Default Nutrition: The Zone

A buddy of mine just went to a Cross Fit certification seminar. He says that Cross Fit promotes The Zone nutrition/diet system for high performance athletes, etc. If I am not mistaken the premise is something like 40% carbs, 30% protein and 30% fat. Seems like an awful lot of fat.

Anybody got any experience and/or thoughts on this?
    “This is a war and we are soldiers. Death can come for us at anytime, and in anyplace.” - Morpheus

"There are no silver medals on the world's mean streets." - CWS

I follow a sloppy version of The Zone. Read Sears' "Enter the Zone" to get a sense of what it is about. I think it is pretty sharp.

Do note that the 30% fats prefers healthy fats like olive oil, macadamia nuts, hummus, etc.

BTW last time I checked (and I am past due to check again) my cholesterol was 168 (15-20 eggs a week too) and my HDL and LDL and triglyceride numbers were all very good.

I don't do it, nor am I on any diet other than the see-food diet, but most all of the CrossFit devotees swear by it. I've heard nothing but good comments from all who do it. It is 40-30-30.
    **Mike Ronin on FaceBook**

**Spero optimus instruo pro pessimus**

**Out of destruction rises opportunity. We are only defeated when we give up. Never, ever give up. (Phil 4:13)**