PDA

View Full Version : Grab N Stab Special Edition

Gabriel Suarez
04-03-2012, 02:05 PM
http://www.onesourcetactical.com/images/products/detail/DSC_06311.jpg

TSD COMBAT SYSTEMS KNIFE - THE GRAB N' STAB SPECIAL EDITION (http://www.onesourcetactical.com/infideledgeworks-thegrabnstab-1-2.aspx)

Comtechian
04-07-2012, 08:42 PM
Being new here I would say that I'm probably missing a little history on this design, but from the design of the handle in relation to the edge I'd say that we're looking at a reverse grip edge in fighter.

I don't have any wharncliffe style blades in my collection, but it looks like this particular design would effectively introduce the point not so much on the extension of the stroke but on the retraction; more of a clawing stroke rather than a straight on stab. Of course I say that not because of practical experience but on the basis of the picture.

It appears that having the point extending from below the center line of the blade could introduce the point into the target more directly without breaking the wrist to angle the point if it were on the center line or above it.

Is this correct? Or am I reading too much into it?

AlexSpartan
04-07-2012, 09:28 PM
Being new here I would say that I'm probably missing a little history on this design, but from the design of the handle in relation to the edge I'd say that we're looking at a reverse grip edge in fighter.

I don't have any wharncliffe style blades in my collection, but it looks like this particular design would effectively introduce the point not so much on the extension of the stroke but on the retraction; more of a clawing stroke rather than a straight on stab. Of course I say that not because of practical experience but on the basis of the picture.

It appears that having the point extending from below the center line of the blade could introduce the point into the target more directly without breaking the wrist to angle the point if it were on the center line or above it.

Is this correct? Or am I reading too much into it?

this design works with all grips, but is designed with standard grip edge in. Or out. Or any way.