PDA

View Full Version : Glock E-Frame Recall / Enhancement

dusty_dragon
12-04-2011, 07:12 AM
hey glock-friends,
need your help and advice.

i stumbled over the so called "e-frame-recall" in the i-net and checked the serial numbers of my G17 and G19, just to be on the save side.

i have no E-frame(s), so i suppose i'm lucky.

but i read that even late D-frame and early F-frame models can be affected. is that true?
perhaps you can help calming me down:

1)
does anyone have a complete list of serial numbers affected by the E-frame-subject?

2)
i also read something about longer and shorter rear slide rails of the D-frame models, they changed the angle and the production process there.
how can i differ if the rails on my D-frame model are shorter or longer (how long is "short" or "long"?)

3)
how can i be sure that my D-frame G19 (early 3rd gen. 2 pin-version) is one / or is not one of the late D-frame models with which the problems having started to occur? What is a high / late D-frame number?

4)
is the problem still just concerning guns manufactured from sept. 2001 to may 2002, or is the time period getting longer with new cases of cracked rear slide rails?

thanks for your help
dusty

WadeP
12-04-2011, 08:07 AM
No, Glock has never published a list but anywhere you "look" says that the SN range is EKA - EVR. If you're concerned, call Glock and check for yourself. If your gun is affected, send it in and get a new frame. If not, I think you're worrying a lot about nothing.

dusty_dragon
12-04-2011, 09:30 AM
okay, do you know if the problem startet when switching from the longer rear slide rails to the shorter rear slide rails?

ar all rear slide rails on the full size G17 and the compact G19 equally long?

dusty_dragon
12-05-2011, 04:55 AM
called glock today, no late d-frames or early f-frames were affected, just e-frame-series, so everything is okay with mine, thanks to all of you

Jethro Bodine
12-09-2011, 07:15 PM
I have a G30 under the "E series" recall. I just called Glock when I bought it, it took them a minute or two to verify if it was under recall (it was) and they gave me details on how to mail it back. Really just call them....they are real nice people.

dusty_dragon
12-10-2011, 03:51 AM
that's exactly what i did, really great customer-service, outstanding.
took 2-3 min. to verify my 2 glocks are okay and never where affected by any recall.

thanks to all of you, have a great weekend
dusty