Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default TSD Grab N Stab or Bowie?

Looking to get my first TSD knife and like the look of both. With the Father's Day special on the GNS and the intro pricing on the Bowie, it seems like a good time to buy. The question is which one.

Looking for a good utility knife/all-purpose knife. I like the Bowie, but concerned its going to be too big to wear on my battle belt. I really like the GNS that TSD has, but don't want to sell myself too short.

The other option is going with the ESEE 5 knife, which I've been drooling over for awhile.

Thoughts?

Get the grab n stab bro!! It will be a daily use knife ! At least thats what I would do! Good luck and let us know what you end up with.

Ps. Like C sed if you can, get both!
    Last edited by aklovinguy; 06-16-2012 at 05:59 PM.
    SI classes taken, krg, warrior weekend...

Quote Originally Posted by 50BMG View Post
    Looking to get my first TSD knife and like the look of both. With the Father's Day special on the GNS and the intro pricing on the Bowie, it seems like a good time to buy. The question is which one.

Looking for a good utility knife/all-purpose knife..... The other option is going with the ESEE 5 knife, which I've been drooling over for awhile.

Thoughts?
    I very much like to support OST, but with the criteria you laid out, I think the ESEE would be the best choice. I have the GNS and like it a lot. It actually has replaced my ESEE 3 as my EDC. However, it was designed as an EDC fighter, NOT a utility knife. Even Gabe points this out Here. Also, the new TSD knife is in the same category I would image, designed a a big fighter more than multi-purpose. However, I assume it would be more universal while still lending to fighting.

The problem is most knives are slightly specific with there design and purpose. A jack of all trades is the master at none. Decide what you want and how you think you will use it most. Then pick from there. METT-TC still applies.
    Remember - When seconds count, the police are only minutes away....
    Glock Certified Armorer
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor

I have a GNS on the way. I will carry it a lot more. Don't think you can make a bad choice with how they are priced right now.
    Maybe flip a coin.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2
    CRG
    July 2011
    KRG
    May 2015

If you want a general use knife, the gns is probably not the best choice. It is a purpose built knife (designed to grab and stab). I love both of mine, and I carry them as defensive weapons for retention. I will be picking up a UFK as my knife to use for camp chores and general use on the battle belt.

If the blade geometry on the TSD Bowie is at all reasonable, it will make a nice general purpose knife, and I'd go that way. I'm hoping the sheath can be rigged for concealed carry with minor effort.
    Ceterum autem censeo, Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    If the blade geometry on the TSD Bowie is at all reasonable, it will make a nice general purpose knife, and I'd go that way. I'm hoping the sheath can be rigged for concealed carry with minor effort.
    For some reason, I feel the need to be able to carry out concealed as well:)... Good to hear I'm not the only one!

Quote Originally Posted by Sigfan22 View Post
    For some reason, I feel the need to be able to carry out concealed as well:)... Good to hear I'm not the only one!
    If that sheath doesn't work for concealed carry, a Southern Comfort will :-)
    Ceterum autem censeo, Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    If that sheath doesn't work for concealed carry, a Southern Comfort will :-)
    I have a design that I want dale fricke to make for me. Who makes the southern comfort?

Mike Sastre, river city sheaths
    PSP
    FRS
    FOF
    CRG
    ARG
    0-5