PDA

View Full Version : Slide manipulations with RMR equipped pistols

Steve Paulson
08-02-2011, 04:52 PM
I've searched but come up with nothing--redirect me if I missed it. In a tap-rack drill the support hand slaps the bottom of the mag, then comes over the gun, clamps down on the stop of the slide and slingshots it back, allowing the slide to return to battery underneath the support hand as it lets go. With the RDS in place it would seem like it could be an obstruction to the traditional manipulation. Just looking for guidance here...the TSD slide is giving me a serious case of the 'must have it' syndrome! I just like doing my homework. Wondering how (if??) you RMR'd guys have modified your slide manipulations to accommodate it, or if it's even an issue...?

chad newton
08-02-2011, 05:02 PM
It all works the same but now you have a big hook to aid in racking back.

bae
08-02-2011, 05:02 PM
I find the RMR is like having a large charging handle for this sort of thing, and quite helpful

Steve Paulson
08-02-2011, 05:05 PM
I'd wondered. I suppose if it's tough enough to endure cycling with the slide over and over it can stand to be yanked on. Thanks guys.

Chris Upchurch
08-02-2011, 05:05 PM
Yep. The RDS actually makes vigorous slide manipulation easier. You still grab over the top the same way, but now you can hook the RMR with your hand and jerk the whole assemblage to the rear.

coastalcop
08-02-2011, 05:07 PM
My palm smacks the front side of the rmr during manipulation. Before I went to a milled slide I ran a 19 with a dovetail mount and a jpoint. This manipulation never damaged or moved zero over thousands of slide racks with that setup. I can't see the more robust rmr and milled mount not surviving even better

chad newton
08-02-2011, 06:09 PM
I'd wondered. I suppose if it's tough enough to endure cycling with the slide over and over it can stand to be yanked on. Thanks guys.

One of the reasons Gabe went with the rmr is because the saleman smacked it on the table. I have droped mine even thrown mine(on accident) and it works like a champ.

chubasco
08-02-2011, 06:23 PM
AND, its even easier to rack an RMR equiped slide off your boot heal, off your belt, your holster, car door. You get the idea.

Randy Harris
08-02-2011, 06:51 PM
AND, its even easier to rack an RMR equiped slide off your boot heal, off your belt, your holster, car door. You get the idea.

BINGO!

The RMR is extremely robust. Having said that....you do know that all you guys REALLY have to do is tug the slide to the rear just far enough for the slide lock to drop. That really does not put much pressure on the RMR assembly.

Spiffy
08-03-2011, 03:20 AM
It all works the same but now you have a big hook to aid in racking back.

RED DOT SIGHT................ SLIDE RACKER................. RED DOT SIGHT........... SLIDE RACKER................ Never fills you up and never lets you down.

If the beer people didn't sue us it would make for a great parody commercial wouldn't it.

Jr. Urbina
08-08-2011, 08:22 PM

Yep, was training today doing a protect the principal type drill and watched a buddy who had forgotten to make his gun hot, go right into a rack off his belt and put hits on the target quick fast and in a hurry. That RMR is like big charging handle.