PDA

View Full Version : Smith & Wesson M&P Section At OST

Gabe Suarez
12-14-2011, 03:12 PM
Yeah...its there alright.

S&W M&P (http://www.onesourcetactical.com/smithandwessonmandp.aspx)

More to follow.

Dale Hunter
12-14-2011, 05:19 PM
The addition of Apex parts make the M&P rank right up there with a Glock performance-wise.

Alex Nieuwland
12-14-2011, 05:41 PM
Good call!

Riz58
12-15-2011, 09:25 AM
Already put the Apex enchancements on my Christmas list!

JoeB40
12-15-2011, 04:27 PM
Gabe; you should sell a boat load of these. Good call!

Apex parts have really improved the performance of my M&P.

temposhot
12-16-2011, 10:21 AM
Heck yeah. I was planning on putting in an order for the ejector through MidwayUsa. Guess who's getting that business, especially since I wanted to pick up a HSGI taco mag pouch and maybe a magazine or three.

denn1911
12-31-2011, 07:26 PM
Will we see OST RMR Equipped M&P Slides in the near future?

mongooseman
01-03-2012, 05:27 PM
Gabe, any plans to have your smiths perform the Apex upgrades? Will OST be selling packages that allow the customer to select a basic gun then add sights, finish, etc?

Riz58
01-06-2012, 03:16 PM
I installed the Apex hard sear and the Ultimate Striker Block on my 40c and 40fs pistols last night. Wow! What a difference! The trigger is now smooth as butter, no gritty feed, the trigger pull wt is reduced (I did not install the duty carry springs), reset is more crisp, etc. My son asked me after install, "Dad, how long are you going to keep playing with those triggers?" All dry fire right now, but to the range this weekend.

BTW, very prompt shipment from OST.

Jaybo
01-07-2012, 12:03 PM
I'll have to add the Duty/Carry parts for my Fotay to my shopping list. If I like it as much as I think I will, Dad's .357 will be next. One thing that caught my eye was a review on Midway's site where a user mentioned that the trigger pull kept lightening over time to "too light" levels. Worth watching.

Riz58
01-07-2012, 01:24 PM
a user mentioned that the trigger pull kept lightening over time to "too light" levels. Worth watching.
If that is the case, I will put in the springs that came with the duty kit and restore it to previous levels. The trigger pull without the duty springs comes to between 4.25 and 4.5 pounds. The springs add a pound or so. But right now, wow, is all I have to say!

Jaybo
01-07-2012, 02:06 PM
Did you need any exotic tools for the upgrade? I'll be watching the vids to see how they do it, but just curious.

denn1911
01-07-2012, 04:21 PM
I'll have to add the Duty/Carry parts for my Fotay to my shopping list. If I like it as much as I think I will, Dad's .357 will be next. One thing that caught my eye was a review on Midway's site where a user mentioned that the trigger pull kept lightening over time to "too light" levels. Worth watching.

My duty kit enhanced M&P lightened up about 2.5 lbs. (6.5 lb. avg. to 4 lb. avg. pull weight) as I approached 4,000 rounds. I was told that installing a new trigger return spring would increase the pull weight again. I haven't done so yet but will likely do so in the next day or two.

fbates
01-08-2012, 04:43 AM
Did you need any exotic tools for the upgrade? I'll be watching the vids to see how they do it, but just curious.

I installed an Apex DCAEK, RAM, and FRE yesterday, and a set of Trijicon HD sights on my M&P 40FS. I watched the Apex videos as a guide. Besides roll pin punches I got from Brownells, the only "special tool" was the dovetail device inserted in the rear sight channel to hold the small disc in place until it gets covered with the rear sight. It's included in the DCAEK package, but a finger also works. It took me about twice the time to put in the parts as I expected, but the difference is remarkable. As has been posted elsewhere, it's very Glock-like, and very smooth. Nice kit. I'll see how it shoots today.