PDA

View Full Version : Coming Soon - TSD/Blade-Tech

Gabriel Suarez
09-14-2011, 04:09 PM
http://www.onesourcetactical.com/images/products/detail/HorizMagPouch.jpg

In collaboration with Blade-Tech, we will be offering the A-IWB Holster for RMR-Equipped Pistols in a few weeks. The Magazine Pouch system is available now.

http://www.onesourcetactical.com/singlemagazinepouchwithbeltclip-1.aspx

debate225
09-14-2011, 04:34 PM
I take it this is an alternate, rather than replacement, for the Seraphims you have in your inventory? :)

Grey Man
09-14-2011, 05:13 PM
I take it this is an alternate, rather than replacement, for the Seraphims you have in your inventory? :)

That was my question as well.

Photoman
09-14-2011, 05:16 PM
Variety is the spice of life. :)

With that being said, pick one and stick with it! What I'm wanting to know is how on earth does one cover up all that equipment?!

Mike Heckathorn
09-14-2011, 05:18 PM

That was my question as well.
Mine too...

Mike Heckathorn
09-14-2011, 05:19 PM
Variety is the spice of life. :)

With that being said, pick one and stick with it! What I'm wanting to know is how on earth does one cover up all that equipment?!
With a shirt.

Gabriel Suarez
09-14-2011, 05:23 PM

Seraphims are not going away. But BT suggested we do this with them as well and such it is with these things.

Gabriel Suarez
09-14-2011, 05:24 PM
Yup...with a shirt. That is my 32", Crossfit, Kettlebell Swinging, 51 year old waist by the by.

CharleyVCU1988
09-14-2011, 05:44 PM
Out of curiosity, Gabe, have you tried wearing twin RMR'ed glocks? You're at the same waist size as I am and I'm looking at doing a dual AIWB setup with both Glock 19s RMRed.

Gabriel Suarez
09-14-2011, 06:02 PM
Yeah...I have. Its OK, but between the AKs in my car, house, and office, plus the asundry Glocks, etc., I really don't feel the need to carry more than one.

BTW, gents...you will see a great deal of collaboration between TSD and Blade-Tech in the future. The WRS and WRS X300 were the first. The mag pouch is the latest, and the RMR AIWB is the next one. The guys at Sonny's Spetsnaz class saw it and know what it brings to the table.

Photoman
09-14-2011, 06:58 PM
With a shirt.

Seriously, how many men can wear clothing that would ~effectively~ conceal that rig in their daily life? Most people are very limited in what they can wear on a daily basis and I can think of very few that would be able to effectively conceal that. I really appreciate the practical approach to training at SI but sometimes wonder how practical the equipment is.

Greg Nichols
09-14-2011, 07:19 PM
as long as your shirts aren't athletic cut or fitted any shirt will cover that little bit of stuff.

Mike Heckathorn
09-14-2011, 07:27 PM
Seriously, how many men can wear clothing that would ~effectively~ conceal that rig in their daily life? Most people are very limited in what they can wear on a daily basis and I can think of very few that would be able to effectively conceal that. I really appreciate the practical approach to training at SI but sometimes wonder how practical the equipment is.
I can... Well, sort of... I use a double horizontal mag pouch and a glock 34 or 19. A determined person will always fine a way. How do you dress?

Photoman
09-14-2011, 07:45 PM
I can... Well, sort of... I use a double horizontal mag pouch and a glock 34 or 19. A determined person will always fine a way. How do you dress?

I can get away with it as I am self-employed and can dress like a homeless guy with no sense of fashion. :)

I was thinking about the majority of people that have to wear a suit or a tucked in polo shirt or many of the other daily "uniforms" people have to wear to their "real" jobs.

TennDECA
09-14-2011, 07:58 PM
BTW, gents...you will see a great deal of collaboration between TSD and Blade-Tech in the future. The WRS and WRS X300 were the first. The mag pouch is the latest, and the RMR AIWB is the next one. .

