PDA

View Full Version : Glock 21 SF sent off to be milled for RMR

Warrior1441
08-24-2011, 01:16 PM
Yesterday I purchased a bran new Glock 21 SF and today I sent the slide off to be milled by TSD for an RMR. I finally saved up enough to buy another G21 SF (My favorite handgun!) and designate it to get the full TSD treatment.
Of those of you out there with milled G21's with the TSD RMR Package, what do you think? I have a few G17 and 19s (with out the RMR) but I shoot the 21 the best of any handgun I have ever trained with. I'm still am not sure why. I have tried to force myself to embrace my 9mm Glocks for affordability of ammo, the higher round count, and faster bullet travel, but I just feel more comfortable and fluid running the G21. I am not a .45 snob and don't own a single 1911 so I have no special alegiance to the .45ACP. I just shoot it better plain and simple. I am really excited to see what it's like to have an RMR on the 21 and see how it can improve my performance with this platform.
If any of you have had any experience shooting a G21/RMR set up please share some of your thoughts, experiences, and feedback.
I also want to purchase one of the BladeTech RMR Glock thigh rigs for the Glock 21. I do not see them for sale on OST right now. Does anyone know if you can get these direct from BT yet?

mongooseman
09-12-2011, 08:58 PM
Keep me updated if you don't mind. Placed a 21sf on layaway today.

ordinarysaint
09-12-2011, 09:22 PM
I want pics when you get it back.Ive got a G21SF and its my favorite gun by far.Id love to get mine RMR'd but I gotta lotta other things to to do before that happens.

Craig Flaherty
09-12-2011, 09:52 PM
I love my G21 with the RMR and have not had one problem with it since making the conversion. In fact I was shooting the pistol at 100 yds this afternoon having much success with my accuracy, giving full credit to my RMR, As the eyes get older I find it much easier to shoot my RMR equipped G21 that other pistols I own and have access to.

I on the other hand am smitten with the .45 cartridge.

Warrior1441
09-17-2011, 03:10 PM
Thanks for the posts my fellow g
G21 SF brothers. I am still waiting for that oh so special email from TSD to let me know that the slide is finished an headed back my direction. I will post pics and a range report on my results with it as soon as get it and I can burn a few hundred rounds through it.

Garloch
09-17-2011, 03:16 PM
I thought long and hard about RMR'ing my 21 instead of my much more used 35, and went with the 35. I still may do the 21 one day. One neat thing (though hardly a big deal one way or the other) is that the RMR will fit flush with the sides of a 21 slide because it is the same width. But, it certainly doesn't hang over the sides of a standard thickness glock slide to cause any concerns.

I believe that you will be very pleased indeed when you get it back in two or three weeks.

debate225
09-17-2011, 03:36 PM
Hey if you shoot it better, what's not to like? :) You might want to check out the mag extensions at One Source - they convert a regular 13 round Glock mag to a 30 round stick. :D

Warrior1441
09-17-2011, 07:47 PM
I bought a few kriss super V mags for my last G21 SF and they worked great. I plan to buy two more just for good measure. Next up will be a threaded barrel from OST when they start offering them hopefully sooner than later. I think o may also invest on a tac light and one of the Blade tech RMR thigh rigs. I bought one of the quick detach BT rigs last year for my 17 and really liked it.

Warrior1441
10-10-2011, 02:51 PM
I got my G21 SF back freshly milled and worked over by TSD Combat Systems and it is very impressive. Will post pics tomorrow.

Roboto
12-07-2011, 08:07 PM
You haven't posted the pictures of your G21SF with the RMR yet.

doodi1
12-18-2011, 05:57 AM
Please post pictures:naughty:

Officer's Match
12-27-2011, 08:08 PM
I thought long and hard about RMR'ing my 21 instead of my much more used 35, and went with the 35. I still may do the 21 one day. One neat thing (though hardly a big deal one way or the other) is that the RMR will fit flush with the sides of a 21 slide because it is the same width. But, it certainly doesn't hang over the sides of a standard thickness glock slide to cause any concerns.

I believe that you will be very pleased indeed when you get it back in two or three weeks.

Interesting. I am a huge fan of the Glock 38. I know a lot of folks don't care for the GAP cartridge, but I shoot the G38 noticeably better than other Glocks. I've been thinking of RMRing on of my G38's and noticed that the wider slides of 10mm/45acp/45GAP models is a great fit for the TrijRMR's.

Garloch
12-27-2011, 08:35 PM
Interesting. I am a huge fan of the Glock 38. I know a lot of folks don't care for the GAP cartridge, but I shoot the G38 noticeably better than other Glocks. I've been thinking of RMRing on of my G38's and noticed that the wider slides of 10mm/45acp/45GAP models is a great fit for the TrijRMR's.

You won't be disappointed.

And to stress my earlier comments: the overhang on both sides of the slide on a regular width glock is a complete non-issue. I have gone about using my RMR'd G35 in my regular holster that I've worn for years with no issues.

Officer's Match
12-27-2011, 09:23 PM
I'll bet you're right about not being disappointed. I have always found 45 caliber Glocks to be really accurate. Now it's just a matter of pinching my pennies for the requisite amount of time, or perhaps shedding some other lesser utilized toy.

Winchester67
12-28-2011, 02:44 AM
I got a TSD upper for my Glock 19...had to sell an over and under 12 gauge to do it, and I never EVER sell guns. But this pistol is that important. At 46, the front sight was not as crisp as it once was, and that was hard for me to admit. The TSD/RMR gives me an edge...I am faster and more accurate than I was in my 20's. Who else but Gabe can sell you your youth back?