keeping an eye on the mail box around the end of September.

I'm hoping a Kindle, Nook, some sort of ebook is available soon after the release. I read, on average, a book a week. However I haven't read a paper book in years. I do most of my reading at night in bed. Wife can't sleep if I have a light on, so ebooks are the only option I have left. No, the "experience" of reading isn't the same- but it isn't too bad once you get used to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabe Suarez View Post
    You will not defeat evil with good...that is a f*cking lie. You defeat evil by cheating the rules. By sneaking up behind evil and cutting its frigging throat while its drinking a beer. Its ugly and smelly and necessary...

And I am so sick of people that have never risked anything questioning how evil is found, fixed, and f*cked!!!

Gentlemen,

Latest update from the publishers.

Due to the hokey way that the book business works, there has been another delay of a few weeks before At Close Quarters is on the shelves. It is edited, proofed, indexed and is currently being printed as we speak. Which is very exciting news.

However, the guys at Fonthill inform me that it will be available at all good bookstores in time for end of October/first week in November. Several people from the US have informed me that their book providers have set a release date of 2014 in the US market.

The sales director at Fonthill has recommend that US readers can use www.bookdepository.co.uk As they ship free of charge all over the world. Which is good news for everyone and means that you can get ACQ virtually as soon as it is released over here.

I'll keep people updated with any new information. Many thanks for you patience, support and kind words.

David
    Last edited by DAVE A; 09-07-2013 at 06:36 AM.