Any chance of a "field holster" (ie, flap/covered holster) that can protect the gun from the elements when crawling through, rolling around, and just plain going prone in dirt/mud/sand/gravel/etc? Something to protect the gun during extended field maneuvers, but with a flap or cover that can be "tucked away" for fast access when you are actually engaged?

olywa
09-14-2011, 08:15 PM
I can get away with it as I am self-employed and can dress like a homeless guy with no sense of fashion. :)

I was thinking about the majority of people that have to wear a suit or a tucked in polo shirt or many of the other daily "uniforms" people have to wear to their "real" jobs.

I agree. If I worked in the gun industry it would not matter much what I wore. but I don't.

Gabriel Suarez
09-14-2011, 08:30 PM

Maybe not for you bro, but for the resty of us that works fine, and not only here in relatively sedate America but in various places around the world where life and death are far cheaper than the worst place in the USA. Practical? Please dude.

Gabriel Suarez
09-14-2011, 08:31 PM
as long as your shirts aren't athletic cut or fitted any shirt will cover that little bit of stuff.

Or unless you look like Jabba The Hut.

Gabriel Suarez
09-14-2011, 08:39 PM
Look...you jock strap holster guys...or ankle rig wearers, listen as far as practical and real jobs...let me see......

South America
Central America
Mexico
Czech and Slovakia
Africa
And lots of NPEs in between.

I once wore a rig exactly like this under a Soccer T-Shirt into a fourth world bar filled with "federales" drank a beer and nobody took a second look. Practical enough it seems.

Not to mention various other NPEs that I don't care to mention. Practical enough in places where if they know you are carrying, they will send ten guys to kill you and take it.:scared1:

If you define "practical" as a job where someone else gets to decide what you wear and how you look, then maybe there are other issues at play and this is not for you.

Maybe not practical for the greeters at Walmart...or for shoemakers in sedate places where your boss doesn't let you carry a gun. For those guys...sorry...I am not practical enough for you....I suggest talking to Massad Ayoob for a more realistic approach. :crying:

Toronaga
09-14-2011, 08:55 PM
Photoman,

I am just dying to know what you carry and how. You kicked over that can so show me what and how. If you don't, then you have no standing in the discussion.

If your dad...err, boss, doesn't let you carry, that does not make your job a real job, it just makes you subservient to another man's wishes. I carry in a manner just like shown in the pic every single day, and my job is real enough. And no its not a gun job, nor would it be approved of if it was known that I do.

Gabriel Suarez
09-14-2011, 08:56 PM
Jock strap holster. That's funny.

Not knowing the actual width/ bulk. How does the seraphim compare to the BT. Can that be discussed?

Exactly the same cut. Lighter and thinner kydex and available in the various BT colors.

Gabriel Suarez
09-14-2011, 09:09 PM
I am just dying to know what you carry and how.

kinda curious myself......

Gabriel Suarez
09-14-2011, 09:16 PM
Back to the OP...initially in black and later (soon), in any other colors other holsters available in.

Greg Nichols
09-14-2011, 09:56 PM
I have both DF and BT AIWB quality is comparable and fit and size. BT tends to roll together the muzzle end more than DF but I've found that the edges on the DF aren't as sharp which depending on weather I wear an undershirt or under shorts can effect the comfort, I'm not sure if this is due to the thinner product. I don't have an emotional bond with either both are outstanding products and my comment isn't made to say the BT is uncomfortable in any way.

Editing for content// I have the AA from Dale and I can't remember which BT design I picked up but I think it rides slightly lower than the AA and neither one is for the RMR package, just a standard holster.

Valvert Lucius Fox
09-14-2011, 10:09 PM

If a suit is called for, incorporate a vest which can cover the gun and mag/light pouch pretty well. Then you don't have to keep the jacket buttoned. On really hot days, I wear only a shirt, tie and vest for church. It's cooler that the jacket. Have worn the vest over polo shirt too though not often.

