PDA

View Full Version : Press Release - TSD Combat Systems Slides!

Gabriel Suarez
07-27-2011, 04:20 PM
http://www.onesourcetactical.com/images/products/detail/IMG_20071.jpg
TSD COMBAT SYSTEMS GLOCK 17 SLIDE - RMR COMPATIBLE

The addition of the RMR Red Dot Sight to the pistol slide is a game changing evolution to the combat pistol. The issue has been in locating an aftermarket slide that was capable of surpassing what the OEM Glock Slide offered. Sadly, we had difficulty finding one that even came close. Every question has an answer and every problem a solution. Nothing is impossible my friends…nothing! I am sure we are all familiar with the phrase, “If you want something done right, you have to do it yourself”. Well that is exactly what we did. We built Glock aftremarket slides to our own specifics and and standards, which exceed that of the OEM.

I went to the aerospace industry were I would not hear “can’t”, but only, “how many do you want sir?” I went to the people that make the parts that keep our young warriors in flight over the middle east, and our satellites in orbit. I went to the people that know far more about minute measurements and exacting tolerances than anyone making slides for pistols today. And as I spent hours in discussions and as my stack of hundred dollar bills began to shrink, I saw a slide forming. A slide that was totally “drop-in” with no gunsmithing needed, yet to a quality that makes the term “match” sound ridiculously understated. And then of course, a barrel to match it, mated specifically to the tolerances and specifics of the slide.

Taking the two prototypes, we filled the Jeep with crates of 9mm ammo and drove out to our northern training area. Did we test them? Did we ever test them!! Think of two men loading 33 round sticks, while two other men shoot until they develop blisters from the radiant heat from the smoking guns. 350 rounds downrange through each prototype in a few minutes with no lubrication at all on the guns - zero malfunctions. The guns were too hot to hold in our hands at this point so we baptized them with a one liter bottle of Evian water. After the geyser of steam evaporated into the dry Arizona afternoon, the gun was lubricated and firing resumed. This went on for hours until the ammo in the Jeep was exhausted. I wanted no excuses or problems...just hard results.

Made of 17-4 stainless steel, at a thorough hardness of RC 46, to exacting tolerances by aerospace technicians, to exceed the match quality requirements of TSD Combat Systems, these upper end units exceed the quality, reliability, and accuracy of any after-market components to the extreme, and surpass the hardness and durability of OEM units, with an impeccable Cerakote finish.

Performance without compromise.
Quality without excuses.
Delivery without drama.

That is what has driven TSD since inception. That is what drives us today, and that is what we promise our customers. TSD Combat Systems – “Eyeball accuracy at room distances with 100% reliability, and first round hits at 100 yards with unsurpassed elegance”. Guaranteed!

These TSD Combat Systems top ends come complete with the Trijicon RMR, and all internals, a TSD Combat Systems Match Barrel, assembled and finished by our TSD Technicians. It is packaged in a TSD/Pelican Case.

You want the best there is? Its right here in front of you.

MORE ON THE RMR-SLIDES HERE (http://www.onesourcetactical.com/tsdcombatsystems-glock17rmrslide.aspx)

Standard Non-RMR Cut Slides Here (http://www.onesourcetactical.com/tsdcombatsystems-glock17rmrslide-1.aspx)

randyho
07-27-2011, 04:33 PM
These are gen 3 compatible, correct?

admin
07-27-2011, 04:34 PM
Gen Three yes.

randyho
07-27-2011, 04:40 PM
I'll go with understatement: That's really impressive.

lightfighter
07-27-2011, 05:36 PM
Congratulations Gabe, they look beautifully executed.

GRT45
07-27-2011, 06:56 PM
And then of course, a barrel to match it, mated specifically to the tolerances and specifics of the slide.

Please give us some more details about the barrel. Is it manufactured by the same source as the slide? Does it have polygonal rifling like OEM or the conventional lands and grooves of an aftermarket barrel?

