PDA

View Full Version : Opinion of Benchmade SOCP as a grab n stab candidate?

gremlin
01-18-2012, 12:14 PM
Any thoughts? Interesting also in that it comes with its own trainer. Cost is less than that of Pikal, comparable to Endura. I seached but nothing came back.

Mike Heckathorn
01-18-2012, 05:03 PM
They are great for a stabber, but not much else. Limited use on anything other than an lbe (sits too deep iwb with the provided sheath). The knife also has almost no edge. It is great for amolle vest as a gtfo! weapon, but lacks the utility of a true edged weapon.

cavegeo
01-18-2012, 05:27 PM
I would suggest you just wait until Gabe puts out his next versions of the Grab an Stab.

OdieWon
01-18-2012, 05:40 PM
I would suggest you just wait until Gabe puts out his next versions of the Grab an Stab.

Duh. I don't plan on buying any more knives until the GnS comes out again. This is a no brainer.

gremlin
01-18-2012, 07:51 PM
Thanks for your thoughts, off topic, but does anyone know if Gabe is going to do a trainer of the G&S?

TheGrayMan214
01-23-2012, 10:02 AM
Greg Thompson, designer of the SOCP dagger and the SOCP Program itself, is my BJJ Instructor. Great guy. Great Trainer... Yet I'm still waiting for the GNS as a primary carry blade, though I have ordered an SOCP dagger to go on my kit as a secondary.

Tengu Joker
01-25-2012, 10:48 AM
The SOCP was designed as a "GET OFF ME !!!" and is supposed to be used to gain distance and time to get to a firearm( the thinness allows you to grab a firearm and not have to drop it), the GnS is more of a "Shank that SOB" blade. I like the SOCP but I have something in my mind that is similar but a wharncliffe that I'm gonna make...