PDA

View Full Version : Handgun Combatives

ruralpatrol
12-28-2003, 12:52 PM
Check out " Handgun Combatives " by Dave Spaulding.
Spaulding is a Lt. with the Montgomery Co. Ohio Sheriff's Office,
contributing author for several magazines and instructor at Ohio's Tactical Defense Institute (www.tdiohio.com) This book is available from looseleaf law inc.
great reading for new or experienced. :)

Leonidas
12-28-2003, 01:06 PM
Isn't he the author who recently was announcing that the SUL is not a viable position in the Clint Smith magazine?? Sounds kinda like a close-minded guy to me.

Leo

MTS
12-28-2003, 02:47 PM
Isn't he the author who recently was announcing that the SUL is not a viable position in the Clint Smith magazine?? Sounds kinda like a close-minded guy to me.

Leo
This came up in a SUL thread here and I covered it but I'll go through it again.

I had spoken to Dave about two weeks before I the magazine came out and he had told me about the article he had written about some of the things being done in the training marketplace and SUL came up.

I demonstrated to him how Gabe teaches SUL to be used and he was OK with it.

I got the magazine, had the same response as everyone else and emailed him.

He wrote back to me and said that his problem with SUL that he was addressing in the article was that some instructors are teaching it as the "ONE & ONLY" ready position not as a "tool in the toolbox" thing.

Unfortunatly the article does not make that clear. I invited Dave to come into the SUL thread and clear things but he chose not to.