Gabriel Suarez
07-27-2011, 06:59 PM
Please give us some more details about the barrel. Is it manufactured by the same source as the slide? Does it have polygonal rifling like OEM or the conventional lands and grooves of an aftermarket barrel?

We contracted with a custom barrel maker. We gave them specs on what we wanted and they did it. Stainless, with a blackened finish. Standard rifling which IMHO is more accurate than the polygonal. Made to fit our slides perfectly. Amazing what progress will do. And you will not have feeding issues like those "brand X" barrels.

powder_burns
07-27-2011, 07:03 PM
Any plans for a Gen 4 slide?

Charl13
07-27-2011, 07:05 PM
Will the barrels all be threaded or will that be an option?

crushgrip
07-27-2011, 07:28 PM
Are the guts OEM except the barrel and would a factory barrel work in those if need be? Those are awesome in every since of the word!

Tom Cornelius
07-27-2011, 07:34 PM
Internals are OEM. Factory barrel will fit fine.

crushgrip
07-27-2011, 07:42 PM
Jeez Tom, what am I supposed to do with the tan beauty now! The LW has worked great for me but that new one is just so SEXY! Any chance of the slide selling on its lonesome once the production is up and running? Are you liking yours? BTW the mags will be shipped ASAP. Sorry about the delay.

Tom Cornelius
07-27-2011, 08:50 PM
No problem. A thinking man doesn't have a choice.... Timex or Rolex... Rolex it is... And over 50,000 rounds down range in testing. The Best Slide with the Best Barrel.

This isn't something new. It's a new Benchmark concerning performance. Wait until we release some of the testing pictures.

crushgrip
07-27-2011, 08:56 PM
Words of wisdom Tom. Thanks.

HarvKY
07-28-2011, 01:22 AM
Great looking product & idea.
Hope it does well and perhaps other models will follow

Cheers,
Harv

Jesuvuah
07-28-2011, 03:23 AM
I have to admit, that is the most bad ass glock I have ever seen. It seems that the slide itself really is not all that pricey either compared to the competition. Will all OEM parts fit the blank slides?

Winchester67
07-28-2011, 05:31 AM
Looking forward to the 19 Version. Oh, wait, have I said that before like on every post?

jmac_52
07-28-2011, 08:08 AM
I can see where I'm going to have trouble holding onto my future AK fund when the model for the 19 comes out......:facepalm2:It's enough to make me as fickle as a school girl.

That is one sexy article of design and function combined!

CharleyVCU1988
07-28-2011, 07:11 PM
I really hope you make Gen4 compatible slides...

(and another vote for the G19 version...)

Gabriel Suarez
07-28-2011, 07:16 PM
Gen 3 G-19 is available as a pre-buy now.

denko
07-28-2011, 07:19 PM
Very nice.....

Winchester67
07-30-2011, 01:51 PM
I have guns for sale right now to buy the 19 upper...you would bring it out when I am tapped from buying an engagement ring!

nklndime
07-31-2011, 06:37 AM
Do you have timeline on a slide for the G21, or will it even be considered?

nkl

Gabriel Suarez
07-31-2011, 07:02 AM
Gents, my hope is to be able to offer the TSD systems on a number of different slides, and we have some revolutionary ideas in these offerings. That said, while the 21 is on the list, it is below the 9mm platforms because, in all honesty, we sell far more Glock 9mm magazines, and sold more of these packages on 9mm slides. Almost six to one ratio. Thus we are prioritizing the 9mm for the first few offerings. But we will in fact get to the other calibers.

Mike Skulls
07-31-2011, 07:11 AM
i am hoping there is a glock 23 option in the futrure. but i know it is a less used model. that being said i might be getting a 17 just to run the TSD slide. It looks too cool for words. Cant wait to see the TSD AK!!!