Greg Nichols
09-14-2011, 10:15 PM
:hijacked:.. ok this has given me an other idea I'm going to start a thread on concealing clothing that doesn't make a person look like a wierdo and I'll even post pictures of what I mean that way this thread can discuss this topic and that thread can discuss that topic OK now back to the BT RMR holsters

bae
09-14-2011, 10:17 PM
Seriously, how many men can wear clothing that would ~effectively~ conceal that rig in their daily life? Most people are very limited in what they can wear on a daily basis and I can think of very few that would be able to effectively conceal that.

I have no trouble concealing the Fricke version of that rig at the opera, at the governmental offices where I sometimes work, the beach, on my yacht, at the county fair herding livestock, or when making multi-million-dollar business deals.

And my waist-size is still a bit more "successful" than Mr. Suarez's, though I'm working on that :-)

YMMV.

Spiffy
09-15-2011, 04:06 AM
Any chance of a "field holster" (ie, flap/covered holster) that can protect the gun from the elements when crawling through, rolling around, and just plain going prone in dirt/mud/sand/gravel/etc? Something to protect the gun during extended field maneuvers, but with a flap or cover that can be "tucked away" for fast access when you are actually engaged?

Like a GSR handgun holster?

Photoman
09-15-2011, 06:17 AM
Photoman,

I am just dying to know what you carry and how. You kicked over that can so show me what and how. If you don't, then you have no standing in the discussion.

If your dad...err, boss, doesn't let you carry, that does not make your job a real job, it just makes you subservient to another man's wishes. I carry in a manner just like shown in the pic every single day, and my job is real enough. And no its not a gun job, nor would it be approved of if it was known that I do.

Glock 19 and spare mag in a DF AIWB or Raven OWB and a 642 in a Mika pocket holster. But like I've already said, I'm self-employed and can dress any way I want. Sorry to disappoint Gabe... I know you were looking forward to the pic of my J frame/Thunderwear combo... :wink:.

Gabriel Suarez
09-15-2011, 06:20 AM
Then how on earth is the BT any less "practical" (according to you) than the DF AIWB? Or do you have something against Blade-Tech themselves since its the same exact rig that I had Dale build for our RMR program?

I gotta agree with Kage...if you are under an employer's thumb, it is what it is, but that does not make such a state the norm.

Photoman
09-15-2011, 06:28 AM
Then how on earth is the BT any less "practical" (according to you) than the DF AIWB? Or do you have something against Blade-Tech themselves since its the same exact rig that I had Dale build for our RMR program?

I gotta agree with Kage...if you are under an employer's thumb, it is what it is, but that does not make such a state the norm.

I was just making the point that carrying a full size gun at 1 and spare mag at 11 is not practical (realistic?) for a lot of people out there.

p.s. Blade Tech makes great stuff. I've got one of there IWB's for a G26 and it's well made.

Gabriel Suarez
09-15-2011, 06:36 AM
I was just making the point that carrying a full size gun at 1 and spare mag at 11 is not practical (realistic?) for a lot of people out there..

Really? Like who? Successful people that call their own shots can carry anyway they want. Professionals can carry anyway they want. The only dress that precludes this is a business suit, which offers other methods of carry (simply moving the holster and pouch to the 4:00 - 8:00), or the guys that have to wear a uniform (and they will have a hard time carrying anything at all.

TSD people are self selecting and carry real weapons in anticipation of real fights. Some little pocket gun will do little more than make one feel good about their safety from maybe a teenaged mugger, but that is hardly the focus in the age of active shooters and terrorists.

Now, as CEO and Somewhat benevolent Dictator of WT I will not have any further thread derailment. Feel free to begin a new thread discussing how and what is "practical" for normal people. Here, we will continue with the discussion of the Blade Tech AIWB for the RMR TSD weapons.

SUA SPONTE
09-15-2011, 07:02 AM
Gabe,
Perhaps “Not practical or realistic” he is referring to those persons who don’t have room to do so because that real-estate is dedicated to “the successful life body”.

I have found that if you increase the size of the chest and decrease the size of the waste you can practically and easily conceal a TSD glock, a spare mag and even a grab and stab. But that of course takes sweat and dedication.

Cheers
T

Photoman
09-15-2011, 07:07 AM
Now, as CEO and Somewhat benevolent Dictator of WT I will not have any further thread derailment. Feel free to begin a new thread discussing how and what is "practical" for normal people. Here, we will continue with the discussion of the Blade Tech AIWB for the RMR TSD weapons.

Thank you for your patience and I do apologize for the drift.

Gabriel Suarez
09-15-2011, 07:11 AM
Gabe,
Perhaps “Not practical or realistic” he is referring to those persons who don’t have room to do so because that real-estate is dedicated to “the successful life body”.

I have found that if you increase the size of the chest and decrease the size of the waste you can practically and easily conceal a TSD glock, a spare mag and even a grab and stab. But that of course takes sweat and dedication.

Cheers
T

Hell T....with more pushups and less doughnuts one can even conceal a mini UZi!!!

henry1
09-15-2011, 07:15 AM
Like Gabe i live in Az and i wear a inside the waistband holster at the 4.o'clock prostion with the off side mag & flashlight pouch at the 8.o'clock prostion on the pant's belt .

I cover it with a oversized t-shirt that about 2x size bigger than i need and the only someone knew i was carry was she put her hand on my waist and felt it .but most of the shirt's i have are oversized to hide the pistol and offside mag pouch in the summer and winter time my jacket hide's the pistol

336Whiskey
09-15-2011, 08:40 AM
Can someone edxplain the mag orientation in the photo? When I use a horizontal mag ouch, I orient my mag with the bullets down, not up. Maybe I am doing it wrong?

Gabriel Suarez
09-15-2011, 09:06 AM
Can someone edxplain the mag orientation in the photo? When I use a horizontal mag ouch, I orient my mag with the bullets down, not up. Maybe I am doing it wrong?

Preference. I like bullets up.

TACC
09-15-2011, 09:58 AM
Looks like some good looking ingenious stuff.

The mag pouch system looks very interesting. I am sure the reloads were alot quicker, I have not worn one as of yet.

Gabriel Suarez
09-15-2011, 10:02 AM
And this as well -

http://www.onesourcetactical.com/images/products/detail/IMG_2416.jpg

http://www.onesourcetactical.com/singlemagazinepouchwithbeltclip-1.aspx

Jon Payne
09-15-2011, 10:39 AM
Been carrying one of these for a while now. Looking forward to the new stuff.1747217471

choirboy
11-07-2011, 03:45 AM
Add me to the flap holster for my RMRed G17. On the farm I open carry and I splash far worse than mud :)

Choirboy who is asking Santa to have my G21 slide RMRed. I think she has to get used to the 17 first.

Swoble
11-07-2011, 04:54 AM
Choirboy, time to invest an old repro Civil War revolver flap holster! YEAH!

Technical Civil War Division?

http://luger.gunboards.com/uploaded/bgoat3/2006528105723_cavalry%20holster%20001.jpg

I bet you could fit it in there...

choirboy
11-07-2011, 06:27 AM
I have flap holsters for 1911s and 4in K-Frame Pencil BBLs. No amount of stretching will get a Glock double stack into one.

Choirboy

Gabriel Suarez
11-07-2011, 07:51 AM
Lets not get on a race to the bottom with holsters please.

DogDoc
11-07-2011, 08:22 AM
I've used such just in the belt and not in the pants and still had no trouble concealing with an untucked shirt.
I'm a vet and often wear scrub shirts (untucked)...no issues as long as I'm not doing jumping jacks (in which case I could tuck it inside the pants and still have no real issues. Otherwise I wear a nice untucked dress shirt or even a T shirt. On "shirt and tie" occasions, I wear a dress coat and slide the rascal to 4 O'Clock. No problem.

