PDA

View Full Version : The Grab N Stab - READ

Gabriel Suarez
05-08-2012, 09:19 AM
Gents. The Grab N Stab is made for one thing and one thing only....grabbing a shirt and stabbing a neck...or other soft tissue.

It is NOT a survival knife.
It is NOT a tool.
It is NOT for f**** with rope
It is NOT for prying

If YOU F-up your knife, do not think for one second that I will take it back. I will put it back in the box you sent it in and send it right back to you. Read the paperwork that comes with it and don't be an idiot. To wit -

TSD COMBAT SYSTEMS KNIFE - THE GRAB N' STAB

The knife you hold in your hand is a purpose designed proactive fighting knife. Its use is paleolithic -intuitive. No art or clever knife drills are needed, just aggression, violence, and a point. This knife is perfectly suitable for the military or police operator, or for anyone going into harm’s way.

The blade, a modified Wharncliffe is designed to puncture well, but also to cut as it penetrates. The carefully designed handle facilitates any sort of grip and will support any action with the knife. This grip is hard anodized aluminum designed to stay in your hand.

Specifications

Overall Length (inches): 8.25
Blade Length (inches): 3.95
Blade Material: 01 Tool Steel, Black Oxide, 59-60 RC
Blade Detail: GNS Blade Profile,
Handle Material: Hard Anodized Aluminum With TSD grip Texture
Carry System: Black Kydex Sheath (with Tek-Lock and various other carry options)
Some things to consider. This knife is not a workman’s tool, an outdoorsman’s knife, a prybar, nor a throwing knife. Abusing the knife will void any warranty. Do not abuse the knife and it will serve you for many years. As stated, the knife is made of 01 carbon tool steel. It will rust if not cared for, but it is not something you need to stay up at night worrying about. It is the user's responsibility to keep the blades properly lubricated and cleaned. Any rust inhibitor will work fine…even simple olive oil will work to a degree.

The knife comes with a working edge. The end user can leave it as is or configure the edge to his or her own personal needs. The handles are designed to be easily removed, facilitating thorough cleaning in the field of any pathogens by removing the handle scales. The screws that can be removed with a simple dime. Be careful to not mar the screws with an improper sized screwdriver.

Warranty: We stand behind our blades 100%. We warrant that our knives are free from defects in workmanship and materials. This warranty does not cover normal wear and tear, necessary re-sharpening of the blade, damage caused by misuse, lack of normal maintenance, or disassembly.

Necessary Disclaimer - This knife is sold for training and conceptual purposes only and neither the maker nor the seller assumes any liability of any form for its misuse by anyone, anyplace.

WWW.TSDCOMBATSYSTEMS.COM

RatDrall
05-08-2012, 10:12 AM
How do you break a blade made of O1 tool steel...Are people using them to pry rocks apart, or batoning them through a curb?

Dorkface
05-08-2012, 10:18 AM
I was wondering the same thing lol. When I hold mine I don't have thoughts of whittling sticks for a figure four trap or... any general activities really... It just seems to scream "STAB SOMETHING!!" lol

Tom Cornelius
05-08-2012, 10:18 AM
You would be suprised...

T

bae
05-08-2012, 10:20 AM
I carried my Gen 1 G&S as a general purpose utility knife for months, and it somehow survived, and even managed to cut things. I must confess I dropped it onto the carpet once or twice, and it didn't break in half.

What sort of abuse are people subjecting these to? Are they doing test-to-destruction youtube videos or something?

chad newton
05-08-2012, 10:58 AM
Wtf is wrong with some people. Get a trainer for training, carry the real thing for killing people.

boopee12
05-08-2012, 11:09 AM
That's why I carry 3 knives. Two are for general use, but my GNS(which is the fastest access) is for as the name implies: Grabbing & Stabbing:veryhappy:

Wilburt
05-08-2012, 11:14 AM
I bought my GnS to replace my ESEE 3 for general carry. It came with a small chip in the blade, so I contacted Tom who agreed to take it back and fix it. However, I never sent it back due to not really caring. I bought it to stab and a task here and there. The small chip in the blade didn't really bother me. Also, I have broken the tip a bit. Honestly, I don't even know when. I have no use for a knife that I can't use here and there when I need to.

You don't here me complaining! I don't always use it as Gabe intended, therefor I take responsibility if it breaks. Novel concept these days to take responsibility for your actions.

BigEd63
05-08-2012, 12:36 PM
I carried my Gen 1 G&S as a general purpose utility knife for months, and it somehow survived, and even managed to cut things. I must confess I dropped it onto the carpet once or twice, and it didn't break in half.

