PDA

View Full Version : Combative Fundamentals, An Unconventional Approach

RedDevil
12-25-2003, 07:58 PM
I'd like to know if anyone has read this book. How did you like it? I'd like to know if it is $44 well spent.

Wulfenite
12-25-2003, 08:26 PM
Top Notch!

Also kinds nice cause it seems to be written to a little more advanced audience than most of the similar type books.

Liberty or Death
12-26-2003, 06:25 AM
I'd like to know if anyone has read this book. How did you like it? I'd like to know if it is $44 well spent.

In a word--outstanding!!!!

I bought three copies and am reading mine again for the second time.

Part Two of the book (Elimination of Uncertainty) alone is worth the price.

I think it perfectly complements Gabe's class lectures on Combative Mindset.

Leonidas
12-26-2003, 07:59 AM
Liberty,

I agree with you that GABE's book - Combat Perspective is a great read and at only $15 a give away.

The book Red Devil is asking about is Gonzale's book. I've read it. Its overpriced, rambling, and full of material it seems was copied from other writers. I'd skip this one. A better book is the one by Ralph Mroz on Extreme Close Quarters Engagements.

Leo

Liberty or Death
12-30-2003, 04:19 PM
Liberty,

I agree with you that GABE's book - Combat Perspective is a great read and at only $15 a give away.

The book Red Devil is asking about is Gonzale's book. I've read it. Its overpriced, rambling, and full of material it seems was copied from other writers. I'd skip this one. A better book is the one by Ralph Mroz on Extreme Close Quarters Engagements.

Leo

Ooops. My bad.
:o

You are correct about the Gonzales book which I also happen to own.

It is quite pricey and at least 60% of the material is derivative but having trained with Jeff, I do find CF to be useful refresher/reference material.

What do you think of his Non-Diagnostic approach to clearing stoppages?

Leonidas
12-30-2003, 04:46 PM
I don't care for the concept unless I have a second gun. It makes more sense to figure out what the probelm is with the gun. You can do this instantly if you've trained right.

Liberty or Death
12-30-2003, 07:58 PM
I don't care for the concept unless I have a second gun. It makes more sense to figure out what the probelm is with the gun. You can do this instantly if you've trained right.

Agreed.

It is a bit more time consuming--especially with a carbine--and not any more dependable.

After trying the ND Method, I am going back to the Diagnostic Method which has become ingrained through force of habit.