Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Swamp Fox Guest

Default Biggest Divide In America = Guns

Democrats and Republicans disagree on many things, but the biggest dispute seems to be over guns.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/theova...taxes/1876583/

USA Today, a known anti-gun paper that stated that "gun owners have made a pact with the devil" after the Aurora shooting. Of course they're going to say that guns are biggest dividing factor, they don't want anyone but themselves to have them!

I doubt the reality of that statement and the implications, they don't cite a source, they don't state what their sample pool was, just more PC BS to support their own willful retardation

That's not my biggest divide....
    I shamelessly profile. Extensively and all day long. It is what I credit my survival to.

I would say them being a liberal spineless lower than dog crap retards would be the biggest divide they have with me; but that is just me!
    I rather you hated me for who I am than love me for who I ain't!
    This Ain't the Movies, and You Ain't John Wayne!

Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a 12 pound sledgehammer!
    TRAIN HARD= SOONER OR LATER YOU"LL NEED IT!

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Kirkland View Post
    USA Today, a known anti-gun paper that stated that "gun owners have made a pact with the devil"
    I guess they would be experts on the devil even if they don't know all his friends, he is also a liar don't you know.
    Is God Politically Correct? If not should you be? - F. Huff -- God is unchanging in His love. He loves you. He has a plan for your life. Don't let the newspaper headlines frighten you. God is still sovereign; He's still on the throne. - B. Graham -- No statement should be believed because it is made by an authority. - Robert A. Heinlein

L. Neil Smith's essay, Why Did it Have to be ... Guns?
    explains nicely why this is a divide:
    If a politician isn't perfectly comfortable with the idea of his average constituent, any man, woman, or responsible child, walking into a hardware store and paying cash—for any rifle, shotgun, handgun, machinegun, anything—without producing ID or signing one scrap of paper, he isn't your friend no matter what he tells you.
    If he isn't genuinely enthusiastic about his average constituent stuffing that weapon into a purse or pocket or tucking it under a coat and walking home without asking anybody's permission, he's a four-flusher, no matter what he claims.
    What his attitude—toward your ownership and use of weapons—conveys is his real attitude about you. And if he doesn't trust you, then why in the name of John Moses Browning should you trust him?

Armed Puritan

Quote Originally Posted by TFA303 View Post
    L. Neil Smith's essay, Why Did it Have to be ... Guns?
    explains nicely why this is a divide:

TRUTH !!

Saladin

Guns are only a symbol of the true divide - individual freedom and independence.

Guns symbolize a distrust of big government and the nanny-state. Gun owners generally, stereo-typically if you will, see themselves as independent, free men (and women) who choose their own course through life. Choosing to own firearms, whether to hunt (provising food) or for protection purposes (from crime or tyranny) is an intellectual extension of that choice - their independence.

The gun-grabbers on the other hand, see guns as a symbol of rejection of that which they believe is right and true. On an intellectual level, removing firearms from society, except for those in the hands of "the State", is a means of ensuring compliance with their ideology. However, there is a deeply emotional level too for them, since a rejection of their ideology is perceived as a rejection of them individually and collectively.

Very well put, P.D.!!!

I would say its 70/30...70% of Republicans are gun owners..and 30% of Democrats are....its more an elite vs the sheeple fight...they think they know everything and we should do what they want....and we are stupid so we can not be trusted with anything....that is how I see this playing out...and I think it is changing some of the hope and changers....