ArmyDoc
07-31-2011, 12:38 PM
Gents, my hope is to be able to offer the TSD systems on a number of different slides, and we have some revolutionary ideas in these offerings. That said, while the 21 is on the list, it is below the 9mm platforms because, in all honesty, we sell far more Glock 9mm magazines, and sold more of these packages on 9mm slides. Almost six to one ratio. Thus we are prioritizing the 9mm for the first few offerings. But we will in fact get to the other calibers.

When you look at your next slide, please consider the G20/21 platform. One nice factor is that if you do a G20, there would be minimal changes to use it as the basis for a G21, or vise versa. Have a TSD G21 coming... shure would be nice to have it's sister in a G20 long slide.

GRT45
07-31-2011, 01:41 PM

It's great to read that Glock 45ACP slides and barrels from TSD Combat Systems will be available sometime in the future. All I ask is that you please keep your options open with your manufacturing sources to shorten the Gen3 and Gen4 G21 TSDCS slides to offer them for the G30 too. There are precious few sources (none that I know) for non-OEM G30 aftermarket slides and TSD would definitely be a noteworthy new source. I can wait for the best, price is not the issue.

Terry1
07-31-2011, 02:16 PM
Well I might be forced to buy a Glock 17 just to have one of these slides and I'm not a glock fan.

Ioannis Mandalis
08-01-2011, 01:15 AM
If I manage to make my agency accept a gun with two different serial numbers and give me license for duty carry...this is definitely the best combat handgun system I' ve ever seen...

Do you produce only threaded barrels? I'm afraid that in Greece they are forbidden and the best thing I can do is to fight for the purchase of the slide...

barnetmill
08-01-2011, 04:44 PM
If I manage to make my agency accept a gun with two different serial numbers and give me license for duty carry...this is definitely the best combat handgun system I' ve ever seen...

Do you produce only threaded barrels? I'm afraid that in Greece they are forbidden and the best thing I can do is to fight for the purchase of the slide...
Can you not remove the threads from the barrel if that is a problem or perhaps weld/solder the supplied cap to the barrel.

Mickey Rourke
08-01-2011, 04:58 PM
perhaps weld/solder the supplied cap to the barrel.If you did that, I don't believe you would be able to remove the barrel from the slide :eek:

I suppose the threads could be cut off and re-crowned.

thegrinch911
08-01-2011, 05:19 PM
When do the 4 inch XD slides become available? Is it even in the works, or do I just need to send in my slide now since a TSD slide and barrel wi not become available...

Gabriel Suarez
08-01-2011, 05:45 PM
1). We can make a non-threaded barrel if there is demand.
2). We can make an XD slide...or an M&P slide, if there is demand.

Let us know. If there is one guy that wants it, sorry Charlie....if fifty guys want it...different story.

clintofio
08-01-2011, 06:09 PM
I'm interested in an XDM 9mm slide

thegrinch911
08-02-2011, 05:57 AM
Chalk me up in permanent marker for an XD 4 inch slide and barrel, 9mm. Let the counting begin!?

Schoen
08-02-2011, 09:52 AM
Ok, lets hear it for the Glock 23's I am in for a Pre Order end of this Month:thumbup::thumbup:

esskay
08-25-2011, 03:33 PM
1). We can make a non-threaded barrel if there is demand.

I would be interested in a non-threaded G17 barrel. Hope there are enough other guys!

Lawn_Dart
08-30-2011, 04:32 PM
Any testing done on aftermarket frames? Timberwolf-Lonewolf and CCF are the only two I know of.

Gabriel Suarez
08-30-2011, 04:55 PM
Yup...I will be painfully honest. They are both crap.

Grey Man
08-30-2011, 06:10 PM
Yup...I will be painfully honest. They are both crap.

Details? Just curious.

Lawn_Dart
08-30-2011, 06:38 PM
My thought was to put one of the slides on one of their frames as an option. Sounds like that wouldn't be a good idea though.