What sort of abuse are people subjecting these to? Are they doing test-to-destruction youtube videos or something?

I think some people could break a cannon ball. I don't have a G&S yet. But I have an original Ag Russel Sting1A boot knife I used to carry. About razor thin near the tip very flat stainless. Never broke it in the years I carried it, used it for various cutting tasks..... but never a chisel, screwdriver or mini crowbar.

And by design and materials it is less durable than the G&S.

A knife is a cutting tool not a splitting wedge, tent peg or railroad spike.

CCK
05-08-2012, 03:05 PM
using the blade to pry things is silly no doubt. but I remember reading a blog post around the time the first GnS was T&E'ing and Gabe said use your one knife for everything. So cutting rope, bushwork, doesn't seem out of line at all.

Having said that Gabe can obviously disallow any and all warranty claims that he so chooses.

Chris

ETA:
From the thread "Ten Points on Using a Fighting Knife"http://www.warriortalk.com/showthread.php?56100-Ten-Points-On-Using-A-Fighting-Knife
10). Contrary to the advice of others, use your fighting knife for everything. From opening letters to cutting cheese or tomatoes. Handle your knife daily, keep it sharp, keep it handy. make accessing it as natural as scratching your butt.

Wilburt
05-08-2012, 03:22 PM
10). Contrary to the advice of others, use your fighting knife for everything. From opening letters to cutting cheese or tomatoes. Handle your knife daily, keep it sharp, keep it handy. make accessing it as natural as scratching your butt.

Yep, my point exactly. This version GnS doesn't do this as well as some. However, it fights better.

Gabriel Suarez
05-08-2012, 03:36 PM
using the blade to pry things is silly no doubt. but I remember reading a blog post around the time the first GnS was T&E'ing and Gabe said use your one knife for everything. So cutting rope, bushwork, doesn't seem out of line at all..........................................

And yet dear CCK, if the intent of the knife was to use it for everything from cutting rope and bushwork to chopping down a tree, it would look like this - and not like a thin straight razor.

Moreover, it would not carry the description it does nor the warning to not abuse it. The problem is that some people don't know how to read.

CCK
05-08-2012, 03:43 PM
I don't dispute that Gabe. But I haven't seen you taking pics of you EDCing that one and I have of the GnS.
and it goes back to point 4 from the referenced thread.
"4). Since few of us go about with a 10" bowie"

and your post further down:

"Its the same with a knife. If I have cut my steak with it, opened my letters, cut open a box from eastern europe, or whatever, I know exactly its condition...when it needs to be oiled, sharpened, cleaned or what ever."

again, its your company, your product, etc. you can do what you wish with the knives that are returned but I don't think people who expect that you could do all of the above are now being told that it is for stabbing only are crazy.

Gabriel Suarez
05-08-2012, 03:48 PM
How would you know what I EDC or not bro? I EDC a green handled Grab N Stab and you know what....I also carry a folder for general BS work.

Listen The Grab n Stab is NOT a Utility Knife....it is not intended or sold as a utility knife....guys that want a utility knife should not buy it.

I just don't know how plainer I can make it. As a special purpose tool, it has no peer. For chopping down trees, the buyer has made a serious error.

bae
05-08-2012, 03:56 PM
Gabe, I just went out back and whipped up a more robust prototype knife that you could perhaps offer for a certain sort of customer... Let me know how many you need :-)

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-k3312KG3oic/T6mjmI1OETI/AAAAAAAAFak/hNadHrzAQmY/s640/Awesomized.jpg

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-dppyH_6L-gY/T6mjr3MZX_I/AAAAAAAAFac/89yA5uMovHE/s640/Awesomized.jpg

Gabriel Suarez
05-08-2012, 03:57 PM
"If I have cut my steak with it, opened my letters, cut open a box "

I don't see any problem with any of those tasks. Let me repost in case you didn't see the OP -

Some things to consider. This knife is not a workman’s tool, an outdoorsman’s knife, a prybar, nor a throwing knife. Abusing the knife will void any warranty. Do not abuse the knife and it will serve you for many years. As stated, the knife is made of 01 carbon tool steel. It will rust if not cared for, but it is not something you need to stay up at night worrying about.

And again

It is NOT a survival knife.
It is NOT a tool.
It is NOT for f**** with rope
It is NOT for prying

This isn't Walmart bro. Incidentally, unless you bought one from our dealer, I don't see your order for a GNS.:rolleyes: