PDA

View Full Version : Eye Drops as knock out agent

Spiffy
09-06-2011, 03:47 PM
Since the Fieldcraft section is no longer here I thought this was the best spot. If I am mistaken please move.

I was told by 2 "shady" characters where I work today that 2 drops of Visine eye drops would knock a person out for a couple of hours. The context they were talking about it in was you meet a girl at a bar she drops some in your drink and then robs you. Of course it was also mentioned as a date rape type thing.

Anyone know if it's true or just Urban Myth?

Dr. Dan Choi
09-06-2011, 03:49 PM
Urban myth. However, they do seem to cause diarrhea.

BearMBD
09-06-2011, 03:50 PM
sounds bs to me. i heared it will give you the squirts. dont know on that either not willing to be the guinnea pig :biglaugh:

Mach I
09-06-2011, 04:01 PM
Will cause violent diarrhea.

7 Mary 3
09-06-2011, 04:19 PM

Heard the same thing. Waiters/waitresses use it on crappy customers. Haven't tried it as the in-house staff (wife) lives with me. :smile:

YMMV

Russell

Benjamin Liu
09-06-2011, 04:25 PM
Whatever Visine will or will not do, in the scenario given the bad guy/girl could put anything in the bottle and use that.

Tracker
09-26-2011, 02:39 PM
Unfortunately, or as the case may be fortunately Visine changed the formula a few years ago. Seems a few incidents of children drinking it and dying from dehydration resulting from the expulsion. Was a handy thing to have on days when the boss gets to micromanaging, but those days with eye drops are gone now.

Ive heard, tho I would never do anything like it, that a few drops of ATF in the coffee pot will create havoc in the lower intestinal tract. But I would NEVER so anything like that, Im a pacifist and care about my fellow human beings

w420000
09-26-2011, 02:45 PM
Use Ether over mouth and nose, 5 seconds they out. Ps Ether also has a chemical reaction with sticky stuff, it will make anything sticky stick like mad. We use it over tape for wounds,it will not come loose.

Fulanito
09-26-2011, 08:03 PM
This particular urban myth is about 50 years old, dating back to when it was true. A drug called scopolamine used to be used in eye drops, and would do this. It is not used in eye drops any longer, and what it is used for is prescription-only.

Scopolamine AKA Burundanga. I worked one case in Bogota where this was used to drug an embassy worker. He disappeared by Parque 93. Alcohol and a pretty young lady we involved (Im so shocked!). We recovered him the folowing day bruised and dirty. He had little knowledge of what had happened...and had lost all of his clothes, wallet, watch. Fortunatly we were able to obtain the surveailence tape what was overlooking the cash register.

EDELWEISS
09-26-2011, 08:22 PM
...........2 drops of Visine eye drops would knock a person out for a couple of hours. The context they were talking about it in was you meet a girl at a bar she drops some in your drink and then robs you..........

Sounds like marriage, errr well at least mine.

pangloss
10-09-2011, 05:38 PM

A friend of mine used eye drops to this effect on her now ex-husband.

EDELWEISS
10-09-2011, 07:16 PM
A friend of mine used eye drops to this effect on her now ex-husband.

My first response to this started with "C" and followed up with a few other choice words, including "B" and more "C's"; but then I suppose it might have been his fault for drinking with the enemy....

On a more scientific note there are much better choices if diarrhea is the intended purpose, like syurp of ipac.

TheGrayMan214
10-09-2011, 08:38 PM
Ipecac induces vomiting which can be fun too...