To those who have issues at work, tell your boss he needs to install metal detectors and armed security if he wants the office take responsibility for defending your life. Otherwise you'd like to take care of it yourself. :)

The thin kydex on the Frickes is very nice, much nicer than leather iterations of the same theme. The BT promises to be dandy as well.

Doc

Gabriel Suarez
11-07-2011, 08:48 AM
I am not running flaps. You want a flap, here is what we suggest.

HIgh Speed Gear UDH (flap is optional) (http://www.onesourcetactical.com/hsgi-dropholsterairborneflapcovered-1.aspx)

Coupled with the Blade Tech Holster For the RMR Glocks (http://www.onesourcetactical.com/tsd-blade-techwrsrmrequippedtacticalholstersystem.aspx)

This is what we recommend.

hermosabeach
11-07-2011, 10:19 AM
Hell T....with more pushups and less doughnuts one can even conceal a mini UZi!!!

I think that the Secret Service listened to you

lmb7784
11-07-2011, 12:26 PM
My curiosity is piqued, I have an AA for my glock 19 and it rides a little high for my liking. By the looks of it, the BT rides slightly lower, and it appears to hold the grip a little tighter into the waist. Christmas is a'comin!

Fulanito
11-07-2011, 12:34 PM
My curiosity is piqued, I have an AA for my glock 19 and it rides a little high for my liking. By the looks of it, the BT rides slightly lower, and it appears to hold the grip a little tighter into the waist. Christmas is a'comin!

lmb7784,
Interesting observation. I also use an AA (G17 size) for my G19. I wonder if this one rides lower and tighter than the AA.

Eric
11-07-2011, 06:39 PM
Gabe, I've been a fan of FIST Kydex for years for my G30. When I carry (more so now than years past) I like 4:30 SS Cavalry style. Been using the Fist Leftie IWB for a looking time. Any chance you'll have something for me set up with an rmr and threaded barrel?

WinstonSmith
11-26-2011, 08:28 AM
lmb7784,
Interesting observation. I also use an AA (G17 size) for my G19. I wonder if this one rides lower and tighter than the AA.

Can anyone elaborate first hand on the ride height between the two (DF/BT)?

WinstonSmith
11-28-2011, 10:08 AM
Can anyone elaborate first hand on the ride height between the two (DF/BT)?

Anyone? Bueller?

chad newton
11-28-2011, 11:01 AM
That's a good ???? I was wondering the same thing.

John Chambers
11-28-2011, 11:33 AM
I have both Fricke and Blade Tech holsters and for me they ride at about the same height. If you look at the pictures of Gabe you can see they are very close.

Anyone? Bueller?

ZombieTactics
11-28-2011, 11:49 AM
I was just making the point that carrying a full size gun at 1 and spare mag at 11 is not practical (realistic?) for a lot of people out there. ...
Without snarky-ness implied, I'm always a bit bemused by statements like this.

It should be obvious that there is always some subset of the population who "can't do x" ... which has a strong overlap with the subset who "won't do x" ... and general confusion/denial over the difference between "can't" and "won't".

Given that this fact is obvious ... why is the statement made in the first place? My suspicion is that the poster (perhaps) finds himself in the can't/won't category, and feels it necessary to express his displeasure with a product as such. The implication is that somehow the product is at fault, rather than simply being a case where it doesn't meet one's particular needs. If a full size gun at 1 and spare mag at 11 doesn't work for you and your circumstances ... do something else.

Does it make sense - in a review of an F-16 fighter jet - to interject "But most people aren't fighter pilots!" ... ?

The logic escapes me. Is it me? Too picky? What am I missing?

Gabriel Suarez
11-28-2011, 12:11 PM
Does it make sense - in a review of an F-16 fighter jet - to interject "But most people aren't fighter pilots!" ... ? The logic escapes me. Is it me? Too picky? What am I missing?

