PDA

View Full Version : Trijicon MS03?

Socomike
05-29-2011, 06:18 PM
Is anyone using this RDS on their glocks? I have a good deal lined up for one and am looking to build my G17 into a "combat/Duty" pistol.

I was looking at the trijicon RMR but this came up. How does this sight match up dementionally to the RMR and is it a acceptable pick for a combat sight?

Thanks.

Mike

Mickey Rourke
05-29-2011, 08:07 PM
The MS line was pretty much the pre-cursor to the true RMR. Unfortunately they don't have quite the battery life, and operate on a hooded cover to determine if its on or off I believe. My buddy had one, and traded it out for an RMR later. It's a decent crisp red-dot, and is probably tough enough for the duty, but I don't think having it on all the time will yield reasonable results. I'd look for battery life reviews. If you're not wearing it you could toss on the hood (which kills the dot)...and keep it on while carrying it. However, if it only has X amount of hours, make sure they're enough or it'll be a waste.It looks like a Doctor/JPoint clone. If that is the case, battery life isn't that bad.

I've been carrying my G19/Jpoint for almost a year (June 12, 2010) with the hood off and the battery is still good.

Socomike
05-29-2011, 08:26 PM
So dementionally the the optic is the same as the RMR? Will a place like one source have a problem installing the sight?