Think of this way. A man cannot afford a Rolex. Therefore Rolexes are a waste of time and money. Since all he can afford is Timex, Timex is the only way to go, etc., etc. I call it Validation By Elimination.

There is also the physical aspect. A man cannot do pullups, therefore he thinks and elaborates to others that pullups are a waste of time and that there are no other functions in his daily life where pullup skills would ever be needed. Then he elaborates that those who advocate pullups are some sort of mutant extremists. That one is Success By Lowering Of Ones Standards.

jmac_52
11-28-2011, 12:16 PM
Without snarky-ness implied, I'm always a bit bemused by statements like this.

The logic escapes me. Is it me? Too picky? What am I missing?

Yep.....must be you! :lmao:

:wall:

jmac_52
11-28-2011, 12:41 PM
Think of this way. A man cannot afford a Rolex. Therefore Rolexes are a waste of time and money. Since all he can afford is Timex, Timex is the only way to go, etc., etc. I call it Validation By Elimination.

There is also the physical aspect. A man cannot do pullups, therefore he thinks and elaborates to others that pullups are a waste of time and that there are no other functions in his daily life where pullup skills would ever be needed. Then he elaborates that those who advocate pullups are some sort of mutant extremists. That one is Success By Lowering Of Ones Standards.

Kinda reminds me of this sign I saw in an office recently....

"If you see anything here that doesn't measure up to your standards, please feel free to lower your standards"

The Management

Netpackrat
11-28-2011, 12:49 PM
I always liked, "We've upped our standards. So up yours."

Froggy
11-28-2011, 01:18 PM
I don't think you would want either holster to ride much lower. The AA is setup to allow a good perch on the grip. Much deeper and you are going to be catching the belt with your fingers when you draw.

I think a lot of conceal issues are psychological. You have to carry until you dont think about it. That holster and pistol just become part of your daily getup. You should feel out of sorts when it is not there.

If you have a big gut, by bigger shirts. Try taping some sort of padding(an inch thick or so depending on the size of your gut) to the inside barrel end of the holster if you want to pull the exposed part of the pistol tighter into your gut. Another use for duct tape. Carry a G17 and you will get an extra .5 inch of holster below the belt to work with. Maybe Dale or BT would fold and rivet a piece of kydex to replace the duct tape once you figure out how big of a spacer you need between you and your holster to do the job.

Gabriel Suarez
11-28-2011, 01:50 PM
Listen. AIWB is something we worked long and hard on and the reason I had these holsters made up this way was because if we made any changes to the system, we had problems.

The holster has to ride straight up and down, and not canted forward. If you can't it forward the grip falls onto the belt and you will lose time on your draw. A handful of belt will do nothing for your speed.

The holster has to ride where the fingers of the hand have enough room to position at the front strap. That way you will not be slowed doen in any way when you need to draw. Holster too low and it may be real easy to conceal, but your draw will be slow. Too high and the draw will be fast, but you won't hide a damn thing.

Customize this if you want but if you do, understand that you will be losing the advantage that I discussed and designed into BOTH the DF and BT holsters. My suggestion is before you get the heat gun and duct tape, and then discover you farckled up a perfectly good holster - suck it up and get used to the holster the way it is.

jmac_52
11-28-2011, 01:57 PM
The only real "trick" to making them work right is to......and I don't want to hurt any feelings here, lose the spare tire above your belt line! Plain and simple....it did the trick for me. No matter what type of AIWB holster you wear, the truth is always the same. And, there's no problem concealing the grip....or both if you decide you should need to carry two at once.

azDevilsFan
11-28-2011, 11:08 PM
I always liked, "Hey Liberals, We don't Lower our standards. So up yours."

Andrew Wilkow

I always liked this one even better.

ERN
11-30-2011, 08:35 AM
Listen. AIWB is something we worked long and hard on and the reason I had these holsters made up this way was because if we made any changes to the system, we had problems.

The holster has to ride straight up and down, and not canted forward.

What is the problem with a little rearward cant?